Give away all your money?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I wonder what would happen if I actually answered this?

I bet the next email would be something like "Congratulations! Now if you would only give us your account number..."

This was the email I received:

OCEAN BLU AWARD HEADQUATERS:
Palais Des Nations,
209 Geneva 10,
Switzerland.

File Reference Number: ACL/51976512/4

We happily announce to you the draw of the OCCEAN BLU AWARD programs held on the 1st of June 2006 in Dakar Senegal. Ticket where NOT sold Your e-mail address attached to ticket number: 4126503176457 which subsequently won you the lottery in the 3rd category.You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of 1,000,000 EURO(ONE MILLION EURO) in cash. This is from a total cash prize of 3 MILLION EURO,shared amongst the first Five
(Five) lucky winners in this category. Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in Europe as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your 1,000,000 EURO(ONE MILLION EURO) would be released to you by our security firm in London,England in Europe.

Our European Interactive Customer Care Team will immediately commence the process to facilitate
the release of your funds as soon as you contact Them. All participants were selected randomly from World Wide Web sitethrough computer draw system and extracted from over 10,000 individuals and companies. This
promotion takes place annually. For security reasons,you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem
fit to claim your prize.

This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some unscrupulous elements. Please bewarned.

To file for your claim, please contact our Interactive Customer Care Team

Interactive Customer Care
Team:Contact Person: Marcus Brown
Email:onlinedraws.oceanblulottery@btinternet.com

To avoid unnecessary delays and complications, you are to contact Mr Marcus Brown with followings details below:

(1) FULL NAME
(2) FULL ADDRESS
(3) NATIONALITY.
(4) AGE
(5) OCCUPATION
(6 )WINNING EMAIL
(7 )TELEPHONE NUMBER
(8) DATE OF WINNING AWARD
(9) SEX
(10) TOTAL AMOUNT WON
(11) MARITAL STATUS

Congratulations, once more from all members and staffs of this program.

Thank you for being part of our promotional lottery program.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. CONTACT YOUR INTERACTIVE CUSTOMER CARES TEAM.

Sincerely,
Mr Gerald Ervin.
(Zonal Coordinator)
SEND YOUR EMAIL TO:onlinedraws.oceanblulottery@btinternet.com

Huldran

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
OMFG. :D

BT/DT.... you'd be surprised how many mails like this land into my "Unwanted" (bzw. "Spam") folder. "Nigerian scams".... "eBay warnings" (<-- these I got even when I had no eBay account!! :D), "Congratulations, you win this, this and that"....

What actually puzzles me, is that this sort of "business" doesn't vanish over the years; that implies, that somebody actually DOES fall for this crap! Stupid people... :D

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Huldran schrieb:
OMFG. :D

BT/DT.... you'd be surprised how many mails like this land into my "Unwanted" (bzw. "Spam") folder. "Nigerian scams".... "eBay warnings" (<-- these I got even when I had no eBay account!! :D), "Congratulations, you win this, this and that"....

What actually puzzles me, is that this sort of "business" doesn't vanish over the years; that implies, that somebody actually DOES fall for this crap! Stupid people... :D

yeah some people are just crazy :D

Huldran

29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
Alrek schrieb:
...I could make a joke about most Americans right now, but it would be in bad taste. But most of you could extrapolate the comment I would have made :p .
Please do make the joke!!! I promise I shan't extrapolate :)

Back to the subject, I once read an article about a guy who, just for fun, replied to the scammer, telling him that he'd be glad to accept the offer [don't remember what it actually was], but his religion [totally made-up] prevented him from doing so [because the scammer didn't "belong to it"].
He fucked the scammer's mind like that for quite some time, talked him into converting to his made-up "religion" :)D), made him pay (!!!) for sending some papers from one country to another [a small sum, but nevertheless], and then did what he was supposed to do...... VANISHED. Like the scammer would do.

Utterly brilliant. Oh, and by the way, HERE IS THE SOURCE.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Alrek

OK. Crazy as in 'building an entire society around the low price of petrol', which experienced 2 price hikes and is probably going to have a third before it's all over', or crazy as in '1 in 5 of our high school graduates 18-24 thinks the sun revolves around the earth'? Or maybe both. Here in the land of land-whales driving land-whale autos, we raise the bar for crazy on a daily basis. And our finances show it (household savings, trade deficit, federal debt, etc.)

I suddenly want to get paid in euros now...

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Huldran schrieb:
Please do make the joke!!! I promise I shan't extrapolate :)

Back to the subject, I once read an article about a guy who, just for fun, replied to the scammer, telling him that he'd be glad to accept the offer [don't remember what it actually was], but his religion [totally made-up] prevented him from doing so [because the scammer didn't "belong to it"].
He fucked the scammer's mind like that for quite some time, talked him into converting to his made-up "religion" :)D), made him pay (!!!) for sending some papers from one country to another [a small sum, but nevertheless], and then did what he was supposed to do...... VANISHED. Like the scammer would do.

Utterly brilliant. Oh, and by the way, HERE IS THE SOURCE.

those guys are called scambaiters and are dead funny. Here's a link, if you wanna have a laugh:
http://www.419eater.com

:D

Alrek

REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP

FIRST, I MUST SOLICIT YOUR STRICTEST CONFIDENCE IN THIS TRANSACTION. THIS IS BY VIRTUE OF ITS NATURE AS BEING UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL AND 'TOP SECRET'. I AM SURE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE OF YOUR ABILITY AND RELIABILITY TO PROSECUTE A TRANSACTION OF THIS GREAT MAGNITUDE INVOLVING A PENDING TRANSACTION REQUIRING MAXIIMUM CONFIDENCE.

