First-timer

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Yeah iv noticed its almost £100 difference so might be good to go to Bremen and train it over. I looked but there's no flights on the Sunday just the Monday to Monday, which gives me a day to get prepared for the trip to BOA haha!
Will be crazy 2 weeks! :D
Would love to of stayed longer as it will be my first time away with my friend, Is there anything i should definitely check out while in Hamburg?
Also is there any chance of the shops in Wacken running out of booze?

People always recommend going to the reeperbahn.

And i doubt that the shops will run out of booze. But i personally don't go into the village that often. So can give you a clear yes or no on that one :p

Doc Rock

Master of the Wind einer Dirne
27 Jan. 2011
Göttingen
Yeah iv noticed its almost £100 difference so might be good to go to Bremen and train it over. I looked but there's no flights on the Sunday just the Monday to Monday, which gives me a day to get prepared for the trip to BOA haha!
Will be crazy 2 weeks! :D
Would love to of stayed longer as it will be my first time away with my friend, Is there anything i should definitely check out while in Hamburg?
Also is there any chance of the shops in Wacken running out of booze?

Yeah, the other Brit in our camp did the WOA-BOA back-to-back thing during his first year at Wacken as well. Was a tough one, and since then he prefers Wacken. So I guess you're in for a treat!

You can buy everything from canned beer to bottles of JD on the campground and in the village as well. I'm positive you won't drain the supplies! Bringing some will be a bit cheaper though. An outstanding feature of Wacken is that they are pretty relaxed with what you can bring to the campground. I usually have a whole cocktail bar in the back of my car. :)

Hamburg has a lot to offer, incl. a good metal scene, but if you have a chance to arrive early (like Mon), going straight to Wacken is the thing to do. The first few days offer really relaxed parties with fun people on the campground (or in the pool!), by now I prefer them almost as much as the later days with the bands. We usually meet up in Hamburg on Sunday, take a cheap hostel, spend a night on the Reeperbahn (the Nightlight is a great metal pub there!) and drive up to Wacken the next day.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Good to know about it being cheaper than bloodstock, is there any good ciders there or good ones to pick up before going?

Maybe pick up some before you go. When we went grocery shopping in Wacken, there was plenty of beer, shandy, wine and rum, but I don't recall seeing any cider. I wasn't looking that hard, mind you :p

Lastly as being a girl i have the typical question of showers, what are they like?

It's best to go first thing in the morning or when it's likely that lots of people will be in the arena seeing the big bands that you don't like that much. I've never actually had to wait for a shower at these times (I've never used the ones at Bloodstock, as there's already a line at 7am...not worth it IMO). They are communal, so be aware of that if it bothers you. Definitely wear flip flops the whole time that you're in there. The floors remain quite muddy, and I once saw a girl slip and smack her head on the ground. A lot of the time I found that the big lines I saw outside the shower area are people lining up for a flush toilets right next to it, so have a good look.

Ps. Whats the crowed like do people keep to themselves or will 2 Scottish girls fit in and find new friends? :D

The Germans impress to be a really friendly and outgoing bunch when they're drunk (in my experience, that is), and their spirit seems to be pretty infectious. I'm really quite introverted and usually very shy around people I don't know, but I've made some very good friends over the years at Wacken (separately to those on this forum), simply for showing up :)

Wish I was allowed to run away from work long enough to go back to Wacken again this year. Really jealous right now :o

T-Lex

W:O:A Metalhead
10 Apr. 2015
Scotland
Maybe pick up some before you go. When we went grocery shopping in Wacken, there was plenty of beer, shandy, wine and rum, but I don't recall seeing any cider. I wasn't looking that hard, mind you :p

It's best to go first thing in the morning or when it's likely that lots of people will be in the arena seeing the big bands that you don't like that much. I've never actually had to wait for a shower at these times (I've never used the ones at Bloodstock, as there's already a line at 7am...not worth it IMO). They are communal, so be aware of that if it bothers you. Definitely wear flip flops the whole time that you're in there. The floors remain quite muddy, and I once saw a girl slip and smack her head on the ground. A lot of the time I found that the big lines I saw outside the shower area are people lining up for a flush toilets right next to it, so have a good look.

The Germans impress to be a really friendly and outgoing bunch when they're drunk (in my experience, that is), and their spirit seems to be pretty infectious. I'm really quite introverted and usually very shy around people I don't know, but I've made some very good friends over the years at Wacken (separately to those on this forum), simply for showing up :)

Wish I was allowed to run away from work long enough to go back to Wacken again this year. Really jealous right now :o
Awesome, im sure i can adapt from cider to beer or just get vodka and rum :)

Yeah iv only showered once at bloodstock due to the mass of people so normally just get a bucket and have a camp chair bath haha!

