Need advice about planning for Wacken

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by LooseCannon
Huh?Where?Damn!No Money.Wanna stop by before or after the show?

It's at the Depot...off of Charles Street (in the "theater district" i.e. by the train station i.e. shit part of town). It's TTD, Widow, Fierce Allegiance, and Burning Shadows. All four fucking excellent bands. I can't wait!

It's only $7 for a night packed with METAL! (and "posers burned at the stake", according to the flyer - http://www.twisted-tower-dire.com/Shows Page/Flyers/Depot Nov 8.jpg). Wish I could stop by, but the schedule's kinda tight...I'm the one hauling all of Fierce's gear, and I have to work the next morning...ugh. I HATE WORK!!!

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Brat
Hey Warthog

I scored Crest of the Martyr while I was in Melbourne a couple of weekends ago

AWESOME stuff and suprisingly, the CD didn't disappoint after seeing them live (which usually happens to me)

Hell yeah! Glad you liked it! I can't get enough of that disc. Some brilliant songs on there - "Axes & Honor", "To be a Champion", "At Night", etc. I think this is the first time they've sounded as good on CD as they have live - they've always had the songs, but never the production they needed.

Even all the people from the local scene who used to rag on TTD love the CD (except for King Fowley from Deceased/October 31, who rags on everybody like it was an Olympic sport, lol)

Also can't wait to see their openers Widow (www.burning-village.com). Fantastic gothic power metal from NC. These guys would be huge in Europe right now if they weren't signed to a crap hardcore label that couldn't market metal to save their lives. :mad:

Ah well, it's about time I had a metal weekend, it's been too damn long. :D

Zarborg

W:O:A Metalhead
Originally posted by ChildOfFire
Hi guys. Next year will be my first time to go to Wacken (by myself no less), and I'm a little apprehensive; mainly about the planning. I have some questions.

First off - What is it like during the festival?
Which hotels or pensions are nice places to stay?
Which places should I avoid?
Are there any safety precautions I should take?

This Summer I was traveling through Germany alone, and I really didn't have any problems. But I know going to Wacken will be a very different experience, and I want to try and make it as problem free for myself as I can.

I was in the very same position this summer. I'm from Canada and I travel Wacken alone. The only two word I have is : don't worry and make you friend on this board. The people at Wacken is really cool, they'll please too see someone coming to so far away for go to their festival. And by making you friend on the forum, you'll not be alone. If you're not a jackass everything will be fine.

Wacken is a good festival, not a lot of jackass there. Bring your camping stuff (I sugest you to eat food on the festival ground or the little place around, it's more expensive but less complicate), your clothes and all normal thing you bring when travelling.

At last, avoid german beer -Rum and coke rules!- and trouble.

LooseCannon

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Warthog
It's at the Depot...off of Charles Street (in the "theater district" i.e. by the train station i.e. shit part of town). It's TTD, Widow, Fierce Allegiance, and Burning Shadows. All four fucking excellent bands. I can't wait!

It's only $7 for a night packed with METAL! (and "posers burned at the stake", according to the flyer - http://www.twisted-tower-dire.com/Shows Page/Flyers/Depot Nov 8.jpg). Wish I could stop by, but the schedule's kinda tight...I'm the one hauling all of Fierce's gear, and I have to work the next morning...ugh. I HATE WORK!!!

You going to the King Diamond show?