Elmshorn to Concert and Back?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

metalmesh

5 Apr. 2015
I am curious if there are any shuttles between the concert and Elmshorn? All the information I have read says that transportation is only provided to Itzehoe station and then we'd have to get another train to Elmshorn is that right? What is the train cost?

The problem I see is that concert transportation is only provided up to 12 midnight during concert days... Seems they run only by the hour, so I am wondering with 60k people and only 1 bus per hour, how that is exactly going to work if their are tons of people...

Will taxi's take us to Elmshorn? If so at what cost? And will their be Taxi's at Elmshorn station at all hours to take me into the city?

Thanks

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I am curious if there are any shuttles between the concert and Elmshorn? All the information I have read says that transportation is only provided to Itzehoe station and then we'd have to get another train to Elmshorn is that right? What is the train cost?

The problem I see is that concert transportation is only provided up to 12 midnight during concert days... Seems they run only by the hour, so I am wondering with 60k people and only 1 bus per hour, how that is exactly going to work if their are tons of people...

Will taxi's take us to Elmshorn? If so at what cost? And will their be Taxi's at Elmshorn station at all hours to take me into the city?

Thanks

Shuttles from ITZEHOE station to Wacken and back.
From ITZEHOE station you can get a train to ELMSHORN station. And if you want to know the departure times, check www.bahn.com and choose English, or any given language that you can understand. (Dutch/French/Spanish and some more I can't remember anymore)

Taxis are everywhere, and bring you everywhere you want to, for €€€ or course.
Don't know the rates in Germany, but ask a taxi driver, s/he can tell you.
Look at the Travel Tool on the Wacken Home page.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

metalmesh

5 Apr. 2015
Thanks for your reply.

How often to the shuttles run from the concert to the station to Itzehoe? One per hour? do we need to buy tickets in advance or just show up?

And is there any need to buy tickets now from Itzehoe to Elmshorn or just go to the station and then buy the ticket? Machines only? or are they staffed that late at night?

KaeptnKorn

W:O:A Metalmaster
16 Juli 2003
Hamburg
Thanks for your reply.

How often to the shuttles run from the concert to the station to Itzehoe? One per hour? do we need to buy tickets in advance or just show up?

And is there any need to buy tickets now from Itzehoe to Elmshorn or just go to the station and then buy the ticket? Machines only? or are they staffed that late at night?

Only a fraction of the guests will commute. And on Saturday evening and sunday the buses will drive more frequently. Schedule: http://www.wacken.com/en/festivalinfo/shuttlebusplaene/

In the past years the shuttle bus ticket (wacken-itzehoe) cost around 10€ per person. But the ticket was valid all week for all rides with the bus.

The train station in itzehoe will probably not be staffed. But you can buy tickets 24/7 at the machines. Looks like one ticket from itzehoe to elmshorn will cost 8,10€ per person. A group ticket is hardly worth it. The Schleswig-Holstein-Ticket (Länderticket) will reduce the cost to 8€ p.P. when you are 5 people. With 4 or less the price will exceed 8,10€.

Do you want to stay in Elmshorn or go on to Hamburg?

Taxis will take you anywhere if you can pay.
Here is a list with prices: http://www.wacken.com/en/news/news/news-detail/taxipreise-beim-woa-2015/

metalmesh

5 Apr. 2015
I will be staying in Elmshorn, and then leaving from Elmshorn to Hamburg on August 1 to fly back home. I think from Elmshorn to Hamburg I will take the train, that is no problem, as that is daytime.

So from the concert to Itzehoe it is 39Euro for the taxi, and to Elmshorn I guess it will be close to 70-80 Euro then, it is not on the list you sent me, but as the distance is similar. Otherwise shuttle to Itzehoe and then taxi to Elmshorn to train and then taxi to hotel. Seems I have a few options though taxis aren't cheap, but at least they are there.

From Wacken to Itzehoe it seems the buses are around 1 per hour, so not that many people will use them??? So no need to buy tickets in advance? Just show up to take the bus?