Yay! well hopefully there as nice to us as they were with you :D

If I still went they probably would *glug* :D

Even tho i don't know you i shall have a drink in your honour :D will be interesting to see what drinking differences people have over there.

Yeah, the other Brit in our camp did the WOA-BOA back-to-back thing during his first year at Wacken as well. Was a tough one, and since then he prefers Wacken. So I guess you're in for a treat!

You can buy everything from canned beer to bottles of JD on the campground and in the village as well. I'm positive you won't drain the supplies! Bringing some will be a bit cheaper though. An outstanding feature of Wacken is that they are pretty relaxed with what you can bring to the campground. I usually have a whole cocktail bar in the back of my car. :)

Hamburg has a lot to offer, incl. a good metal scene, but if you have a chance to arrive early (like Mon), going straight to Wacken is the thing to do. The first few days offer really relaxed parties with fun people on the campground (or in the pool!), by now I prefer them almost as much as the later days with the bands. We usually meet up in Hamburg on Sunday, take a cheap hostel, spend a night on the Reeperbahn (the Nightlight is a great metal pub there!) and drive up to Wacken the next day.

Yeah i have a feeling as soon as i get there i may never want to leave, although i do love BOA.
Will look at maybe picking drink up at Itzehoe if im waiting about for a while, not sure i can carry as much drink as id like :D Cocktail bar sounds amazing!! If we find you im ordering one haha :p
Ok cool, well i might stay in Hamburg on the Monday but come up to Wacken on the Tuesday and speak to my friend and see what she thinks as i think it would be good to make the most of it while im there!

People always recommend going to the reeperbahn.

And i doubt that the shops will run out of booze. But i personally don't go into the village that often. So can give you a clear yes or no on that one :p

Thanks for the suggestion :D will need to look it up!
Hahah well you never know, most of the towns here before a festival sell out so was a bit worried, Normally need a crate for each day....

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
there's a shitload of really good bars in hamburg if you're up for more general rock/punk kinda stuff.

i've never seen cider in germany.

i'd also recommend getting a "mexikaner" which is basically a spicy bloody mary shot thing. each bar pretty much makes their own so it varies from bar to bar, but it's a nice little shot between beers/whatnot.

there are no buckybombs or munchyboxes to be found.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Also, feel free to take a dive into our hot tub (the general chat thread of this forum)
You might make some new friends before you're at wacken.
We normally also do a forum meeting on the wednesday to have a few beers and meet everybody in person.

Doc Rock

27 Jan. 2011
Göttingen
Cocktail bar sounds amazing!! If we find you im ordering one haha :p

Oh, you're welcome! We're the camp with the Sign of the Hammer flag where everybody is chanting Scottish Pirate Metal tunes while drinking rum. Or send me a message.

Oh awesome, if you could find out that would be great! :D Im flying from either Edinburgh or Aberdeen, depends which is cheaper next month when i book it.

My mate from Edinburgh says he's always checking in one bigger bag with the tent etc., plus one piece of hand luggage. Weight allowances depend on the airline, but still that's certainly much less expensive than buying a tent in Germany. Plus a disposable tent will likely be lower quality. As it can get both quite warm and very rainy at Wacken, a cheap tent might quickly become a hot and sweaty or wet and damp home. And you don't want to get into the situation where you have to find a place to stay in the middle of the festival, right?

T-Lex

10 Apr. 2015
Scotland
there's a shitload of really good bars in hamburg if you're up for more general rock/punk kinda stuff.

i've never seen cider in germany.

i'd also recommend getting a "mexikaner" which is basically a spicy bloody mary shot thing. each bar pretty much makes their own so it varies from bar to bar, but it's a nice little shot between beers/whatnot.

there are no buckybombs or munchyboxes to be found.

Will definitely need to try out a "mexikaner" :D yeah im looking to see what the bars have to offer as where i live theirs only one rock pub.
Never had a buckybomb surprisingly, not a huge bucky fan :p But my gods, i do love a munchybox, sure i can last a week without one haha! :D

Also, feel free to take a dive into our hot tub (the general chat thread of this forum)
You might make some new friends before you're at wacken.
We normally also do a forum meeting on the wednesday to have a few beers and meet everybody in person.

