Getting To Wacken - Help Needed from German guys

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Eledhon schrieb:
Assuming the train still runs from Altona to Itzehoe, it's been a few years since I last took it.

yeah, I think so... they are planning to close the Altona station, but I don´t think this will happen that soon... not really sure though, better check again at bahn.de...

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
It ran in 2004 as well, but you can travel from main station (Hauptbahnhof) to Elmshorn (direction: Kiel) and then take there a train to Itzehoe. I think that's what I had to do last year

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
actually the very cheapest thing is to take the subway to Elmshorn and there change trains... but probably I´m talking crap and thats only cheaper if you do have a subway ticket for whole Hamburg area anyway... :rolleyes: :D

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Lucretia schrieb:
actually the very cheapest thing is to take the subway to Elmshorn and there change trains... but probably I´m talking crap and thats only cheaper if you do have a subway ticket for whole Hamburg area anyway... :rolleyes: :D

If you travel in a group a Schleswig-Holstein ticket should be the cheapest way to get to Itzehoe, I think. Besides, you can try to sell it in Itzehoe :D

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Sodomy&Lust schrieb:
If you travel in a group a Schleswig-Holstein ticket should be the cheapest way to get to Itzehoe, I think. Besides, you can try to sell it in Itzehoe :D

ture, that might be a good idea :D :)

But this guy is from Finland, so I´m kinda wondering if Germany isn´t some kind of pricewise-third-world-and-cheap-beer-country for him anyway :D

Eledhon

28 Jan. 2002
Tampere, Finland
Lucretia schrieb:
ture, that might be a good idea :D :)

But this guy is from Finland, so I´m kinda wondering if Germany isn´t some kind of pricewise-third-world-and-cheap-beer-country for him anyway :D

Ahem. A country of cheap beer anyway :) I just realized that there is a Sixt in Itzehoe as well, so we will be driving to Itzehoe directly. Which is nice, I didn't want to drive in Hamburg anyway =) (German traffic culture is a _bit_ different than Finnish ;))

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Eledhon schrieb:
Ahem. A country of cheap beer anyway :) I just realized that there is a Sixt in Itzehoe as well, so we will be driving to Itzehoe directly. Which is nice, I didn't want to drive in Hamburg anyway =) (German traffic culture is a _bit_ different than Finnish ;))

If you complain about german traffic culture then you should travel to south Europe! :D

Well, someone told me "if you complain about spanish traffic culture then you should go to Egypt" :rolleyes:

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Eledhon schrieb:
Ahem. A country of cheap beer anyway :)

yeah, I know - its not really third-world prices anymore since we have the Euro here :( :D

Sodomy&Lust schrieb:
If you complain about german traffic culture then you should travel to south Europe! :D

Well, someone told me "if you complain about spanish traffic culture then you should go to Egypt" :rolleyes:

yeah, and if you complain about Egypt traffic you should check out Mexico city, right? :D

Eledhon

28 Jan. 2002
Tampere, Finland
Sodomy&Lust schrieb:

So true. I thought French traffic was bad until I saw what it was in Egypt. Especially during the night. Someone needs to tell those ppl what the lights in front of the car are for ;)

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
hhahah

Yes, Paris and Naples are the worst traffic conditions I have experienced. I think Naples was worse because to be able to cross the road, my friend and I had to get between the cars and move around the roundabout with the traffic with our wheeled luggage :D

So have you decided to drive after all?

Last summer there was a special 29 Euro fair for travel between major cities in German and Austria. Maybe they'll have that again...

The other option I was thinking of was Amsterdam. I think it was only 4-6 hours from Amsterdam to Hamburg by train.. I think

Fyodor

2 Juni 2003
Eledhon schrieb:
Yes, we will drive. We'll pick the car up in Frankfurt and return it to Itzehoe.
You said the flight was 100,-€ more expensive, when you arrive in Hamburg. That was per Person? With 6 people? No rental car ever is 600,-€ from Frankfurt to Hamburg in one day. So driving might really be the best idea. I didn't know there is a Sixt in Itzehoe?!?

BTW: Cairo, Egypt IS the worst city, regarding traffic, I think. Redlights - some kind of discoshow, no need to look at them. Indicators - what's that? Speed limits - no way. Why sticking to traffic rules, when you have a horn in your car? The city was so loud... the horn is used as an indicator, as warning signal that you will cross a redlight, and so on. I have never seen so many damaged cars in one place. Half of them would never get the TÜV in Germany :confused: .

Eledhon

28 Jan. 2002
Tampere, Finland
Fyodor schrieb:
You said the flight was 100,-€ more expensive, when you arrive in Hamburg. That was per Person? With 6 people? No rental car ever is 600,-€ from Frankfurt to Hamburg in one day. So driving might really be the best idea. I didn't know there is a Sixt in Itzehoe?!?

And that is exactly why we will be driving =) I looked on Sixt's web-site and Itzehoe is on their lists. So unless they are just lying I think we'll be returning the car there ;)