First Time at Wacken! What should I bring?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
I'm really confused why they'd keep us from taking a tiny pen-light flashlight to the festival grounds! Do they want us falling into ditches? :confused:

Well, it's allowed on the camping area, but not on the festival area - everything that might be used as a weapon is confiscated. Even perfume, as far as I remember. :D

Edit: Sure, it depends on how much time the security guys invest in checking your clothes and bags when you enter the festival area, and in the end you'll always find a way to get it in (inside your boots for example) but if they discover it they'll confiscate it. So you'd better leave it in your tent. It's not THAT dark in Wacken, at least in most parts of the whole area.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

slayerofrage

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Juli 2006
Stockport
www.isitbeeroclock.com
Well, it's allowed on the camping area, but not on the festival area - everything that might be used as a weapon is confiscated. Even perfume, as far as I remember. :D

Edit: Sure, it depends on how much time the security guys invest in checking your clothes and bags when you enter the festival area, and in the end you'll always find a way to get it in (inside your boots for example) but if they discover it they'll confiscate it. So you'd better leave it in your tent. It's not THAT dark in Wacken, at least in most parts of the whole area.

Its not That dark only when Immortal Mayhem or Indeed Gorgoroth play!!

WOA-Virgin

4 Juli 2008
bei Hannover
Thanks for the flowers, but english is a World Language. Even in the music.
The kids here have now from the 4th till the 13 th klass english lessons. Thats normal.
But the problem is, you learn it, come out of school, get a job and forget it all, if you don´t need it.
But as a Metalhead you don´t have a chance without english , I don´t know ONE metalsong in french, or another language. Everythings there is in english.
:D

slayerofrage

26 Juli 2006
Stockport
www.isitbeeroclock.com
Thanks for the flowers, but english is a World Language. Even in the music.
The kids here have now from the 4th till the 13 th klass english lessons. Thats normal.
But the problem is, you learn it, come out of school, get a job and forget it all, if you don´t need it.
But as a Metalhead you don´t have a chance without english , I don´t know ONE metalsong in french, or another language. Everythings there is in english.
:D

I know quite a few metal songs in Finnish or Norwegian Though!!!

WOA-Virgin

4 Juli 2008
bei Hannover
Hmm.. personally, I don´t like Rammstein, so i forgot them ^^
And In Extremo , Subway to Sally is not Metal. IE was good, till they had " Küss mich" after that, they are better for 12 jears old screaming girlies....
Sorry to say that, i really liked theyre music.
Taake, MrykGrav, Yggasdril - to them, I don´t know them, but its good to learn , so I´ll search for them at youtube.
But please, don´t forget, I am here in germany, the land, where they put Van Canto to normal Music, not Hero Metal.... nice to stand in the Media Markt and search 30 minutes, with help of friends, for one CD !
And as far as I can remember, I have not seen one of these Bands you have told me in the CD´s.

slayerofrage

26 Juli 2006
Stockport
www.isitbeeroclock.com
Hmm.. personally, I don´t like Rammstein, so i forgot them ^^
And In Extremo , Subway to Sally is not Metal. IE was good, till they had " Küss mich" after that, they are better for 12 jears old screaming girlies....
Sorry to say that, i really liked theyre music.
Taake, MrykGrav, Yggasdril - to them, I don´t know them, but its good to learn , so I´ll search for them at youtube.
But please, don´t forget, I am here in germany, the land, where they put Van Canto to normal Music, not Hero Metal.... nice to stand in the Media Markt and search 30 minutes, with help of friends, for one CD !
And as far as I can remember, I have not seen one of these Bands you have told me in the CD´s.

Finntroll!!!! They are amazing!! Troll metal!!

There is loads of German, Finnish, Norwegian metal out there!!

You just have to look for it!! Die Apocalptysian Rieter as well!!