Going alone

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von tDa, 05. Mai 2013.

1. tDa

tDa Member

Hello,

I'm going to Wacken alone this year. I was there before (2010), but with friends - some of those same friends were going to go this year too, but they canceled. I already have my festival and plane tickets in hand, so I'm going no matter what. Having previously experienced how much less fun it is to go to a festival alone, I'm hoping to avoid repeating the experience. Although I could just strike up a conversation with a random set of campers at the campgrounds there, I'd much rather have this kind of awkwardness out of the way immediately.

Basically, does anyone feel like having me camping near them, hanging out with them, etc?

I'm a mid-20s male living in Scandinavia (and as you can probably tell, one who doesn't like publishing too much private information in a public setting, though I would gladly share a lot more in private), mostly into extreme metal (with some notable exceptions), not very keen on power metal, and will come bearing a tray of beer. :)

I'll be arriving on the 30th of July around midday.

Feel free to ask any questions you feel like!

2. agresionpower

agresionpower W:O:A Metalgod

As we always say in the other gazillion threads with the exact same question.
    Just keep socializing on the forum, specially a thread like this one: http://forum.wacken.com/showthread.php?t=203532 and you'll be fine.

3. tDa

tDa Member

Ah, thank you! :)

Excuse the slow reply, please - I'm too busy to even think of forums on a regular basis, these days.

4. Tri-6

Tri-6 W:O:A Metalhead

I'm going pretty much alone...well a buddy who isn't a metal head is going with me but he's just a drunk looking to go to Germany...and get drunk.

Should be fun but I need to meet metalheads to hangout with and talk metal. Hope that isn't a problem with only 75k people... :D

5. Alix

Alix W:O:A Metalmaster

Haha that won't be too difficult :D

6. tDa

tDa Member

Tri-6: Wanna meet up? :)
    Note, while I do enjoy drinking, I hate being drunk - so don't expect me to down 10 beers in an hour. :p

P.S., be careful with, or keep away from the metbier (mead mixed with beer), the stuff is vomit-inducingly sweet. I haven't tried the meth (yes, I know what you think, but it's just German for mead), given that mead mixed with beer was sweet enough. I could stomach half a mug of the metbier before being sick and throwing the rest away.

Alix: Haha, ain't that the truth? :D

7. Tri-6

I'm up for meeting and drinking with all my fellow metalheads! I plan on getting hammered but on a slow buildup through the day so I don't miss shows. We have the Ready to Rock people doing our tent so I have no idea where we are camping at. I plan on sticking to a lot of pils and other styles, I'm sure at the fest I'll be chugging a lot of Beck's and other standard biers but I hope to try as much German bier as possible.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 10. Mai 2013
  8. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

It's called MET in German, not meth. *just saying* ;)

9. Tri-6

Hopefully nobody looks at me funny when I'm asking strangers for meth.

10. tDa

tDa Member

Quark: My bad... though you can understand my confusion, given signs like these (I took this photo; yeah - I found it a bit amusing at the time. :p ).

[​IMG]

11. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

I see. :o

Now I know why you wrote meth. It said on the sign!

Dunno if that's old German, or just an error though.

12. tDa

tDa Member

Or maybe they just wanted to be funny :D

Tri-6: Well, we'll find out, I guess - hope it's not an area reserved solely for their customers, as I'm bringing my own tent.

13. Alix

Oh gosh! :D My first Wacken the only alcohol I actually bought for myself was a Beck's from the festival supermarket for about 2 euros, and I was completely fitshaced for the majority of the time. Most of the alcohol was given to me by complete strangers.

14. Alix

damn connection :o

15. Colamann3798

Colamann3798 W:O:A Metalmaster

At least it's supposed to be; lots of words used to be written with th in ye olden times and are now simply written with a t. Don't know if Met is one of them, though. :)

Diese Seite empfehlen