Metalheadz that are movie addicted spam thread

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Tried writing this last night, but the forum died on me, another try now...

So I'm back to spamming a little again...
I'm addicted, what can I say? :D

Actually have a morning meeting tomorrow, so I really could use some sleep, but the damn heat is killing me...

I've seen some references to movie addiction in here, and I'm always into talking about movies, will make a try with this thread :)

To stat off with, three very overrated films that I', almost the only one to say they sucked real bad!

1) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
2) Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
3) Being John Malkovich

About 1) then.
I was about to turn this movie off after the first 3 minutes, but I thoght to myself "it can't be like this all through the movie..."
Oh how wrong I was! I think that it got even worse!
Strange thing is though, I seem to be the only one that actually really really hate this film. Most others seem to think that it rocks and kick ass and everything.
I don't know, maybe I'm stupid or something...

About 2)
It's one of the vey very very few films in my life that I've turned off and not watched until the end.
Maybe it gets better after the first hour? I don't know, couldn't bear more than about 55 minutes...
I can take a lot, but to wacth these "fight scenes", no way!
Seems I'm about the only one here as well that does not think this is one of the best films ever...

About 3)
This was a real waste of my time!
Ok, so I got to see the film for free on a preview at the cinema, still I wish I hadn't! God damn it sucks! Horrible story, bad acting, no humor.
Maybe it's me again, that I don't have any sense of humor, because once again, most people seem to think that this one is great...

Now to two films that I think is better than the poor reviews they've got.
a) Starship Troopers
b) Mangler 2

About a)
I think this is an excellent Sci-Fi movie! Good special effects, good acting, a story that does not "stray".
Sure it's a lot of Nazi-lookalike shit in there, but I still think that it is in a humourus way. They make fun of the American "we are the best and will kick everybody's ass" kind of war mentality. I just love this film :)
There are a few poeple that agree with me, but most seem to think that this is real trash...

About b)
Sure, it's a horror film taht does not have that much potential.
But to get stuck at the number 3 place of the bottom 100 films ever at imdb???? That is not fair! It's not that bad!
I can say several horror films that are much worse, and I will:
Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Scanners, Helloween 3, The New York Ripper, The Mangler (1), Stephen King's Graveyard Shift, Son of darkness, The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane, and many others...
And that's just in the horror section, there are many others non-horror films that are way worse than this as well.
So if you're a horror fan like me, it's worth watching!!

A couple of horror films that I think kicks ass!
The Exorcist
Halloween 1978
Halloween 1981
Evil Dead
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Hellraiser
Hellraiser II
Omen
Omen 2
The Shining (The original with Jack N mind you!)
The Hitcher
Alien (Hmm, sort of horror)
The silence of the lambs (Hmm, sort of horror)
The sixth sense (Hmm, sort of horror)

Other great masterpieces of films:
Lord of the rings: The fellowship of the ring
The Matrix
Willow
Bladerunner
Dune
Pulp Fiction
Terminator
Terminator 2
Se7en
The usual suspects
Natural born killers
Excalibur
The crow
The Indiana Jones trilogy
The Star Wars trilogy (there's only three films as I'm concerned)
Il Buono, il brutto, il cattivo (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
Per un pugno di dollari (A Fistful of Dollars)
Per qualche dollaro in più (For a Few Dollars More)
Deathrace 2000
The godfather
Memento
Brave heart Shrek
Full metal jacket
Platoon
Legend
Labyrinth

I can't imagine how many great films I can't think of right now, cause I'm so damn tired...

Feel free to comment this post/thread, that's why I've started it :)

Love metal, but love films as well.
So to discuss films with people who love metal, and films, would be great :)

A few things still, movies with songs and or appearances of metal people:

* Jhonny Mnemonic: Henry Rollins starts as "the spider"

* Lost Highway: Henry Rollins plays one of the guards

* Noll Tolerans (Swedish): Correct me if I'm wrong, but do believe that Pain (Peter Tägtgren) has a song playing in this one

* Sleepwalkwer (Swedish): Peter Tägtgren plays sleeping man and has a song specially written for this film.

* Strangeland: Film made by and featuring Dee Snider.

* Terminator 2: Ron Young (I), lead singer in Little Caesar plays one of the bicers in the beginning, the one with the pool cue.

