First timer here!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Celtic Eagle

31 Jan. 2003
Hull UK
Website besuchen
Just thought I'd put a post up.

Coming across from the UK I'm making my first visit to the mighty Wacken this year and will be arriving on the thursday evening. I'm looking very much forward to much metal and beer. I'm just wondering how much cash to take and is it worth taking my visa?

Any tips or advice is much appreciated

Cheers

Fallen_Knight

W:O:A Metalmaster
22 Mai 2002
Leider Schweden
Personally I brought money with me and just in case my visa.. but I planned not to use it..

they had an ATM somewhere in wacken.. but I would prefer cash and hten perhaps VISa for safety

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Originally posted by Celtic Eagle

Coming across from the UK I'm making my first visit to the mighty Wacken this year and will be arriving on the thursday evening. I'm looking very much forward to much metal and beer. I'm just wondering how much cash to take and is it worth taking my visa?

Cheers

Welcome to the forum!

I brought 300 euros with me, and my VISA.
i did get to use the VISA as well, since I ran out of money and needed to go to the ATM.

The line to the ATM is horrible though, so try and bring enough cash to net have to stand in that line.

What surprised me was that there were so much cool stuff to buy at the festival ground, for just food and beer I spent about 150 euros.

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Ah, Wacken board virgin!!! Gather the women and deflower him by force! :D

anyhow, welcome! Yeah, I'd agree with the others here - bring plenty of cash, but your Visa's worth bringing along too. The businesses in town use them, a few vendors (apparently) at the fest do, so it will help keep you from dipping into your cash supply too much.

LiveBait

5 Feb. 2003
Ireland
Website besuchen
Re: Re: First timer here!

Originally posted by gnoff
Welcome to the forum!

I brought 300 euros with me, and my VISA.
i did get to use the VISA as well, since I ran out of money and needed to go to the ATM.

The line to the ATM is horrible though, so try and bring enough cash to net have to stand in that line.

What surprised me was that there were so much cool stuff to buy at the festival ground, for just food and beer I spent about 150 euros.

300 to spend? Ah shit...:D

Shiny

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Juni 2002
Ireland
Website besuchen
Re: Re: Re: First timer here!

Originally posted by LiveBait
300 to spend? Ah shit...:D

I was worse.

I brought €300 with me and I still ended up using my credit card after the second day to get another €200.

It was the Metal Market that drained.
I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw all the Merchandise!!!
Is was soo good.
I bought a ton of stuff but it was completely worth it. :D

But yes the queue was horrible. Thankfully it wasn't raining, just kick ass sunshine to lye in while waiting. :)

In my opinion you could bring all your cash with you, You wouldn't
lose it unless you got really drunk or something, so just dont keep it all in the one place.

I'll still be using my mastercard as a backup this year all the same.

LiveBait

5 Feb. 2003
Ireland
Website besuchen
Shane -

Since I'm still in Secondary, I don't have that much cash on me. I'll probably be working during the summer anyway to earn a bit. I've only about 700 in my account now:(

Carpathian_Wolf

21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
Originally posted by Celtic Eagle

Cheers

Welcome! Hull thats pretty close to where I live! I took around 200euros last year but i would have taken more if i had the cash this year ill take more dosh! :D