In Flames sellout

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Bramadeus

23 Dez. 2001
Hellgium
herfst.deathmetal.be
I have been an immense fan of this band since their very first releases (especially The Jester's Race and Whoracle were/are true masterpieces in my humble opinion).
Yet what the fuck happened with them ?
I mean just 2 days ago I have seen a live video of theirs in their trendy white overalls, their singer dreadlocked (Nu Metal anyone ?) and wearing this shirt wityh a huge slogan saying "Sellout" on it...
I mean ok I am also into humour n all yet this wasnt funny at all I think...
You can "blame" it on the well known scheme of "evolution" yet if we look at them in a strictly musical perspective they have lost all the brilliant atmosphere and moods of their previous releases.
Instead of the fantastic awe inspiring folk-influenced leads and riffing paired with an intense and lived way of bringing it to the audience now we have the 10000th generic band playing jumpy and entertaining ùmusic...
Their last album was well done and a good album indeed yet it lacks every sparkle of magic their older stuff had... They may have increased in fan base and groovy/catchy/trendiness yet they have lost quite a lot of feeling and emotion (isnt this what true art and music is all about) underway...
What do you guys think ?

Iscariot

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
I also liked their older stuff more then their recent but it's still ok I think. Bands change and if they feel like making more nu-metallish music let them. Pity for the people who don't like it anymore. If you want to hear the 'old'In flames, just listen the old cd's:)

Fallen_Knight

W:O:A Metalmaster
22 Mai 2002
Leider Schweden
What I have heard, the new material they are goingto write now, is harder than RTR-album

why complain about In Flames...just look at Slayer.. no good album in years :D

Bramadeus

23 Dez. 2001
Hellgium
herfst.deathmetal.be
I am not complaining that they lost their hardness... On the contrary, maybe they have become even more heavy... This is not what I was writing about, I'm just saying that they Devolved from a fantastic melodic death band to a generic "lets see if the 15 yr old fat american teenybopper kids into limp bizkit will jump on this" band

Fallen_Knight

22 Mai 2002
Leider Schweden
We can't change that the age is smaller and smaller.
I mean. when we heard all these music, we were young, now we are older and.. they maybe theage we were..

Bu I don't like the mixture... I mean.. listenign to teens saying:
"We like Eminem, In Flames, LinkinPark, Manson, Slayer and so on"

But nowadays, in general, teens liustening to what is cool and being IN

I like goth music (this time I don't refer to gothic metal which is also good)

It is in being goth, and when teesn say they like goth, they refer to Manon or gothic metal, not knowing that there is a thing called goth.

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
re: orginal post.

very true...thats one reason why i dont like or listen to them...

never thought of them as original and nothing special about them

my other mate likes placebo, mudvayne, in flames, and other shit like that