Is metal dying???

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

DeathTakes

13 Okt. 2002
Turkey/Ankara
Website besuchen
Last night a chit chated with some friend from Zoo Production family...
They all complaint about the lack of demand and said they can't sell any albums nomore...
it's a true fact in turkey as we only managed to gather 3000 metal heads to Rock Station festival while 7years ago Popers out Fest gathered about 12000 people...
And another sad thing is nealry all of the bands have lost their spirit and began to perform their music in comercial affairs...(by cooling down the lyrics and sound... Turning back to clean vocals)
Only creative bands left are the ones that are mtv friendly...
do you think is it same in the world???
is these last days of the "music of pain and suffering"???
is metal dying and we are the last generation listens to real metal???

Metal Pede

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Nov. 2001
Denmark
In Denmark, 'Metal-people' are a dying race for shure :-(

Most people today are listening to pop and mainstream rock, and if you do spot a guy in a Metal-shirt, nine out of ten times (if you see that many!) are wearing KORN, LIMP BIZKIT(?) and other new and modern hard bands.

I feel like one of a million walking the streets in my OVERKILL longsleeve or whatever I wear.

The future for real Metal lies in the hands of the generations to come, and when you consider that most kids of today are listening to bop-ti-bop-ti and soft-rock...well go figure it out for yourself...

Youth of today - Please, dissapoint me !!!

Supercharger

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
oke..imigene MTV is playing more traditional metal again..then you'll see shitloads of young kids who like the bands because they're "hot" or "cool" and not because of their music. The latter one should be the reason to like a band and not because of a image or their clip is showed a million times on MTV. Okey..the current scene may be small and so on but at least it's inherited by people who cares about bands because of their music and not because of their image. Believe me..in two years the whole new metal movement will be dead and gone..just like "hairmetal" during the early nineties :D

DeathTakes

13 Okt. 2002
Turkey/Ankara
Website besuchen
shitloads of young kids who like the bands because they're "hot" or "cool" are ok for me as long as i can sell albums for my future work.
And think if the half of the world listens metal there will be more concerts more bands can stand and i am in that shitloads of young kids who like the bands because they're "hot" or "cool" there are some good potetial metalheads...
they don't listen to metal cuz they don't know metal...
in turkey thats the fact...

DeathTakes

13 Okt. 2002
Turkey/Ankara
Website besuchen
one of my friends has started a power band in turkey they are realy liked by little girls in turkey cuz the guy is too handsome...
Boy bandish :p...
i don't mean this...
but we have to make them like the music...

Metal Pede

29 Nov. 2001
Denmark
To me Heavy Metal is about being HONEST and being FREE !!!

I hate wannabies !!! And i sure do hate people who dose't have an opinion about anything and just follow the trends...

I feel the same thing is happening big-time when it comes to music, and that's were 'real' Heavy Metal fans, in my humble opinion, are far more honest to themselves than most people.

Take me for example. I'm almost 33 years old and I still wear Metal-shirts at work, bars, restaurants and everywhere else. People think that I have never grown up and that I look stupid bla..bla...bla...

But I don't give a Fuckin' shit, 'cause Heavy Metal is all that matters to me in MY life. I do NOT change my lifestyle because other people think I should and I don't give a shit about their fuckin' trends either.

I know many of you guys feels the same way. You are true to yourselves...that's what really matters in my opinion. Many of those youngsters today listening to Limp Bizkit or Korn beacuse it's THE only trendy alternative to Britney Spears and all that lame shit.

It's not very trendy to say that you are a very big fan of for example GAMMA RAY...then people only responding with a big HUH ???

An finally, all the New Metal shit and all the million-selling hard bands comes from the US...the capital country of trends and other shit !!!

P.S. I will take my daily pills now...need a vacation...far away from fuckin' Denmark..............

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
The only reason kids are listening to nu-metal crap is because they think that that shit IS metal! MTV and radio are telling them, "This is metal." And they have no one to tell them otherwise. So what do you do about it? You FIGHT it! And how? By going to these kids and showing them what REAL metal is!

It's really just a matter of doing your part to recruit new metalheads. I make CD-R compilations all the time for people I meet, trying to get them into metal. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Last summer, me and my friend got his two 15 y/o Korn/Bizkit loving cousins to check out Testament, Motorhead, Sodom, Manowar, Running Wild, etc...and they loved it! I just ran into them at the Kreator/Destruction show last Sunday, and they'd brought along another friend of theirs from school, who was just getting into metal and had never been to a gig before. As you recruit metalheads - they'll recruit others in turn!

Point is - metal will never die. There will always be a demand for hard-hitting, heavy, powerful, aggressive music like this. It may sound extremely different in years to come, and it may not sound like what we think metal should sound like, but as long as it stays powerful and honest, it will always be metal.

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
anybody (besides the Germans :D) knows the great hymn "Metal will never die" by the German band "Die apokalyptischen Reiter"?

Metal will never die, we promise you
Metal is the law, the only for me and you
Be my brother; let us sing this fighting song
We fight for metal; metal is our holy alliance
Nobody can beat us
Together we are strong!
We are brothers of metal; we will have never gone!
Darkness all around us, I hear the wolves howl
But they'll never get us!
We still stand as one!
We are kings, without a kingdom.
We have the might, to conquest the world!
This song is forever; it will always guide you!
If you're alone, listen to this song of metal!
I'm always be there for you
Don't lose your courage
We fight to stayin' alive; I'm always with you!

OK, I admit, this posting is not very useful, but somehow it fits ;)

Metal Pede

29 Nov. 2001
Denmark
Hey xpet !!!

Thanks for cheering up, us pessemistic boneheads :) !!!

Maybee I'm gettin' to old, and have to complain all the time :)

But! It's not our generation that will kill real Metal but the up and coming generations...

Duh! Now I did it again.......

Cheers for Heavy fuckin' Metal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supercharger

26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
Metal will never die that easily..I mean..At this year's Wacken fest there were more 30.000 metalheads..that's fuckin' great..the other festivals are always sold out too. As long as that will happen, the future of real metal will be bright :D

At metal pede : my ex-girlfriend told me the same thing..grow up and wear normal cloths. She ridiculed my favourite music and the all things that come with it. That's on te reasons why I broke up with her :D