I don't speak or know how to read a single word of German.Help me out on this one...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
I survived for four years without speaking a word of German. Although as English is a Germanic language, you'd be surprised at how easy it is to pick up the odd bit.

VENO

12 Nov. 2008
Portugal
but funny thing is ... I went to Berlin 2 years ago and I thought "well it's going to be easy to communicate with the German fellas since I'm fluent in English and know the basic words of German" and I must say sometimes it was pretty hard to understand their accentuated accent ... I was just not used to it, was pretty funny :)

metal_martin

16 Nov. 2008
Peterborough, England
Remember,if the money is right,I'll be renting a car so we can drive to it.Hopefully the economy will get better & the dollar/Euro convertion is more even.

Last year I dorve from Bolougne to Wacken did Wacken and drove back. Me, my son and a few mates.

Most beer I have drunk for years. Stopped at some great camp sites on the trip. Lanzer See near Hamburg, Amsrterdam.

A good time was had.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I recommend an overnight stop at the Lanser See 30 miles or so Easto f Hamburg.

It's a really picturesqque lake. We swam, drank and enjoyed a great deal.

Helped mak the trip something special.

Depending on the driver, I'd prefer to go during night. No traffic jams, because the word you'll see the most during a drive through Germany is: "Baustelle". (men at work)

But I don't drive so...