How to swear in Norwegian. (some nasty language maybe)

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Alarikh

6 Mai 2002
Tallinn, Estonia
Website besuchen
I just came across this thread few minutes ago
- and i have to say a huge thanks to Kroppus!!!!

I've started to study Norwegian a couple of months ago; I'm on a beginner' level right now, having really hard time with Norwegian pronounciation (i've been to Norway at Inferno Fetival lately and it' waaaay to hard to understand what you say over there - but i don't give up). Another problem is the lack of somebody who might teach me eeee let's say "politically not correct" Norwegian. I certainly don't want to ask my teacher (who is a really nice young woman) how to say phrases like "jeg har lyst til å knulle" :), "svarte helvete", etc. So you seem to be of a great help to me :)))

As i, being a dilligent student will learn all your earlier lesson, i will surely ask for more :)

Hjertelig takk.

Kroppus

W:O:A Metalhead
2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
Alarikh : You was at Inferno?? Cool. Did you get to see Windir??
*was one of the 200 that didn't get in* Still Carpathian Forest and Behemoth was the best i think :)
http://www.windir.no (this time it's actually possible to find something on the pages too. :)
Thanks for the kind words. Just ask and i'll do my best. But i sometimes mix my owndialect into the norwegian here. To me it sounds so much nicer, and it will help you to recognise me. :)

For ei dame.. = What a woman

Klø mæ på ryggen = Would you scratch my back?

Ikke bit = Don't bite

Kæm spælle no? = Who's playing now?

Vil du værra me mæ heim? = Do you want to go come with me to my home?

That's enough on a mondy...

*trenger noen øl*

Kroppus

2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
Thordis, what book is that? I read the sentence in one go and i laughed so i had tears coming out of my eyes. Gratulations BTW.
Soon you'll be able to help me with the grammar i guess. :)

hva sier du, Håkon?(What are you saying Haakon?(It's a man's name)) - Når har det skjedd, du har blitt bestemor!(When did it happen, you've become a grandmother?) ... and so on...

So please go on and post a bit more from your lessons. Specially if they're like this. :)

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
It's from Langenscheid - it's the chapter that Haakon calls his svigermor and tell's her about the news. Next chapter is about that Fru Holm (svigermor) drives to the hospital and visits her daughter.

I don't study the grammar a lot. I used to learn Italian and English with little grammar, I'm also bad at German grammar, but I know all 3 languages very well and always had good marks at school, also at the end (matura).

Alarikh

6 Mai 2002
Tallinn, Estonia
Website besuchen
Kroppus:

Yea, overall Inferno was awesome for me. It was the first time i've been to Scandinavia (i travelled through Sweden), and the first time i've been to foreign metalfest. (Uuuuuh, what a horrible prices you have there in Norway)....I think Behemoth blew everyone away; having never head their CDs before the festival, but only reading all sorts of accusations of Behemoth being "posers..blablabla" i was astonished how fantastic they were onstage! And to be honest, about 80% of other bands were also very good. (Aeternus!!! Carpathian Forest!!!Lost in Time!!! 1349!!!)As for Windir - i don't have any special memories about them :-(

Now i seriously think going to Wacken.....

Kroppus

2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
Alarikh : Yepps.. most of the bands really rocked. And this is the only real metalfest in norway. Dimmu Borgir is the only posers that was there if you ask for my opinion. They're doing a so calld Norwegian tour this month and Trondheim where i live is the 4.th largest city here with only ca. 150 000 people living in it. The idiots demanded 80 000.- nkr (10 000,. Euro) to play here. The last time Immortal played they wanted 8000 nkr (1000 euro) and planetickets back and forth. And YES Norway is the most expensive country in the world. I think we've beaten Japan on that list now. Guess why i'm moving to Denmark???

To day we're going to take some typical norwegian words. :)

Camping = Camping
Snack Bar = Snack Bar
Fast food = Fast food
Junk Food = Junk Food
Supermarked = Supermarket
Donald Duck = Donald Duck
Bad = Bath
Dårlig = Bad
Stinker = Stinks\really bad
Suger = Sucks\Reallt really bad
Vodka = Vodka

As you can see from some of these words. The vikings made an everlasting impression on most of the people they met. Why else would they take up norwegian words lke this into their language?

