Is metal dying???

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

xpet

W:O:A Metalhead
25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
grmpf
*slaps Shizzo with a huge mutated Mezcal worm*
don´t understand why that should be a poser pic??? :D :confused: :D

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
OpS! :D Now that you say it...
You see, I know only TRUE stuff :D :D
wanna see a real pic of Holocaust anyway!

DeathTakes

13 Okt. 2002
Turkey/Ankara
Website besuchen
i don't like the way metal goes...
Don't know other contries but in turkey we can be counted by fingers...
And i nearly the only live wears all black and carying spikes, pentagrams etc... in the streets of ankara...
and i don't like the bands leave the idealogy and began to write only crap lyrics...
some old and good bands with special thanxes to bands like korn, slipknot...(Testament is in that group lost at the gathering special thanx...)
i cried when i saw lead of slayer(can't remember the name right now) playing with a foolish band if kids on mtv...
The Osbournes Falmily also made me cry...
The last albums of Katatonia, Sepultura, inflames,slayer,testament,cradle of filth...
i read an interview of Slipknot they say "we were grown up with bands like obituary, morbid angel, sepultura and death"
But what the fuck they are playing then...

Guys and Girls WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!!!

anyway maybe you are that metal is not dieing...
but it becomes commercial... we have to adept mtv not to be adepted to it!!!

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
Originally posted by DeathTakes

i read an interview of Slipknot they say "we were grown up with bands like obituary, morbid angel, sepultura and death"
But what the fuck they are playing then...

Their guitar player used to play in Anal Blast, which is quite a exreme band, but as you'll hardly live with teh money you get from playing in such a band, he decided to play something that could make him rich. He's more than 30 years old, has a family to take care of and just couldnt live any longer like he once did...

...and Slipknot sux, no doubt about it.

Now back to the topic, I wouldnt say that metal is dying, specially after going to Graspop and Wacken. There are still quite a big amount of Metalmaniacs who'll certainly keep the Metal flame burning for quite long time.

As for the scene here in Brazil, even though the dollar is fucking us up badly when it comes down to buying imported cds and getting international to play here, Metal is still very strong. Right now we have 3 major Metal magazines, 3 years ago we had 1, a lot of cds are being nationaly released, most international gigs are sold out. I've been to 4 international gigs, and they were all crowded. Bling Guardian played in our biggest venue and 8000 people were there. Saxon and kreator/Destruction played in a smaller venue, but they were crowded as well with more tahn 3000 people, even the Nuclear Assault gig, which was in a even smaller venue, was basicallt sold out with 1500 people!

To the older guys from the forum, what about your metalheads friends from the 80s, beginning of the 90s, do they still listen to Metal?

Kroppus: It was probably a unique experience to witness the Trondheim Metalic rise. Anyway, were you part of the black metal rise up there?