Metal Battle?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
umm.. last year there was this competition some weeks before Wacken and only the winning bands got to play at WOA itself... but actually I have no clue how it works in 2005...

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
ah ok... those Wacken guys are lazy again when it comes to translating :rolleyes:
here´s the German version, will translate it in the next post for you:

Vorausscheidung:

In jedem Bundesland findet eine Live – Vorentscheidung statt, an der 6 ausgewählte Bands teilnehmen können.

Bands können sich mit den üblichen Unterlagen bis zum 31.01.05 bewerben bei:

W:O:A Headquarter - ICS GmbH, Stichwort Metal Battle, Hauptstr. 47, 24869 Dörpstedt

Die Vorauswahl wird vom W:O:A Team, Armageddon Music und dem Metal Hammer getroffen.

Die 6 Bands je Bundesland treten in einem Live Contest gegeneinander an. Hier wird von Euch und einer hochkarätigen Jury der Gewinner des jeweiligen Bundeslandes gewählt. Die teilnehmenden Clubs und Termine werden im Januar bekannt gegeben.

Jeweils wird noch ein "special guest" sowie "Metal Karaoke" pro Contest dabei sein.

Halbfinale > Finale:

Die Gewinner je Bundesland treten dann im Juni (Termin folgt noch) in Wacken auf einen 2- tägigem (8 Bands pro Tag + special guests) Indoor Festival (Hall of Metal) zur Zwischenausscheidung gegeneinander an. Hier werden die 3 Siegerbands von Euch und einer Jury bestimmt, die dann auf dem W:O:A beim Metal Battle auf der W.E.T. Stage gegen die Siegerbands der internationalen Partner antreten.

Bemerkung:

Es ist schon lange her, wo eine deutsche Band von der Qualität wie Edguy den Durchbruch geschafft hat sowie uns die skandinavischen Bands jedes Jahr von Neuem mit geilen Bands in den Arsch treten. Woran mag das liegen? > siehe PISA Studie!

Daher bitte wir hier um rege Teilnahme. Vielen Dank im voraus.

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Okay, here we go:
There´s a pre-competition in every region ("Bundesland") of Germany with 6 bands.

Bands can apply before 31.01.05 - send your stuff to:

W:O:A Headquarter - ICS GmbH
Stichwort Metal Battle
Hauptstr. 47
24869 Dörpstedt

The WOA team, Armageddon Music and Metal Hammer will decide about those 6 bands for every Bundesland in advance. They will play at a Live Contest in every Bundesland. A jury will nominate the winner. At every Contest there´ll also be a special guest (no clue what this means) and a Metal Karaoke.

Semi final -> final:

The winners of every Bundesland will play in June at a small indoor festival in Wacken. The audience and a jury will nominate 3 winner bands, and THEY will play at WOA festival on the WET stage against the winnig bands of the international partners (Interesting!! But where is the info for those international bands?!!?!?!?)

Umm...... :rolleyes: :confused:

Does anybody know more???

billy-jay

3 Jan. 2005
www.bereaved.jp
Thank you, Lucretia. I looked all over the site and couldn't find much in English. If that's the case, I don't think we could do it. I mean, one trip to Germany might be workable, but several? No way.

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
yes, sounds like this pre-competition is rather only for German bands... probably you could try and ask the Wacken orga about those international partners, maybe you are lucky and there is something in Japan as well...

oh, and another question, as you are from Japan:
I´m running this website called Metal Travel Guide, www.metaltravelguide.com , which is a world-wide listing of Metal pubs, bars, venues and so on. But for Japan I´m having big difficulties to find out about the Metal locations because I don´t understand the language and stuff... so if you have some suggestions it would be VERY appreciated! ;)

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Last year there were two metal battles: one for german bands, another one for not-german bands. Sometime in the next weeks/months there should be some news in English as well :)

Iscariot

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
About the band from the Benelux, Engine of Pain, they just sended a demo and were called to play there. At least, that is what I understanded in an interview I read about them.

And at the festival itself the final bands played for that recorddeal, right?

billy-jay

3 Jan. 2005
www.bereaved.jp
Iscariot schrieb:
About the band from the Benelux, Engine of Pain, they just sended a demo and were called to play there. At least, that is what I understanded in an interview I read about them.

And at the festival itself the final bands played for that recorddeal, right?

Sent a demo to who?

billy-jay

3 Jan. 2005
www.bereaved.jp
Sodomy&Lust schrieb:
To the organizers. Look at the menu on the left in the main site. Somewhere there's a link which days "Band Applications". Maybe there's something there :)

Thanks, again, S&L. I figured those applications were for signed, professional bands, but I'll send something that way.