Yeah i will do :) Ahh meeting up sounds cool, would be nice to know who iv been talking too haha! :D

Oh, you're welcome! We're the camp with the Sign of the Hammer flag where everybody is chanting Scottish Pirate Metal tunes while drinking rum. Or send me a message.

My mate from Edinburgh says he's always checking in one bigger bag with the tent etc., plus one piece of hand luggage. Weight allowances depend on the airline, but still that's certainly much less expensive than buying a tent in Germany. Plus a disposable tent will likely be lower quality. As it can get both quite warm and very rainy at Wacken, a cheap tent might quickly become a hot and sweaty or wet and damp home. And you don't want to get into the situation where you have to find a place to stay in the middle of the festival, right?

By chance will it be Alestorm that you will be singing? haha!! I will need to keep an eye out for the flag, but if you see 2 girls with a Scotland flag and too much alcohol it will probably be us :p

Thanks for finding that out for me, by looks of it we will be leaving from Edinburgh too. Thats a good point about the tent, would much rather pay the extra and know i have a decent tent for the weekend.

I know its a couple of months away but im way to excited already! :D

Doc Rock

27 Jan. 2011
Göttingen
By chance will it be Alestorm that you will be singing? haha!! I will need to keep an eye out for the flag, but if you see 2 girls with a Scotland flag and too much alcohol it will probably be us :p

Thanks for finding that out for me, by looks of it we will be leaving from Edinburgh too. Thats a good point about the tent, would much rather pay the extra and know i have a decent tent for the weekend.

I know its a couple of months away but im way to excited already! :D

Sure enough! We almost got into trouble with our campground neighbours two years ago when we sang along to Alestorm loudly till dawn. Must have been something like 8h straight, not kidding! But sleep is overrated, right? :D

I'm a big Alestorm fan ever since I saw them by chance when they played Studio 24 in Edinburgh in front of a handful of people. Good times!

T-Lex

10 Apr. 2015
Scotland
Sure enough! We almost got into trouble with our campground neighbours two years ago when we sang along to Alestorm loudly till dawn. Must have been something like 8h straight, not kidding! But sleep is overrated, right? :D

I'm a big Alestorm fan ever since I saw them by chance when they played Studio 24 in Edinburgh in front of a handful of people. Good times!

Hahaha sleep is definitely overrated! Sounds like a good night tho!! :D

Aww yeah there good live :) its funny cause iv drank with the lead guitarist from Alestorm quite a few times as he went to school with my friends and are still good friends, so when hes free comes out to the rock pub and club here.

Guess it ill be easy to listen out for Alestorm songs. :D

Doc Rock

27 Jan. 2011
Göttingen
Hahaha sleep is definitely overrated! Sounds like a good night tho!! :D

Aww yeah there good live :) its funny cause iv drank with the lead guitarist from Alestorm quite a few times as he went to school with my friends and are still good friends, so when hes free comes out to the rock pub and club here.

Guess it ill be easy to listen out for Alestorm songs. :D

I'm impressed, you're probably the person closest to Alestorm I've met so far! Well, I've had a drink with Chris twice after gigs, but I doubt he would remember me. And never with Dani. So you're from Perth then?

But it's not for you that Alestorm covered I'm a Cider Drinker, or ist it? :p

T-Lex

10 Apr. 2015
Scotland
I'm impressed, you're probably the person closest to Alestorm I've met so far! Well, I've had a drink with Chris twice after gigs, but I doubt he would remember me. And never with Dani. So you're from Perth then?

But it's not for you that Alestorm covered I'm a Cider Drinker, or ist it? :p

Ah thats cool :D its kinda odd but i seem to end up drinking with alot of bands, my favourite time was with Korpiklaani, was such fun. Even won the drinking content :D

Hahaha sadly not but i seem to sing it alot when drunk.

No im in Dundee for university, originally from Glasgow but moved alot growing up so my accent is a mix of everything.

Doc Rock

27 Jan. 2011
Göttingen
Ah thats cool :D its kinda odd but i seem to end up drinking with alot of bands, my favourite time was with Korpiklaani, was such fun. Even won the drinking content :D

Are you saying you won a drinking competition against Korpiklaani? Now I'm REALLY impressed! :ugly:

Hahaha sadly not but i seem to sing it alot when drunk.

I know you very little, but from the bits you wrote here I'm not surprised...

No im in Dundee for university, originally from Glasgow but moved alot growing up so my accent is a mix of everything.

Everything Scottish, you mean? ;)