WE ARE TOP OFFICIAL OF THE HELHEIM CONTRACT REVIEW PANEL WHO ARE INTERESTED IN IMPORATION OF GOODS INTO OUR COUNTRY WITH FUNDS WHICH ARE PRESENTLY TRAPPED IN HELHEIM. IN ORDER TO COMMENCE THIS BUSINESS WE SOLICIT YOUR ASSISTANCE TO ENABLE US TRANSFER INTO YOUR ACCOUNT THE SAID TRAPPED FUNDS.

THE SOURCE OF THIS FUND IS AS FOLLOWS; WHEN HEL WAS IN A GOOD MOOD, THE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS SET UP COMPANIES AND AWARDED THEMSELVES CONTRACTS WHICH WERE GROSSLY OVER-INVOICED IN VARIOUS MINISTRIES. HEL GOT WISE TO THIS AND SET UP A CONTRACT REVIEW PANEL AND WE HAVE IDENTIFIED A LOT OF INFLATED CONTRACT FUNDS WHICH ARE PRESENTLY FLOATING IN THE CENTRAL BANK OF HELHEIM READY FOR PAYMENT.

HOWEVER, BY VIRTUE OF OUR POSITION AS CIVIL SERVANTS AND MEMBERS OF THIS PANEL, WE CANNOT ACQUIRE THIS MONEY IN OUR NAMES. I HAVE THEREFORE, BEEN DELEGATED AS A MATTER OF TRUST BY MY COLLEAGUES OF THE PANEL TO LOOK FOR AN OVERSEAS PARTNER INTO WHOSE ACCOUNT WE WOULD TRANSFER THE SUM OF BZ$21,320,000.00(TWENTY ONE MILLION, THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THOUSAND BYZANTINE SOLDIUS). HENCE WE ARE WRITING YOU THIS LETTER. WE HAVE AGREED TO SHARE THE MONEY THUS; 1. 20% FOR THE ACCOUNT OWNER 2. 70% FOR US (THE OFFICIALS) 3. 10% TO BE USED IN SETTLING TAXATION AND ALL LOCAL AND FOREIGN EXPENSES. IT IS FROM THE 70% THAT WE WISH TO COMMENCE THE IMPORTATION BUSINESS.

PLEASE,NOTE THAT THIS TRANSACTION IS 100% SAFE AND WE HOPE TO COMMENCE THE TRANSFER LATEST SEVEN (7) BANKING DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE RECEIPT OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIOM BY MESSENGER; )ASK THEM WHERE SVEN OF JUTLAND IS), YOUR COMPANY'S SIGNED, AND STAMPED LETTERHEAD PAPER THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL ENABLE US WRITE LETTERS OF CLAIM AND JOB DESCRIPTION RESPECTIVELY. THIS WAY WE WILL USE YOUR COMPANY'S NAME TO APPLY FOR PAYMENT AND RE-AWARD THE CONTRACT IN YOUR COMPANY'S NAME.

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING THIS BUSINESS WITH YOU AND SOLICIT YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY IN THIS TRANSATION. PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THE RECEIPT OF THIS LETTER USING THE MESSENGER IN THE PERSCRIBE MANNER. I WILL SEND YOU DETAILED INFORMATION OF THIS PENDING PROJECT WHEN I HAVE HEARD FROM YOU.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

SVEN OF JUTLAND

NOTE; PLEASE QUOTE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER (VE/S/09/99) IN ALL YOUR SUBSEQUENT MESSAGES.

----

Apparently, this was a very old scam used in the land of the Vikings :p

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
OMG!

I won again!

Last time if was 1,000,000 Euro, now I won 1,220,000 pound sterling!

It's incredible how much money they give me due to internet lottery things I never participated in.

The new email looks very similar to the old one, just for fuin I enclose it below, just in case anyone would be dumb enough to believe this, you are welcome to take my money from the lottery, just let me know it was for real :D

Email was:

UNITED KINGDOM LOTTERY
The Lottery Company
P.O Box 789
Harrogate HG1 2YR
Ref: UK/9420X2/68
Batch: 077/05/ZY369
YOU HAVE WON 1,220,000 POUNDS STERLING

Our Dear Winner,

You have won the sum of 1,220,000 (ONE MILLION TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY THOUSAND
POUNDS STERLING ) from the UNITED KINGDOM LOTTERY on our January 2007
new year charity bonanza.

The winning ticket was selected from a Data Base of Internet Email
Users,from which your Address came out as the winning coupon.

We hereby urge you to claim the winning amount quickly as this is a
monthly lottery. Failure to claim your win will result into the
reversion of the fund to our following month.

You are therefore requested to contact immediately out Claims
Department below quoting winning number: WINNING
NUMER:02-18-31-38-39-46-{42}.

Contact Person Dr Paul Fishburn
Email:paulfishburn12@yahoo.co.uk
Tel phone: +44 7011129492

: +44 7011129487

Provide the following information needed to process your winning claim.

1.FULL NAMES:__________________________________

2.ADDRESS:_____________________________________________

3.SEX:_______________

4.AGE:________

5.MARITAL STATUS:___________________

6.OCCUPATION:________________________
7.TELEPHONE NUMBER:_____________________

9.BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF COMPANY/INDIVIDUAL___________

10. COUNTRY________________________________

Congratulations once again.

please quote your winning number.

Regards,
Rev Jake Brown
Claims Department.
BRITISH LOTTERY
The Lottery Company
England

--------------------------

At least this time they put a phone number on there, this gives you a chance to actually call them and have them lie to you directly.