English language question

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Hey lads and lasses, I just got a language question from a frioend who is in a band and is recording a song tomrrow to which he hust finishes the lyrics. And now we arrived at the interesting question of "Some things stay" versus "Something stays". In connection to past relationships, what would be more appropriate? And please don't say "Some things stay" cause no german is able to pronounce that.

:D

You got 90 minutes to help.
;)

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Re: Re: Re: Re: English language question

Originally posted by Zombi
yes. it means

something stays...:p

well...one thing...stays...

That is actually close enough to what I think he means to say, so I'll give him a go ahead. You can now use this thread to spam in your usual ways.

*Putssomebeerandvodkaintonowuselessthread*

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: English language question

Originally posted by monochrom
That is actually close enough to what I think he means to say, so I'll give him a go ahead. You can now use this thread to spam in your usual ways.

fucking hell...I was wondering how long it would take to do that

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: English language question

whohoo

didn't have time to help, but I'll grab me a beer anyways :D

Party on!

BlueOyster

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Jan. 2003
On tour forever (or at least this week)
Hey lads and lasses, I just got a language question from a frioend who is in a band and is recording a song tomrrow to which he hust finishes the lyrics. And now we arrived at the interesting question of "Some things stay" versus "Something stays". In connection to past relationships, what would be more appropriate? And please don't say "Some things stay" cause no german is able to pronounce that.

:D

You got 90 minutes to help.
;)

Some things stay ;)

But both options sound stilted :eek:

*ignoresdeadlinesasalways* :p :D

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Re: Re: Re: Re: English language question

Originally posted by Zombi
yes. it means

something stays...:p

well...one thing...stays...

Yes, because you know it's one thing - you would say

"the dog stays..."

English is such a bitch language it's too hard to say unless you give us the full sentence.

You can say: "Some things stay the same" but not "Some things stay" because it is an incomplete sentence.

But you'd never use "Something stays".