New Metallica Album

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
While I enjoyed my lazyness, I read in Metallica's official website, that, according to James Hetfield (or Lars Ulrich, but who cares?), the new Metallica's album has a sound very similar to Messugah's.

I've never heard Messugah (please, don't slap me too much!! :)), but anyway, I'm quite pessimistic.

Any opinion?

Metal Pede

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Nov. 2001
Denmark
Arrrhhhh! Metallica....American band...with a danish drummer right!
Yeah, I remember them...they made four fantastic albums in the eighties.....

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Metallica sound like Meshuggah???

That would be truly a big big step from what they are doing now.

But I actually don't know that much what the fuck they are doing now...
The first 4 albums were great, the black album one could listen to if need be.
Load and re-load almost makes me puke!
Thet garbage inc (or was it garage? :) ) and S&M I've just heard bits and pieces from, but they should just change their name to "We sold our souls for money" or something like that...

Meshuggah are Sedish by the way :)
Don't like them all that much though, too damn technical, don't get good music by playing strange in my opinion ;)

Supercharger

26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
hmm Metallica souding like Meshuggah..well they're one of the most technical bands around and I don't think Lars "napster, napster where's my cash that I've been after" Ulrich can pull in a year what the drummer of Messuggah can do in a second :D

Anyway..If metallica is going to sound far more technical and metal then it would be a vast improvement from their current shitload albums and they're extremely gay s&m album..

As far as I'm concerend Metallica should developed themselves like Testament evolved. Getting more technical and louder/harder instead of getting softer and more mainstream over the years

Kroppus

2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
*falls over laughing*
If Metallica is going to start playing like Meshuggah, they're going to become the meta' worlds answer to Milli Vanilli.
Or if the band should really play that way. *can't think of anyone in Metallica that could even get close* After Jason left there's not one single musican left there.
And this is from me that saw them live for the first time in february 1984, when they played suport for Venom. (seen them 8 or 9 times all in all)
I was a fan until i heard what Load was going to be. Old men shouldn't play "metal" when they're to old to keep the tempo.
:)

Kroppus

P.S. Anyone that shared our bus from Oslo to Wacken and back last year heard Meshuggah a lot. :)
I know the guys in Scream didn't like it. They took our cd-player away from us both ways. We got it back on the way down when we started to sing instead. :)

Blackwizard69

22 Juli 2002
Roma
Website besuchen
@ Kroppus

Finally another oldie, now I'm not the only "over 30" on this site! I saw them in the same tour, in distant 1984, in Milan...good ol' days...

To me, Metallica ended with "Master of Puppets", personally I thought "And Justice" was extremely boring and pretentious (even though never I would have imagined how much worse things would have gotten from there on...). Strangely, I even prefer the Black Album to And Justice, because at least it has a great sound and the songs are shorter and catchier. Of course, I like the Black Album in the same way I might like a Brian Adams or an REM song, for example. I mean, we are distant light years from my standard concept of metal...

Last time I listened to Meshugga must have been about 10 years ago...I remember them as very technical and very boring, but they were ok.

Kroppus

2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
I agree that Justice was bad, but when you think about what they made after the black album? It's rather good :))
*haven't played metallica for ages*
There's so much other good music to listen to instead.
:)

Kroppus