Don't know the area...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

bdcybergoth

17 Mai 2004
Canada
Website besuchen
I'm planning on going to this year's Wacken and I'm coming from Canada. Just wondering if it's easy to find a cheap place to stay and if there's anything in the area that might be of interest.

DarthFreak

W:O:A Metalmaster
If you want a cheap place to stay go to the youth hostel in hamburg...

its about an hour by train but really the only place in the vicinity in wacken where there is anything like a nightlife. also you got the headbangers ballroom....

with the youth hostels.. you would just need a hostel card...

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
yeah, I agree that Hamburg is probably the right place to go. You can spend years in Hamburg without getting bored, I guess ;)

Or make a trip to the North Sea, or to the Baltic sea which isn't too far from Wacken as well. Or first to the seaside and then to Hamburg...depending on how long you want to stay in Germany ;)

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Kate McGee
yeah, I agree that Hamburg is probably the right place to go. You can spend years in Hamburg without getting bored, I guess ;)

Or make a trip to the North Sea, or to the Baltic sea which isn't too far from Wacken as well. Or first to the seaside and then to Hamburg...depending on how long you want to stay in Germany ;)

I would say that you cant get bored in some city. I feel to be bored everywhere thats why I do bullshit and mess :D:D:D

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Kate McGee

of course :D

and the days before and after Wacken there are a lot of Metalheads hanging around here in the city, so chances are good to meet some nice people for some pre- or after-Wacken-party :) :D

bdcybergoth

17 Mai 2004
Canada
Website besuchen
I'll keep the Reeper Bahn in mind. ;)
I figured that I'd probably roam around Hamburg some and maybe make my way up to Denmark. As geeky as this may sound but Legoland has that certain drawing.
I'm wondering more if the place that the festival is at is a dinky little town.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Are there any good metal bars in Hamburg?

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Originally posted by bdcybergoth
I'll keep the Reeper Bahn in mind. ;)
I figured that I'd probably roam around Hamburg some and maybe make my way up to Denmark. As geeky as this may sound but Legoland has that certain drawing.
I'm wondering more if the place that the festival is at is a dinky little town.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Are there any good metal bars in Hamburg?

In Wacken there's nothing but a festival, so don't waste your time there after the festival. Just go to Hamburg! :)

In Headbangers Ballroom there's an after-Wacken party with a few concerts, and last year it costed only 4 euros. That's where I'd go if I had to stay in Hamburg after Wacken

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
Originally posted by Sodomy&Lust
In Headbangers Ballroom there's an after-Wacken party with a few concerts, and last year it costed only 4 euros. That's where I'd go if I had to stay in Hamburg after Wacken

was a great little party with a forum members :D

quite funny too :D

LXE

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
there are hostels in Hamburg, I've stayed at "instant sleep" a couple times and its cool theres another one up the street from headbangersballroom but I don't know much about it. There is another hostel in Itzhoe near wacken but you can't get reservations and it's better to camp at the fest anyway