First time going to Wacken, looking to make friends...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Conscious Pilot

W:O:A Metalhead
24 Mai 2008
North America
i dont agree with this part.. most germans DON`T speak english..

Hmmm, in the three trips to Wacken I've made, I've found that they DO speak English and if they don't they certainly try - their English is SO much better than my German ;)

In fact, everyone I've meet there (Belgian, Danes, French, Brazilian, Swedes, on and on), have all been more than happy and willing to breakout their English - no matter how rusty - to communicate with an American with pathetically only one language…

kjens

1 Mai 2009
Denmark
If U are on Facebook check out "Camp Facebook on Wacken Open Air" a group which started last year. i was there with a lot of amazing people from all over the world. Fantastic people and what a party :D

slayerrrrrr

18 Apr. 2008
What part of California area you in Edward? My friend and I are going and were in the Los Angeles area.

Doug

Aussiemetal!

11 Feb. 2010
London
Aussie needs camping friends

Hello all, I'm an aussie metaller living in London. Got my 3 day ticket once I saw Maiden were confirmed! My mate pulled out on going with me so I'm trying to find people to camp with. If anyone has any space or knows of someone who'd be happy to camp with an easygoing aussie bloke please let me know.

cheers

Max

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Hello all, I'm an aussie metaller living in London. Got my 3 day ticket once I saw Maiden were confirmed! My mate pulled out on going with me so I'm trying to find people to camp with. If anyone has any space or knows of someone who'd be happy to camp with an easygoing aussie bloke please let me know.

cheers

Max

Just start posting here, might get some people who like you and wouldn't mind a new friend, or otherwise you can at least join the forum camp if you're active enough. Which isn't much really, but one post won't get you that I don't think. :o But in the meantime, feel free to join us spamming the 150K thread. :D

Membarus

W:O:A Metalmaster
19 Dez. 2001
Münsterland
HAILS EVERYONE!

my name is Edward, i come from the vast land known as California and im hoping to attend this year's Wacken, its been a long await for me! Well i will be going solo, and im a bit nervous, especially since it would be my firsttime traveling to europe. what im asking is for someone to maybe help guide me through this festival, maybe give me some advice before the big festival. if ur a female, thats a definate plus!!! hope to hear from someone soon. incase my screen names dont show, here it is: cephalicmacabre

that works with bothyahoo and MSN. hope t hear from u soon! METAL!

Servus,
be no scary - there are a lot of people who are expectional friendly. Sure, there are all looking like haven't seen a shower since a couple of days (or weeks?) and smelling like this :D
But all wacken-Travelers are fine.

My first time there, I entered the festival ground and beginning to build up my tent, there are our tent-neighboers comes looking whos new & helped me with the construction. And I got a lot of beer from them :D

2 Minutes later there was running a nacked guy in the backround, only weared a manowar-flag and yells "I AM THE MANOWAR-MAN!"

This was my first impression of wacken. And I like it :)

Sorry for my bad english :p

Gash

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Sep. 2006
Gelderland
www.last.fm
Most Germans DON'T WANT to speak english because of beeing afraid to make mistakes. They surely learned it at school for at least 5 years!
My french is horrible but if it's necessary I try to speak it. Why not?!

I think that's it.. most Germans I talked to didn't have problems with speaking English.. It's just that most Germans have a funny accent:D, but what the hell? So do I;)