First Timer!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

andrej

30 März 2002
MALTA
www.kristu-msallab.20m.com
HAIL ,

I together with 6 of my friends are planning to come to wacken this year for the first time, and since u seem a bunch of helpful metalheads i would like to ask some questions.

1)Is it better to camp for the whole 3 days or to stay in a hotel not very far away and walk to the festival site?
2)how safe is it to camp...... i plan to buy plenty of cds from the market and wouldn't like to lose them all
3)do they sell any food in there?

thanks for the interest

Iscariot

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
You can camp the whole week if you want to, and the camping is included with your ticket. If you stay at a hotel (I don't know if there is a hotel in Wacken because Wacken is not that big, there are hotels in Itzehoe near Wacken but you can't walk from that to the festival area) it costs you much more money and you miss the whole ambiance on the camping that makes a metalfestival like WOA so special.

I think camping on Wacken is quite save. There is security and I don't think any of the visitors of wacken is planning to steal anything. They just want to have a good time there. I think it's save enough.

You can buy food at the festival area, there is an area where they sell all kinds of food and drinks. (pity that most of it is junk food) They have a sort of supermarket where you can buy things like bread, fruit, drinks etc.
You can also walk to the village of Wacken (a couple of minutes walk)There are 2 supermarkets where you can buy lots of things
much cheaper than the festival itself

I hope I helped you with your questions, cya at Wacken (maybe :))

andrej

30 März 2002
MALTA
cheers mate u are all so fucking helpful

of course i'll see you there
we will be a small delegation from malta (bet no knows where it is...... anyways its under italy, yeps we are meditarranean metal heads :)

just one last question.....

is there a place from where u can rent tents and stuff or u have to bring that by yourself ??

aborted

21 Feb. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
There´s surely no place where you can rent tents n stuff in wacken, if at all then in Hamburg, but thats 80km from wacken.
About staying in a Hotel - don´t - you´d miss the festival feeling. I lived very near to wacken before I moved to hamburg and I never drove home during the festival. Anyway, I dont think you´d be able to get a room in a hotel in Wacken any more, wacken is a tiny village and all hotels in the "surrounding area" (up to 50km away) are fully booked months earlier! How many people are you gonna be exactly? I now some people there who rent a room every year - cheap and close to the festival ground.
okay, gotta go - terribly tired, been to too many concerts the last few days!

andrej

30 März 2002
MALTA
we're gonna be from 6-10, or in the end even 3, caesu some of them don't really know if they're coming

i guess we'll opt for the camping then, this festival feeling you are all telling me aout seems to be exciting and i dont wana miss it.

cheers again, we'll have a flag with #metal-malta written on the tent :)

i don't know how muc cds and stuff cost in wacken, but they say you can find limiteds and stuff

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
I´d say CDs and merchandising is rather cheap at the festival because there are a lot of stalls. I guess normal CDs were about 25 DM (12,50 EUR) last year, shirts should be from 5 EUR (for special offers) to 30 or more EUR. There is something to find for every budget!