Lineup needs more prog!

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von Kevin Lomax, 28. Juni 2002.

1. Kevin Lomax

Kevin Lomax Newbie

Am I the only person who thinks this year's Wacken needs more progressive metal bands. Vanden Plas or Savatage are not enough. I think there are a lot of people who wants to see Pain of Salvation after their succesful LP Remedy Lane. POS would play at Dynamo this year but Dynamo is canceled so POS are not booked for any festival this year. I am still thinking about coming or not coming to Wacken to this year from Turkey. If they add POS I will definitely come. Also if you havent heard of Pain of Salvation you must try them. It doesnt matter if you are not a fan of prog metal or not. They can blow anybody!
    Also there are a lot of prog bands that can be added to the festival. Like Ark, Wolverine, Beyond Twilight... list can be more. I dont if it is too late or not. But I had to say it.
    To go back to the beginning: Am I the only person who thinks like this?

stay heavy and progress!

2. Bramadeus

Bramadeus Member

POS

POS fucking rules!
    Also check SPiral Architect, Cynic, Meshuggah and Spastic Ink

3. Thordis V.

Thordis V. W:O:A Metalgod

Why don't you ask in the Q&A section for those bands you want? Holger can give you all informations why they play/don't play.

4. Iscariot

Iscariot W:O:A Metalhead

for the info:
    There is a one dayDynamo festival this year (14 July) and Pain of Salvation will play there!

5. Lord Horb

Lord Horb W:O:A Metalhead

the one and only Prog Band is PSYCHOTIC WALTZ!

but argh... R.I.P.

*sniff*

does anybody know if Civil Defiance still exist??? they rule too!!!

6. Svartsinn

Svartsinn W:O:A Metalhead

Lord Horb:

Did you know that Buddy Lackey started a new band called "Dead Soul Tribe"? He works under the name Devon Graves now though. Really great album out on InsideOut.

AND YES...we need a bit more Prog...but I guess you forgot to mention Angra...it is kinda prog-ish you know. I would also say that Evergrey is kind of Prog-ish on their latest album. Anyway...a few more bands in this genre would be great...and POS is a great band so that would have been nice.

Svartsinn

7. Schlossvippach

Schlossvippach W:O:A Metalhead

@svar: yes, dead soul tribe are really good!!! and they´ll play at the dynamo this year, too!!! I´m really looking forward to this event...

8. Svartsinn

I'm a big fan of Psycothic Waltz so I instantly bought Dead Soul Tribe. Have you heard Dan Rock's project "Darkstar"? It is also dark progressive music...much instrumental, but still very interesting. http://members.aol.com/X1Darkstar/

Check the samples if you haven't heard it before...

9. Lord Horb

I have only heard like one complete song from the Dead Soul Tribe album. thought it was ok but I'll have to check out the complete album soner or later anyway! Buddy rules!!!

The Darkstar album is awesome! can't listen to it all the time but it's a really very good album still! I got the strictly limited picture vinyl edition :D just too bad I can't listen to that one in my car :(
    ;)

about most other prog "metal" bands... just fuck 'em! I can't stand shit like Symphony X for example! and Angra sucks, so does Evergrey... just not my taste at all!

don't know Pain of Salvation though... maybe I'll try to check them out soon...

10. Svartsinn

Well, Darkstar actually released two albums...so I'd check that homepage if I were you...

So you like a bit "rougher" Prog then...ever heard a Norwegian band called Conception? Perhaps you should try to locate some of their cd's or LP's. It the same vocalist as Kamelot...but the style is totally different. Also try Manitou from Norway...the vocalist from Spiral Architect. (May be a bit hard to find though)

11. Lord Horb

cool, thanks for the info :)

I don't know Conception and Manitou... but I really really don't like Kamelot (also not the vocals) and Spiral Architect.. but, like I said, I don't like most of what is considered prog...

12. Svartsinn

On conception the vocals aren't anything like Kamelot...I'd say maybe a bit like P.Waltz at times.

How can you not like prog? *slaps Lord Horb around* :)

13. Nanostorm

Nanostorm Member

more prog!!!

yes I think that the festival definitely should have more prog-related bands, thay are kind of turning away a part of their potential audience. Maybe they was a bit put of by the fact that both Spock's beard and Fates Warning (gooodzzz) were supposed to play in 98' and none of them played. I don't really know what occured , just guessin'. Either way i'd really like to see some more prog-metal bands on the stages at wacken - and Angra, Rhapsody and Laberynth are not prog - metal in my oppinion!

14. Nanostorm

Nanostorm Member

... and by the way, if Dynamo can get Pain of salvation to play, why can't Wacken???

15. Lord Horb

Re: more prog!!!

*slap slap slap* that was in '99 ;):D:D:D;)

Diese Seite empfehlen