New band confirmed: Coheed and Cambria

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

zapparules

5 Apr. 2009
Bayern
But this is shit.. last year had awsome names! Please I need some great bands Wacken, seriously. I'm hoping for a great headliner like Iron Maiden last year. And not any more bands wich have played wacken in 1991 or something, those bands are shit for me.

What the hell?! This year they've got Heaven&Hell, Thin Lizzy, Motörhead, U.F.O. and so many other great bands! And they are all "shit" for you? Come on! Why do you want to go to Wacken then?!

Michiel

21 Mai 2009
Noooooo ofcourse not!!
I mean the new names, I want some better stuff ;)
Names like heaven and hell and amon amarth etc. are awsome!!
But I think that the line-up will be better if you get, in my opinion, better bands like a great head-liner like Iron Maiden last year.
It's not that the whole line-up is crap, but the last new names were not good enough for me. But I think that's because I like the metalcore bands the most. And these are mostly hard-rock or other forms of metal.

Get it? ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

baci

W:O:A Metalhead
24 Aug. 2007
Hamburg
Wacken, what the fuck are you guys doing?
I really need some good bands. These bands are all from germany and they don't say anything to me. I mean, it's the 20th anniversery of Wacken! celibrate it with good bands like Parkway Drive, August Burns Red, or bands like bury your dead! or Sylosis, all great bands!

But this is shit.. last year had awsome names! Please I need some great bands Wacken, seriously. I'm hoping for a great headliner like Iron Maiden last year. And not any more bands wich have played wacken in 1991 or something, those bands are shit for me.

1. Coheed and Cambria are not from Germany
2. Wacken is not a hardcore festival
3. bands which played in 1991 belong to the festival history and therefore totally suit into a 20 year best-of billing!

Michiel

21 Mai 2009
1. Coheed and Cambria are not from Germany
2. Wacken is not a hardcore festival
3. bands which played in 1991 belong to the festival history and therefore totally suit into a 20 year best-of billing!

1. allright, I don't mean this band but the most new bands which are confirmed
2. I don't need wacken to be a hardocre festival, but those were just names which I would love to see.
3. That's you opinion, I will see if you are right this year!

hehe, have a good time everybody. I just wanted to say my opinion. Not to start a discussion or something.

See you on wacken!

jorisvanzijl

22 Mai 2009
Wacken, what the fuck are you guys doing?
I really need some good bands. These bands are all from germany and they don't say anything to me. I mean, it's the 20th anniversery of Wacken! celibrate it with good bands like Parkway Drive, August Burns Red, or bands like bury your dead! or Sylosis, all great bands!

well i totally agree
this line up is very shitty
except bring me the horizon, walls of jericho and machine head
last year was al lot better
names like as i lay dying, soilwork, unearth, iron maiden, killswitch engage and lots more
not that black/death metal stuff and stupid rock
look at the line up of graspop
lots more of different kinds of metal
not only black,death and hard rock

hope the line-up will be better in these weeks.

see you there

Michiel

21 Mai 2009
well i totally agree
names like as i lay dying, soilwork, unearth, iron maiden, killswitch engage and lots more

see you there

I agree, there are very great names in the line-up, but the new names are bad.

Severus

15 Mai 2009
Ankh-Morpork
well i totally agree

see you there

Yeah, I am drowning in death-metal band :rolleyes:

MetalViking

26 Feb. 2007
England
well i totally agree

see you there
You named about every band (bar maiden) that shouldnt be at wacken! they are horrible!

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
Do you want to know where the orga is picking their latest bands? Sonisphere UK. Not a coincidence most of them being added to Sonisphere and a few days later added to wacken...

Coheed and Cambria
Airbourne
Anthrax
Thin Lizzy

I wouldn't be surprised if Mastodon, Lamb of God or Fear Factory are added...or even Avenged Sevenfold :rolleyes:

Jordan

25 März 2009
I'd be surprised if anything was added now ! Looks like the line-up is complete, at least for the main stages.

However Mastodon aren't bad ! Could be interesting to check out.
Fear Factory with Gene Hoglan & Byron Stroud maybe also... (hmm... if at least Burton C. Bell is still able to sing... which I doubt)

buddhaabdi

4 Juni 2009
still better then half of the line-up which is already there, but its not metal. Its prog. rock, and its chill as fuck:D

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
well i totally agree

see you there

Are you serious? The line up looks damn good, I'm wishing I was going now.
I really like Coheed, but they shouldn't be at Wacken at all.
As for the bands you've listed, like MetalViking said, bar Maiden, those are the kinds of bands who SHOULDN'T be there (yet somehow get slots anyway).
If you want your shitty skinny jeans core music, fuck off to Download or Reading/Leeds.