Fire disaster at Metal Gig....

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Shiny

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Juni 2002
Ireland
Website besuchen
Most people must have heard about this by now.

The '80s hard rock band Great White had just started playing when pyrotechnic sparklers on stage began shooting up and ignited the ceiling above them and soundproofing near the stage. Some in the crowd said they thought it was part of the act, but the fire quickly spread through the low-ceilinged building, filling it with thick, black smoke.

The death toll is over 80 last I heard.

Fucking terrible stuff.

29 März 2002
Ireland
Website besuchen
Yah its pretty shocking stuff, especially when you see the venue on tv. Looks awfully similar to the ones we go to in Dublin eh Shiny?
Must have gone up pretty damn fast for so many people to be killed!

Shiny

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Juni 2002
Ireland
Website besuchen
Re: Re: Fire disaster at Metal Gig....

Originally posted by Zombi
Just wondering... is that why you have the words Revisit the Holocaust as your sig?

No.
I'm not a prick.
I've had that there for weeks and its related to a metal website which is under construction so its not realted to any other stuff either.

I saw the video footage too!!
The place caught fire as if it was soaked in petrol or something..
One of the guitarists is missing also. :(

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: Re: Re: Fire disaster at Metal Gig....

Originally posted by Shiny
No, you fucking idiot.
I'm not a prick.
I've had that there for weeks and its related to a metal website which is under construction so its not realted to any other stuff either.

how was I supposed to know?

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Fire disaster at Metal Gig....

Originally posted by Zombi
how was I supposed to know?

i can vouch for that...if your a "WOA Metalheadz" status, you must have noticed that.

but yeah, the fire..shiiiite crazy stuff

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
There were three emergency exits...one by the stage, where the band comes in, and two more by the back. Apparently most of the people tried ot go back out through the main door, the way they came in, and that's where the stampede and casualties were.

And the building was supposedly a wooden structure from the '40s, so it was grandfathered out of building codes which would require it to have sprinklers...

I was going to go see Great White play their next show (Friday night) here. Obviously, that's not happening. :(

You know, I think about how many times I've seen metal bands breathe fire and what not in tiny clubs, even when they were told specifically not to. I remember seeing Dark Funeral get yelled at after their show by a club owner because they did it not once but three times. And I remember my friend Ben and I actually egged Immortal into breathing fire at their show - they actually scorched the ceiling too. Little did I know that something like THIS could happen. :(