Hamburg afterparty & youth hostel!

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von Dorian Gray, 29. Juli 2006.

1. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Newbie

Hi there

I am looking for recommended ho(s)tels for the night on sunday on monday in hamburg. There are some different possibilities, so I wondered if you guys have any recommendations? I should get booking quickly so hope some people will help me out.

I'm going to spend sunday & night in Hamburg to hang out, check out some cool metal/goth clubs (?), the Reeperbahn and basically party the post Wacken depression away ;-)

Criteria: max 40 euro/person. Preferably 2 person room
    Close to the city/where the cool hangouts are at (read: preferred walking/crawling distance) and clean.

Thanks a lot!

See you in Wackennnnnn

Ps: some names Ive come up with that seem okay: Instant Sleep, Wikinger Hof (58 euro for two), A and O city hotel Hamburg (32/pp), Hotel Mercedes, Motel Hamburg,...

2. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Newbie

WIRA guesthouse seems cool as well...

3. Sodomy&Lust

Sodomy&Lust W:O:A Metalmaster

Just party the whole night and then take a little nap at the airport. It's much cheaper ;)

4. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Newbie

Nah, that'd be the death of me... And I prefer a good shower and a real bed after 3 days of armageddon hehehe

Somebody recommended me the Stern hostel, but it is just 1 star: lowest rating. It's at the reeperbahn, but isn't this a very dirty crammed rathole?

SHould I consider more stars?

ABout going out: what are the hot places? I'd like to get to see some crazy sexshops and hookers too hehehe. Liebve an der Autobahn baby ;-)

(I have a fascination with seeing red light districts in big towns somehow, don't ask me why)

ANy cool metal or goth clubs/stores that I should pay a visit?

5. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

Going out and clubs can be found on www.metaltravelguide.com.

And if I'm not mistaken, there is a youth hostel near the Reeperbahn, it's not ON the Reeperbahn itself, but very near by, and very good. (stayed there about a few years ago). U-Bahnhof (=station) Landungsbrücken. Don't know which U-Bahn, reckon it was U1
    For info about youth hostels, go to the website of your local Youth Hostel Organization.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 29. Juli 2006
  6. LEX

LEX W:O:A Metalhead

Check out the Stern hotel. it's right on the Reeperbahn and cheap. Not bad (especially compared to others in the same area for the price.

I've stayed at InstantSleep Hostel. It's walking distance to the reeperbahn and friendly. Alittle noisy, and no airconditioning but affordable and close to the Altona station.

7. Zombi

Zombi W:O:A Metalmaster

I like milkshakes.

Diese Seite empfehlen