Graspop Metal Meeting....anyone????

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

L_H

14 Jan. 2005
Dorsten, NRW, Ruhrgebiet
The festival itself was good, except that they charged the same for a simple water as for a beer which was outrageous in this heat. I spent some 60+ € on drink tickets and most of it was not for beer, just for plain water (0,3 for 1,33€).

Still, lots of great bands and most of them did not disappoint at all. Except for Slayer, they really, really sucked. Maiden, Kreator, Dio, Accept, Megadeth, Anthrax, Dream Theater and Kamelot ( in that order) were particularly good, on the other hand. Amon Amarth, Grave Digger, Primal Fear, Nuclear Assault, Dragonforce and Dark Tranquility were all good as well. Malmsteen should seriously reconsider his boring 6-minute-guitar-wankery-solos though :rolleyes:

The organization of the campsite, on the other hand, was a joke. Waiting for two hours in the bright sun just to get onto the campsite ( and others waited for 3+ hours from what I've read on the GMM forum) because they somehow though two entrances less than the year before were a good idea when the campsite had been made larger than before, the toilets were only in one place on the whole 30000 people campsite and way too few , the festival was too far from the campground, same with all except one of the parking lots ( the metal gods bless wacken where you can take your car to the campsite). Only good thing was the decent free drinkwater in the baadhuis, but of course we couldn't take that to the festivalgrounds. Not what I expect for 105€ :mad:

Compliments on some of the people there, ran into quite a few very nice and helpful guys who'd not hesitate to offer me their help to set up the tent, or who'd have a nice chat with me while I was waiting for my mobile phone's battery to charge.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
L_H schrieb:
The festival itself was good, except that they charged the same for a simple water as for a beer which was outrageous in this heat. I spent some 60+ € on drink tickets and most of it was not for beer, just for plain water (0,3 for 1,33€).

The organization of the campsite, on the other hand, was a joke. Waiting for two hours in the bright sun just to get onto the campsite ( and others waited for 3+ hours from what I've read on the GMM forum) because they somehow though two entrances less than the year before were a good idea when the campsite had been made larger than before, the toilets were only in one place on the whole 30000 people campsite and way too few , the festival was too far from the campground, same with all except one of the parking lots ( the metal gods bless wacken where you can take your car to the campsite). Only good thing was the decent free drinkwater in the badhuis, but of course we couldn't take that to the festivalgrounds. Not what I expect for 105€ :mad:

Compliments on some of the people there, ran into quite a few very nice and helpful guys who'd not hesitate to offer me their help to set up the tent, or who'd have a nice chat with me while I was waiting for my mobile phone's battery to charge.
Same shit as last year. They haven't even bothered to look at the GMM forum, to see how they could improve the campsite facilities.

My guess, It'll be worse next year, as the festival continues tu grow and get bigger every year. (and more expensive)

If you compare GMM with W:O:A, I must admit that W:O:A is much better organized, even though there are things that can be better at Wacken. But overall: Wacken is more festival for less money.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: