MAD MAX will play at Wacken

Dieses Thema im Forum "English News" wurde erstellt von Wacken-News, 18. März 2010.

1. Wacken-News

Wacken-News Newsbot

The band MAD MAX, founded in 1982 will play at Wacken this year. The hard rocker will play a set of...

Weiterlesen...

2. Serial

Serial Newbie

Hello Wacken!

It's going to be my first year that I finally get the change to go! I don't doubt it will be great, but please don't turn it into a grandpa fest. Thanks for your consideration!

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 21. Dezember 2013
  3. toastie

toastie W:O:A Metalmaster

I want Venom at WOA 2010 just to play "Fuck off and die!" for you, sweetheart.

4. Conscious Pilot

Conscious Pilot W:O:A Metalhead

Hey Serial,

I have gone to 3 of the last four WOA's. I think you'll have plenty of bands to see and you'll find out about "younger bands" for you that you may have never heard of before. I'd LOVE to see all the bands you mentioned booked (Katatonia, in particular :)), but there are bands in this lineup you should enjoy if you like those groups. Amorphis, Ghost Brigade, Ihsahan, Maroon, Degradead, Evile, Orden Ogan, Astral Doors, and one of my favs, Gojira come to mind. This line up is INCREDIBLY strong and diverse, I think. There are more bands to see than time will allow. I'm afraid of seeing the running order and the conflicts that are sure to occur.

Serial, I guarantee you will have a great time and will enjoy all the Grandpa bands LOL as you put it :)

Candlemass, Slayer, Maiden, WASP, Overkill, Grave Digger all still bring it! Don't you worry! :)

5. Northern Death

Northern Death W:O:A Metalmaster

There's nothing more to be said.

6. Deathbringer

Deathbringer W:O:A Metalmaster

The guy does kinda have a point even if he said it wrong. Most of the bands kind of ARE mostly 80's bands. It's kinda diverse but really the lineup is mainly geared towards the 80's crowd. If I were going for the lineup rather than just going because I can I'd be kind of disappointed myself. Every one of the bands I want to see, including the 80's ones, I've seen already or could have seen in the past 6-8 months (or they're playing here in the next 6-8 months).

I'd personally like to see some black/pagan metal closer to Månegarm and Primordial myself. Maybe even Mael Mordha? (I know they aren't that dark.. but they're nice).

7. Karsten

Karsten W:O:A Metalgod

Maybe you bought a ticket for the wrong festival then?

8. xforeverxmetalx

xforeverxmetalx W:O:A Metalgod

Better 80s stuff than metalcore. So I'm not complaining.

9. Deathbringer

Well, I'm going to several others, like I said, if I cared for lineup or was traveling exclusively for Wacken, I'd be rather annoyed. Bands I like that don't tour so much, at least in the States, and more obscure bands would be nice.

10. BierBaron666

BierBaron666 W:O:A Metalhead

You want to go to Rock am Härtsfeldsee?
    I'd need about 10 minutes to get there.. But I surely won't.
    Seriously.. I've never seen so many stupid people at the same place.
    And it's full of nazis, because the next village is full of them and most of them go to RaH..
    I've been there once, in 2008.. And I'll never go there again.

11. Deathbringer

It's something I've been considering. I'm looking more towards something else, and now that you've mentioned that I'll probably stay clear of it. Thanks :)

12. Northern Death

Northern Death W:O:A Metalmaster

What do you mean by the term "obscure bands"? :confused:

13. Deathbringer

Well, it's actually kind of hard for me to describe. I'm not talking band who's only released a demo tape who only has 20 fans. But, I guess a couple examples of bands would be; Fjoergyn, Mael Mordha, and Månegarm. There will probably be a few confirmation along those lines I think. Actually, if they even confirmed two of those bands I'd be happier than a pig in shit. I don't know if that makes me easy to please or not...

I'm more rambling than complaining though. Like I said earlier, I don't care so much about lineup, though it would be nice. Last year most of the fun didn't come from the music anyways.

14. BierBaron666

BierBaron666 W:O:A Metalhead

No problem ;)

15. Serial

Serial Newbie

Wow... Im surprised to read so much agression on the wacken forum. At least im glad some intelligent people understood my point. The "grandpa" part was just a little joke...jeez im 33 myself and grew up with most of these bands (slayer is god!), I really respect them and feel honored I can see them live again (and again and again and again as in maidens case) . And offcourse theye still kick ass, play fast and loud! Its sad to see how eager the haters are to start trolling a subject when I was probably listening to venom before them. Anyway, guys... Chill! I love 80s metal, they are todays foundation, all I was saying is that it struck me to see so many of them in the 2010 lineup (and more beeing confirmed day by day) and on the other hand missing so many newer bands (no you dumbass hater im certainly not talking about numetal ffs). Call me what you want but looking back at 2006, 7, 8 and 2009 I see much more variety... Arch enemy, fear factory, gojira and even Equilibrium make it personally worth my 2000 mile trip and im sure I will enjoy wacken enormously. What I didn't excpect was such a bad reaction to a simple suggestion nor did I excpect such a lack of humor. Anyway thx for your replies and fuck the shortminded assfucks that didn't get my point :)

Diese Seite empfehlen