Hotel vs Camping

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
Since I will be travelling with my wife, that is accustomed to a certain degree of comfort, does any recommend staying at a nearby hotel vs. camping on the festival grounds? Why or why not?

Are there any shower facilities at the fest ground? Thanks and see you at the fest.

By the way, we're coming from the US too, Washington DC area (northern Virginia).

L8r

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
oh, the old topic... we had this already several times :D
Try using the search function about it - but I can tell you the result anyway: 95 % of the people highly recommend staying at the campsite :D ;)
And yes, there are showers at the festival area, but they are not as comfty as a hotel shower of course...

CHtheMetalfreak

W:O:A Metalhead
28 Nov. 2001
Bregenz/ jetzt Schweiz
www.UMW-ZINE.com
@ The Festival Camping is better, because.......

1. There are more Party!
2. Shower Camps are there!
3 you must so long walk to the Hotel(i think 30 minutes min.)
4. You can go back to the Camp and drink a Beer!
5 You meet more interresting People, than in the samll hotel!
6. You sleep not to long, because there play the music @ 10 o clock in the Morning:D!
7. When you are in the Forum Camp, you meet Metalheadz from all over the World Easier!
8. Your Wife can also talk with many Girls/Womens
9. Its Cheapier to camp than the Hotel!
10. when you walk 20 min. you are in a good and cheap Restaurant(the expensivst meal cost 13 Euro!)
11. When you in the camp you are 2 min. at the festival!!!! Its nor so hard because when you walk @ 3 o clock in the moirning(there finished always the last band), its hard to walk a half hour!
12. the shower camps cost 1 or 2 euros and its fine, theres women showers and Men showers:)!
@ the Camp ground there also supermarkets to buy eat and Drink! Its not expensiver then in the offical supermarket!!!
13. When you go to the campground you must pay nothing when you come without your car:D!

I hope you find this arguments good and come to the Camp also we can drink some Beer:D:D

Greetings to Washington from Bregenz(lake of constance, Austria)

calonderiel

8 Jan. 2003
Near Paris, France
Website besuchen
First thing: good luck trying to find an hotel room anywhere within driving distance of WOA.

Yes there are shower at the fest.

And then, you should come to the camping... This is the best place to be... fun, loads of it... close to the stages and all that...

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Digimortal
Hey,

sorry for asking about this topic again. I will serach for older postings...

Still, thanks for all the reasons to stay at the camp. I am convinced that we will stay there. I gotta look for a tent now..

Cheers

no problem, you are new here, you can´t know that nearly every day somebody comes and asks about it ;)
But fine that you are convinced about camping now :) You won´t regret it I think!

CHtheMetalfreak

28 Nov. 2001
Bregenz/ jetzt Schweiz
www.UMW-ZINE.com
Yeah its a big Famillie @ Wacken and no problems and no nazis+MUARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*!!

And when som Nazis there go fast @ home they nowed we dont want them in the Metal Scene!!!:D

no Problems with anybody only fun a lot of people dreming the Metal Dream from a MEtal Village:)!!!!!

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Digimortal
Since I will be travelling with my wife, that is accustomed to a certain degree of comfort, does any recommend staying at a nearby hotel vs. camping on the festival grounds? Why or why not?

Are there any shower facilities at the fest ground? Thanks and see you at the fest.

By the way, we're coming from the US too, Washington DC area (northern Virginia).

L8r

I'm coming from Baltimore,dude.I'll be at Jaxx in VA next Fri. for Nuclear Assualt.You going to be there?

Carpathian_Wolf

21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
Well Ill be camping this year like i did last year

Good Reasons for camping tho are..

The Bar doesnt shut early :D
You can go quite crazy witout hotel staff freaking out :D
Theres plenty of cool people to meet :D
And Its a great atmosphere :D

:D:D:D

Thrash

10 Feb. 2003
Nowhere
Website besuchen
There's no other way to experience Wacken than camping. Will you ever find some Swedish drunken metalhead on a ripped out car-seat when you get out of bed in a hotel? Will some guys discuss the nature of coffee-banana next door all night long ? Will you meet quite a lot of cool guys and girls by sleeping in a hotel room ? Will you ever have to depend on a guy called "Grimbeard" to watch over your luggage for a moment in a hotel ? No way.