I need Wacken 2014 friends!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

whyvonrusty

18 Aug. 2013
Glasgow
Hello from a fellow scots wackener! Glad to see more scots attending this, the most epic of metal festivals. 2014 will be my third year and with the line up we cannot wait! Our group increases in size every year, 1st year 3 of us, second 5, now 7! God can Germany cope with 7 scots people in one place? We'll find out!

Awesome! More people to understand my colloquialisms :) Where are you from?

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Last time I went to Wacken I got on the train in Hamburg, and one of the dudes sharing our group ticket we got turned out to be from Edinburgh as well...also there was a few Scottish flags around the campsite.

Also bumped into a Glasgow dude who proceeded to tell me every Frankie Boyle joke he knew.

...what I'm saying is, it's surprisingly easy to meet Scots at Wacken. The question is, do you really want to? :p

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Last time I went to Wacken I got on the train in Hamburg, and one of the dudes sharing our group ticket we got turned out to be from Edinburgh as well...also there was a few Scottish flags around the campsite.

Also bumped into a Glasgow dude who proceeded to tell me every Frankie Boyle joke he knew.

...what I'm saying is, it's surprisingly easy to meet Scots at Wacken. The question is, do you really want to? :p

For me, some I do, some I don't. :p

Koldawne

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada

I didn't see any last time. Would have been preferable to all the Germans :p I at least could understand Scottish people!

whyvonrusty

18 Aug. 2013
Glasgow
I didn't see any last time. Would have been preferable to all the Germans :p I at least could understand Scottish people!

I'm surprised there's not more given the large metal scene here although I suppose we have quite a few good festivals. There's Scottish people and then there's Glaswegians (which I am) who have their own dialect ha ha. As long as I meet people who smile, can translate with hand gestures (no comments please ;) and drink beer, I'm good.

Koldawne

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
I'm surprised there's not more given the large metal scene here although I suppose we have quite a few good festivals. There's Scottish people and then there's Glaswegians (which I am) who have their own dialect ha ha. As long as I meet people who smile, can translate with hand gestures (no comments please ;) and drink beer, I'm good.

There were a lot of smiling people - I think you will be fine ;)