Lord Of The Rings

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Lvsitanno

W:O:A Metalhead
22 März 2002
Portugal
www.witchcraftproductions.web.pt
Various topics:

1- Of you all, who has read all the LOTR books?
2- What's your favourite character?And region/land?
3- What do you think of the first movie?
4- Has anyone played the games yet?

Answers:
1- I started to read the books when i was thirteen years old and sometimes still pick up one of the books. Recently, i got the full atlas of Middle Earth :D (on .pdf - who wants it?). That story took me to places i can only see in my wildest dreams, and i became passionaet with all the story and characters (uh uh blackmetal rules..haha!). Well, that's the least i can say.
2- I'd say that my fave region are the mines/Moria and my chosen character would be either Aragorn or the shadow riders....
3- Some people say that the movie is very untrue, but I disagree. Ok, it has that love story with Aragorn that does not appear on the first book... and some other minor bits. But in the whole, it couldn't have been better! 95% of the things i've seen are precisely as I imagine them while reading the pages... I believe that the second movie will be more appealing, though. Nevertheless, a masterpiece has been created!
4- The two games i've played seem to be in full harmony with the books, though i haven't played the latest one (seems to be a big big RPG).

Now it's your turn ;)

Smeagol

19 Dez. 2001
Website besuchen
"1- Of you all, who has read all the LOTR books?"

I have read the book at 12 years old, and I have read several times but not in the whole after.

"2- What's your favourite character?And region/land?"

Contrary to my nickname, that I have chosen quickly, I think it is aragorn.

"3- What do you think of the first movie?"

Well done. Pete Jackson have done a good job and managed to realize a great chalange.

"4- Has anyone played the games yet?"

RPgames, though I don't almost do RPG anymore, if they are french-speaking people interested I know a guy who has created a RPG which rules and beats all the games on the market. He has not got copyright though though he released other games.

Smeagol

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
1. Read it age 7, was the main reason that I started reading so much so early. My mother had read "The Hobbit" to me before and I wanted to have control over the speed of reading.

2. My favorite character is either Boromir or Snaga. I feel with those who can't resist temptation, that's what I always liked about Boromir. And the dialogues of Snaga and Grishnarck are simply hilarious. As a place to stay - I always liked Esgaroth. Elves and dwarves are near and it is a nice city.

3. I like it very much. The music could be better and Glorfindel could be in it - minor points only.

4. Computer games - no. RPG games, yes, when I was little. The rules suck.

Ainara

21 Okt. 2002
Website besuchen
O.k, lets go:
!.- YES, I read the books some years ago and I think it´s a great story, it´s amazing that he (Tolkien) have all that story in his mind.
2.- I can´t choose just one character or land, it depend of the part of the book!!! but I´m agree with Smeagol, Aragon is one of my favourite character and also Gollum.
3.- and about the film, I think is a great film, I can´t wait to see next part, I bought my tickets some weeks ago and next 20 December I will be sitting in the cinema again, waiting for "The two towers", I think (and hope) this part will be better ´cause there´s more "action"
4.- I don´t play to any LOTR game, are good games or a shit?

That´s all :D :p

Bramadeus

23 Dez. 2001
Hellgium
herfst.deathmetal.be
1.Read it age 18-19
2. Aragorn (Strider), Arwen (elves rock), Pippin, Gandalf, Eowyn
3. I'd love to live in (the citadel) Minas Tirith or the haunted Lorien woods...
4. The movie is awe inspiring! Petrer Jackson rules!!

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
1 - I've read The Hobbit, Silmarillion and Lord of the Rings and some of those books by Christopher Tolkien when I were 16 years old and in the middle of my fantasy reading frenzy. At that time I also read the whole Elric of Melnibone saga, the Corum saga, some books by Anne Rice, some Dune books and the Dune enciclopedia. I wish I had more spare time nowadays...

2 - From LOTR, its definitely Aragorn. I also have a lot of characters from Silmarillion that I like a lot, and the fact that Glorfindel appears in both LOTR and Silmarilion and killed a Balrog makes him my elven hero! :D :D

As for my favourite region, it was the place in Silmarillion where the Elves had their secret city.

3 - I liked the first movie quite a lot. The only thing that pissed me off was that they replaced Glorfindel by Arwen! ARGHH! That was a major blasphemy!

4 - I only played a very old RPG for S. Nes and its one of the worst games ever....

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Maraska

18 Okt. 2002
-ROMA-
Website besuchen
"1- Of you all, who has read all the LOTR books?"

I started reading Tolkien's books I think 1 year ago... it took just 11 days to finish Lotr - I was addicted to that boock :D :D
Then i read the Silmarillion wich is still one of my fav books and some Tolkien's tales about middle-earth.

"2- What's your favourite character?And region/land?"

Frodo... he symbolizes the human being, involved in a perennial quest :)
In Silmarillion, maybe Fingolfin... *listens to TIME STAND STILL by Blind Guardian :D* Fav place: Doriath forest and Gondolin, the hidden city

"3- What do you think of the first movie?"

A great one... the best they could make to enjoy the spectator and follow in the same time the book's storyline

"4- Has anyone played the games yet?"

Never played lotr games, but i do play rpgs

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Out of interest Lvsitanno, did you read them in English or Portugese?

The last time I tried to read anything by Tolkien was about 15 years ago - I found this style frustrating and I'd get lost all the time. He'd got off on so many tangents, I'd eventually lose the original point :D

I will have to try again sometime...

At the moment I'm reading the Chronicles of Narnia.

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
I've read all the books in english and didnt have a problem...

Btw, my nickname was taken from that little dictionary that comes in the end of Silmarillion. I combined some prefixes and sufixes and came up with Evenfiel.

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
I've only read the Hobbit But don't know much of it (was a couple of years ago)
I saw the movie very late on DVD for the first time and maybe therefore I had a little bit too much expectations of it. But it's a nice movie

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Originally posted by Lvsitanno
Various topics:

1- Of you all, who has read all the LOTR books?
2- What's your favourite character?And region/land?
3- What do you think of the first movie?
4- Has anyone played the games yet?

Now it's your turn ;)

1 - Read the Hobbit, the LOTR trilogy, The book of lost tales 1 and 2. Have bought Silmarillion, Unfinished tales and a collection of "Appendix A-F, Tom Bombadill, Tree and leaf" but not read these yet.

2 - Sam, he gives but expect nothing in return and always stay true.

3 - The first movie (Peter JAckson's version) is great, but the extended version on DVD is even better than the version that was on the big screen.

4 - I have seen some of the games in action, but not played them myself.

I can mention that I've also wathed the cartoons "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings", they are fun to watch, but not really well made.

I have also listened to the BBC radio dramatizations of both The Hobbit and the trilogy.