Going to Wacken Alone (as a Woman)

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
That's also good when the airline loses you backpack right? :D
Fortunately in your case they delivered it a few hours after you arrived.

(for the people wondering, cybers airline lost his back and he almost had to sleep in my tent, but a few hours after we talked about this the airline delivered his backpack at the wacken office.)

That's pretty rad of them!

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
and yeah, just a camping chair, and that was because I was too drunk to put it in my tent in the night :p

My first Wacken I was too drunk every night, and I think it was the Friday night I forgot about my camping chair that I left at someone else's campsite (they were feeding me alcohol and sent me to bed later). I don't think anyone actually WANTED to steal that thing though :ugly: The guy that sent me to bed even lent me his leather jacket overnight since I was so cold.

Oh and to the OP: I didn't travel alone that year (I came with/camped with a good 8 other people that I already knew), yet somehow managed to spend a great deal of time with complete strangers and not so much with my friends and new Aussie acquaintances (apart from the first night and most mornings).

tl;dr - the likelihood that you'll have a good time and be looked after is high ;)

Koldawne

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
ah, but I wanna shoot somebody :(

8 times is nothing, ask Quark :D
but yeah I feel a bit like a pro haha.

if you go to the festival ABC on the website you'll find "lockertrucks":
We are providing safe deposit boxes at this year’s Wacken Open Air for all your valuables.
The location of the Lockertruck will be near the wristband exchange at the Wacken Plaza. (POS 27 - Holy Wacken Land Plan)
You can rent your save deposit boxes on-site.
There are 840 boxes in total: 180XL and 660M-sized boxes.

Size details of the safe deposit boxes:
Big Box(XL): width: 35cm; height: 31cm; depth: 35cm
Small Box(M): width: 17cm; height: 18cm; depth: 18cm

Prices:
1 Big Box(XL): 5€/Day
1 Small Box(M): 3€/Day

Opening Hours of the Lockertruck:
Wednesday, 01.8.2012: 12h (noon) - 3h
Thursday, 02.8.2012: 12h (noon) - 3h
Friday, 03.08.2012: 12h (noon) - 3h
Saturday, 04.08.2012: 12h (noon) - 3h
Sunday, 05.08.2012: until 12h (noon)
During opening hours there are two employees of the company “Carderobe” at the truck, available for your questions and support.

and yeah, just a camping chair, and that was because I was to drunk to put it in my tent in the night :p

Hey guys.. I see this website http://www.carderobe.com/TOURPLAN-AND-BOOKING looks like you can reserve lockers? But there isn't much there. Do they send you an email or something? I wouldn't mind having a locker for my stuff given that we are coming from Canada and there are some things that I will have like passports and things that I wouldn't want anyone to steal. Has anyone booked from this site or should I wait until we arrive?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hey guys.. I see this website http://www.carderobe.com/TOURPLAN-AND-BOOKING looks like you can reserve lockers? But there isn't much there. Do they send you an email or something? I wouldn't mind having a locker for my stuff given that we are coming from Canada and there are some things that I will have like passports and things that I wouldn't want anyone to steal. Has anyone booked from this site or should I wait until we arrive?

No, not me, but you can always send them a mail first, to get some answers.

Edit Piaf zegt: I did research, this is what it says: (in German, tranlation will be written under the original text)
CarDeRobe schrieb:
HOW IT WORKSUnser Motto lautet: "Befreit und sicher feiern!"

CarDeRobe Services bietet euch an frühzeitig euer persönliches Schließfach zu sichern!

FRÜHZEITIG BUCHEN UND SPAREN.

Wir bauen generell allen unseren Frühbuchern einen Online-Rabatt ein!
Somit erhaltet Ihr bis zu 1 Tag GRATIS!

Wählt einfach eure Veranstaltung aus, bestimmt die Anzahl und die Größe eures Schließfach und wenige Sekunden später erhaltet Ihr euer persönliches Schließfach-Ticket per Mail oder Post! Easy.

DIE VORTEILE DES ONLINE BOOKING IM ÜBERBLICK:

1. Sichere Reservierung eures Schließfaches vorab.
(Achtung: die Anzahl der Schließfächer ist begrenzt).

2. Vor Ort erhaltet Ihr euren persönlichen Schließfach-Schlüssel, mit dem Ihr jederzeit - innerhalb der Öffnungszeiten - euer Schließfach nutzen könnt!

3. Unsere Schließfächer sind versichert! (Siehe AGB)

HABT IHR NOCH FRAGEN?

Wendet euch gerne an uns unter: booking[AT]carderobe.com

BITTE BEACHTEN:

Für jeden Schließfachschlüssel muss ein Schlüsselpfand von 10 Euro hinterlegt werden! Eine kleine Rücklage für eure Heimfahrt.

Also am besten JETZT HIER BUCHEN und euer Schliessfach frühzeitig reservieren!

How it works

Our motto is "Party free and secure"!

CarDeRobe offers you a service where you can book your personal locker in advance!

BOOK EARLY AND SAVE MONEY

We give an online discount for all of our early bookers
You'll get a day for FREE!

Just choose your festival, the number and size of your lockers and a few seconds later, youl'll get a mail with your personal locker key informaton.

ADVANTAGES:
1. Secure reservation of your lockers in advance.
(Attention: the number of lockers is limited).

2. You'll get your locker key over there, where you can access your personal locker at any time, within opening hours!

3. Our lockers are insured! (See General Terms of Delivery)

BE AWARE:

For every locker key, a bond of 10 euros (€) must be paid! Some pocket money for the return.

So, best BOOK NOW and reserve your locker early!

Voilà.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
if you go to the festival ABC on the website you'll find "lockertrucks":
<old irrelevant text>

of course they change the text right after I post it here :ugly:

Also this year we are providing safe deposit boxes at Wacken Open Air for all your valuables. But this year there "Carderobe" will be at the festival area with even two trucks!

The location of the locker trucks will be, as known from the past, near the wristband exchange and Bullhead City Circus (at the Wacken Plaza).

In addition the service was improved once more:
Besides the higher capacity you can also do pre-reservations via the Carderobe homepage.
Compared to the last year the service will be available until Sunday 12.00 o´clock noon and you are also able to do the reservation for the whole duration of the festival

Book your personal locker online at CarDeRobe Service

Opening Hours:
31.07.13 from 12.00 pm (noon) to 03.00 am
01.08.13 from 12.00 pm (noon) to 03.00 am
02.08.13 from 12.00 pm (noon) to 03.00 am
03.08.13 from 12.00 pm (noon) to 03.00 am
04.08.13 from 03.00 am to 12.00 pm (noon)

- Own key and access during the Opening Hours
- The lockers are insured and protect your valuables

Online-Booking under the following LINK - save your personal locker now!
www.carderobe.com

During opening hours there are employees of the company “Carderobe” at the truck, available for your questions and support