Ok.. :) I got a bit of a hangover today..
So it's just this :))

Later

Alarikh

6 Mai 2002
Tallinn, Estonia
Website besuchen
Kroppus:
Yes, Dimmus were nothing interesting for me also - i've got the impression that they were bored to death with their own songs. Like some old-fat-rocksuperstars.And in fact I left Inferno few minutes after their set started - and i don't regret... those who played right before them that day were much better anyway.

And now concerning Norwegian; how to say:
"Using few words from few languages doesn't help you look clever. You'd better try to learn ONE language normally instead"

til next post

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Well, you speak English, Italian, German, a bit of Norwegian, Spanish... And I think I've read something in Icelandish (or however it's called the language from Iceland) from you. Clever? Probably yes. Silly? Definitely not!!. I consider that learning languages is quite a difficult task (and you know a lot of them, you study Jurisprudence and post here in this forum 40 times a day.. where do you get so many time? Do days have 30 hours in Austria? :) )

Thordis V.

25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
@ Sodomy: I was self-cynical ;)

Yes, I'm very good at languages. That's true. I speak English and Italian quite good, I learn Norwegian at home. I picked up some Spanish, icelandic and portugues phrases.

Jurisprudence means not much to do this term for me... I have Tuesday and Friday usually off.

But I've failed my maths final exam three times. ;) And I was really worse at maths....

Posts: It's true, I used to post a lot, but now it's getting less all in all. Recently I've posted more, even true - I was ill at home, then I there had been some interesting threads ;) and because of the planed football match.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Alarikh

6 Mai 2002
Tallinn, Estonia
Website besuchen
Thordis:

So, you study law??? Horrible. In fact i study it also. And i speak Russian fluently (this is my mother tongue), English very good, Estonian more-or-less, and now these attempts to learn Norwegian. Plus music, plus free time....yea, 30 hours a day would be nice :-(

And a question for those who've been to Wacken before: is ther any deadline to buy tickets? I mean if i don't buy them soon, but instead wait till the last moment are there any chances that they would be sold-out somehow?

Kroppus

2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
*Smiles at Thordis* Hehehehehehehe No more hiding now.. You are clever. Just admit it. Or i'll have to give you a LOOONG hug. Without shaving first :))

"Using few words from few languages doesn't help you look clever. You'd better try to learn ONE language normally instead"
is freely translated into norwegian:
Å bruke mange ord fra forskjellige språk gjør deg ikke klok, da er det bedre å lære ett språk først"

I'll try to find my Haavamaal book and i'll translate that one.
It's a good book about how norwegians are. It's mainly a bunch of verses that Odin gave to the humans in Midtgaard so that they should have some rules to live by. *grins* Jehova needed 10 commandmets and broke most of them. We got Haavamaal.
If i can find the book again :))

Thansk for adding to the thread.
And any questions is welcome. doG dammit. I'm in love so my mind can't focus really well on this. *grins* Hehehehe
Give a wild guess who i'm thinking about? And NO there's no price for the right answer. :))

Thordis V.

25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
@ ThorS: It's called 'Langenscheids praktischer Sprachlehrgang' , available for many languages. Contains: 2 CD's, 1 work book and 1 book with solutions. Very costly ca. € 50. And you must be good in studying languages I think, it's not easy to teach himself a language. Norwegian is a bit easier, because many words are similar to German and English, the grammar is easier than German grammar for instance. Before I started to teach the language myself I used to read news on yahoo.no

@ Alarikh: Yes, I study jurisprudence. I think it's far more than law itself... this year I have English for jurisprudence and an Italian course. Next year I'll start with French and/or Russian. My b/f will help me with french and a russian friend with Russian.

Holger said that tickets will me sold out in June... but I'm not sure if this is true now, maybe ask him in the Q & A.

@ Kroppus: I read the Edda... so Havamál is nothing new to me... :) once I read havamál in old icelandic... terrible!!!