How many bands did you see in Wacken 2002?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

grazo

W:O:A Metalhead
3 März 2002
USA
Website besuchen
I just returned from long vacations with this question because I saw much less bands that what I expected to watch.
When I made my plan I expected to watch at least 30 bands, and at the end I watched around 15 bands only. It was imposible for me to watch more bands because there where more things to do. Going to Wacken for beer supply, making line to take out money from the bank, going to the metal market, having fun with other people by the camping site, making line for restrooms, waiting to get my beer by the festival area stands took all my time.
I'm not complaining because I had great super time in Wacken, but I'm wonder if that happened to you also.

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
hi Grazo, welcome back! Guess I saw you at the Kalmah gig, have you been there?
well, you never manage to see ALL bands you want to see... but this was my 6th Wacken, so I´m kinda experienced ;) It took some years to work out a strategy to see as many bands as possible, but this time I´ve missed only 2 bands I wanted to see. At my 1st Wacken I was soo fucking drunk and missed a lot of bands or can´t remember the gigs. You always worry afterwards, so now I just don´t get drunk during the day and don´t hang around such a lot at the campside, take an alarm clock with me :D and it works perfectly :) Have seen around 25 bands I guess :)

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
I saw great amounts of bands!! But I also saw many half-gigs (Dornenreich, Immortal, Pungent Stench, Kotipelto, UDO....). I saw much more bands than I expected, although I missed Candlemass, Criminal, Eisregen, Hollenthon or Primordial, but I ended up fucking exhausted!

I also missed Doro, which was one of my must see, but I don't regret it (had a nice time in the camping site with the forumlers)

I'll be back in 2003, that's for sure!! :)

P.S. Nice to see you again, Grazo!! :)

@shizzo: I'm sorry to hear that! When I saw you in the forumband's gig you looked quite well....

Originally posted by Sodomy&Lust

@shizzo: I'm sorry to hear that! When I saw you in the forumband's gig you looked quite well....

At the Forumband I had just a bit of stoachproblems, but when I returned to our camp just for a short visit I suddenly was total ready and as tols vomiting blood and this kind of shit - I don´t axactly know where this came from, but I survifed this and next year there is another chance.
But thanx for your words

I promiss myself....NEXT YEAR NO BLOODVOMITING...

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
Originally posted by ShizzoKrause
At the Forumband I had just a bit of stoachproblems, but when I returned to our camp just for a short visit I suddenly was total ready and as tols vomiting blood and this kind of shit -

I promiss myself....NEXT YEAR NO BLOODVOMITING...

Wow! Thats extreme! I have never seen such a thing...

Was it just a little bit red?

grazo

3 März 2002
USA
Website besuchen
Originally posted by xpet
hi Grazo, welcome back! Guess I saw you at the Kalmah gig, have you been there?

Yes. I was there it was one of my must see bands, and even that my friend wanted to stay in the camping site drinking with some Swedish guys I better went to see Kalmah gig because I don't know if I'll see them someday in America.

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
yeah, Kalmah were cool. Shame on me that I didn´t say Hi to you! :(
*slaps herself for being so shy* :D ;)