* Deadpool: Original set of Guns n' Roses appears as well as the song Welcome to the jungle

* Days of Thunder: Gn'R song (cover) Knockin' on heaven's door plays in the back ground

* Interview with the vampire: Gn'R song (cover) Sympathy for the devil is played

Anyways, I really should stop typing now, but it's so damn hard when you get started...

Blackwizard69

W:O:A Metalhead
22 Juli 2002
Roma
Website besuchen
I'm pretty much in line with you on the "best of" category .

I'm happy you appreciate Sergio Leone's "Spaghetti Westerns", I simply love 'em, must be because I'm Italian...and how about the soundtracks by Ennio Morricone on those movies?!? Absolutely amazing. Once I was listening to the soundtracks (I have the CDs) and thought to myself that Morricone must have been a cowboy in an earlier life, because the music is so "fitting" it feels like you couldn't have written it if you weren't actually there...

You probably know this already, but in the early eighties Metallica used to open their concerts using one of Morricone's tracks from "Il Buono, Il Brutto e il Cattivo" as their intro, it's the one where they finally make it to the cemetary in the desert and start running around looking for the tombstone.

Some of my favorites (along with most of the ones already listed by you are:

The Usual Suspects
Taxi Driver
The Godfather Part II
Apocalypse Now
Reservoir Dogs and, dulcis in fundo,
The Deer Hunter, the greatest of them all!

Nothing extremely original, but hey, they're great movies!

In the horror section in my all time faves I would add:

Friday 13th (Part I)
The Fog

Regarding actors, you get Red Hot Chilli Peppers' singer (don't remember his name, I'm really not too much into that stuff) in Pointbreak, and I saw Flea in another movie (he had a pretty big part).

In "I Know What You Did Last Summer" the movie opens with Type O Negative's "Summer Breeze" cover from the Bloody Kisses album. I was bangin' my head in the fuckin' movie theater!

Just to let you know that you have ruined the rest of my working day because I'll be thinking of other movie titles the rest of the afternoon...

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
I can't believe it!! Nobody has mentioned "The Clockwork Orange" by mighty Stanley Kubrick!!! I think that's the film I've enjoyed the most.

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
FUCK

justed tried watching my version of "Fellowship of the Ring" on DVD that I bought yesterday.
Seems that my DVD player won't support it!
It works in my computer DVD, but not my stationeary.

Sucks!

You pay expensive money for a DVD player and after that you can't even watch the best movie ever on it...

Blackwizard69

22 Juli 2002
Roma
Website besuchen
Sodomy you should be studying! Stop spamming!!!

Just kidding! You're right, we forgot A Clockwork Orange, giant fuck up...I'm sure we're missing plenty of others but that one's a biggie.

Good luck with yuor exams (university?)

^witchfinder^

i agree i think clockwork orange is a very overrated film
although i dont think it is a bad film just not one of my classic fims ...u guys need to watch some early Dario Argento horror films
like Tenebrae and Suspiria :) also i like some films by Lucio Fulci ...and yeah i know these are not that good but i like them

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Originally posted by Blackwizard69
Sodomy you should be studying! Stop spamming!!!
[...]
Good luck with yuor exams (university?)

*grrr* :mad: :mad: You're worse than my mother!!! :D :D :p
btw, yes, I'm studying at university.

So you, metalheadz-movie-addicted, don't like The Clockwork Orange!!! What kind of movie-freaks do you think you are?? :D

I'm sure you like the next movie: AMERICAN PIE!!!!! Best film ever!!! :D :D

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
American Pie is great!!
:D : D

Went to the movies with free passes to see this film, would never have paid for it.
Thouht it was going to suck, but DAMN! I havn't laughed so much ever at a film!!!

:)

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
American Pie is one of the WORST movies I have ever seen... not one single good joke in that movie! total crap! *shudders*

but am I right that no body here has mentioned BRAM STOKER'S DRACUL yet??? tz tz tz shame on you!!!

*slaps everyone who hasn't mentioned that movie yet* :D

ahh feels good to slap again after such a long time!!! ;)

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Hehehe, first time I get slapped by the mighty Lord Horb :D :D

Don't think that movie is all that great *takes cover*

Many scarier movies out there...