Just How Much Are They Offering To Pay Bands...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

delicatedeath

23 März 2004
Edinburgh, Scotland
www.myspace.com
While speaking to Meshuggah about why they haven't played Wacken ever I found out that, despite Meshuggahs large fanbase and massive status in metal, they have only ever been offered 5000 euros to play. Think about how much money the promoters make every year and how much they will be offering bands like Iron Maiden to play... I am not comparing Meshuggah to Iron Maiden but just trying to get across this idea that this is the reason some of our favourite bands don't ever play.:(

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
While speaking to Meshuggah about why they haven't played Wacken ever I found out that, despite Meshuggahs large fanbase and massive status in metal, they have only ever been offered 5000 euros to play. Think about how much money the promoters make every year and how much they will be offering bands like Iron Maiden to play... I am not comparing Meshuggah to Iron Maiden but just trying to get across this idea that this is the reason some of our favourite bands don't ever play.:(

2x half.

Canuck

W:O:A Metalhead
4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
Only 5000 Euros? Those poor bastards...

^This.

And how much money exactly is Meshuggah used to getting per gig... 5000 Euros for one date doesn't seem like a number to sniff at to me. Unless you're Iron Maiden, most bands don't make a heck of a lot off touring, anyway. If Meshuggah can't get off their high horse enough to play at Wacken that's their problem, I'm not a fan anyways. Bands that make far less than Meshuggah and are less known than them don't have a problem with going, nor bands with equal exposure and resources...so what's the problem? It just makes the band themselves seem a bit greedy if that's the only reason they won't play at the festival (I'm not one to say that the festival itself hasn't gotten that way, but that doesn't exempt bands from it either).

Look at Moonsorrow, f.ex., they barely made anything off the Paganfest dates, which is a sin, imo, but they still played.

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
People moan about the price of the ticket and then moan they don't pay the bands enough. Which is it...?

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
5000 euros isn't enough? fuck that.

last time I saw them they were pretty shit though, only fucking played an hour despite headlining. lazy cunts.

LXE

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
Meshuggah sounds a bit greedy, to me.
I would think bands would want to play WOA for the exposure alone....and not be so concerned about their paycheck for the day, given the publicity they'll earn.
Their lable probably pays for their airfares anyway.

delicatedeath

23 März 2004
Edinburgh, Scotland
www.myspace.com
^This.

And how much money exactly is Meshuggah used to getting per gig... 5000 Euros for one date doesn't seem like a number to sniff at to me. Unless you're Iron Maiden, most bands don't make a heck of a lot off touring, anyway. If Meshuggah can't get off their high horse enough to play at Wacken that's their problem, I'm not a fan anyways. Bands that make far less than Meshuggah and are less known than them don't have a problem with going, nor bands with equal exposure and resources...so what's the problem? It just makes the band themselves seem a bit greedy if that's the only reason they won't play at the festival (I'm not one to say that the festival itself hasn't gotten that way, but that doesn't exempt bands from it either).

Look at Moonsorrow, f.ex., they barely made anything off the Paganfest dates, which is a sin, imo, but they still played.

Difference is Moonsorrow SUCK ;)