MENDEED@ Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

phoenix45000

20 Aug. 2006
I'm very happy to hear that, we don't need you :)
Wacken will be sold out like always so do what you want

Glad that you don't need me, as I certainly don't need people like you telling me that I have no place to voice an opinion, this band suck, as does at least half the bill, how in fuck do they go from the awesomeness of last year to the crapfest that is 2007?

the_reeper_

22 Jan. 2007
Well being from the same town as the band I have been listening to them for years, and they are infact insanely good.If the bass player fucked up it doesnt make the band bad...He was probably drunk and fucked something up as a one off.....ive seen the band around 20 times and not once did any of them fuck up.They do have a metalcore influence...but their sound is far too unique to simply catagorise them as metalcore, and if you do you clearly listened to one song and didnt give them a proper chance.You clearly dont know what youre talking about if you think they cant play well, and backing it up with the fact that the bass player made a mistake live is stupid.

Infact the band have come as far as they have due to the Intensity of their live shows and how tight the band sound on stage, and the constant touring building them a reputation as an excellent live band paid off.

But i guess a few guys on a website disliking mendeed doesnt matter to the scottish band as they have already got a loyal fan bass which is only getting bigger.

22 Jan. 2007
Uk
Although bickering and argueing over this band won't solve anything, it helps to get the anger out. Ive decided people get so annoyed about fake 5 minute jump on the "core" bandwagon er bands like this is, is that wacken is like the last bastion for true metal, untainted by fake poser bands (sounds like poetry i better go slit my wrists). Anywho i heard this band, yeah they can play no denying, i still dislike them because they arn't part of what wacken truely is a REAL metal festival only thing you can do is bottle them and make them feel unwelcome and i hope that happens. To be fair though if it happens again next year im going to the maryland deathfest.

the_reeper_

22 Jan. 2007
true metal??....that isnt even a real element of music its a term used to describe ones favourite style. ie/ i would say mendeed are a true metal band but you would disagree.

Spindelta

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Dez. 2006
I think any discussion concerning 'what is true metal' is only going to end in parody. Perhaps this is because the term 'true metal' implies any variance of metal music that does not fit within the boundaries is 'false'. Who wants to admit to listening to false metal?

Arguing for the sake of discontinuous genres is probably pointless, and not particularly enlightening - unless someone is looking for a rough comparison of sound between bands.

That said, I do not think the inclusion of every band that is loosely related to metal at Wacken is a good idea. For the record, I think that Mendeed is a questionable addition, since this is what I hear when I listen to them:

Metalcore style vocals, shouty bits with cliche melodic parts; a respectable amount of double kick, but undeserving of the death metal comparisons; Dragonforce based guitar melodies giving the pretense of power metal, except with basic riffing which is very simple and accessible - essentially a collection of elements which making this band very palatable for those beginning a transition into extreme metal, or with a taste for the more popular edge of metal.

After listening to some tunes off of their previous offering, it is clear that they were substantially more metalcore than their upcoming release, and are not outside the trend of popular metal, changing as tastes do. Therefore I find it unlikely that many fans of extreme music; black, death doom or whatever are going to be particularly impressed with Mendeed.

There are so many great modern bands at the moment, it beggars belief that Wacken is booking so many trendy metal bands instead.

Lee Spellcast

W:O:A Metalhead
15 Jan. 2002
Website besuchen
Mendeed, heh!!

Certainly not my cup of tea, but fair play to them. Would of thought they were better suited to playing a festival such as With full Force, but Century Media probably get a say in some of the bands that play.

I for one think the line-up is very good this year. I cant understand why people say it's so bad. What's missing??