Does WOA need a CHANGE of direction ?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

WACKY

7 Nov. 2004
If you see the billings of the last years, there are bands that play every year...Saxon, Motorhead, Primal Fear, Grave Digger, Nevermore , Tom Angelripper, ...etc

Is it the time for a change ?
Do you miss bands that you've never seen ?

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
WACKY schrieb:
If you see the billings of the last years, there are bands that play every year...Saxon, Motorhead, Primal Fear, Grave Digger, Nevermore , Tom Angelripper, ...etc

Is it the time for a change ?
Do you miss bands that you've never seen ?

Well, maybe...but judging from your other thread, I hope it isn't a change in your direction :D

In the end, wacken really is a mainstream metal festival, not that I have problem with this, and I don't think there's many changes it can make, there is already is quite a diversity of bands.

WACKY

7 Nov. 2004
Hehe, I'm not talking about melodic hard rock only, as you suppose...

I'd like to see bands that never played in Wacken , i don't know, ...Flotsam and Jetsam, Queensryche, Hellfueled, Scanner , Lacrimosa, Shy, TNT ,
Alice Cooper, Shadow Gallery, Symphony X, TNT, Cinderella,Within Temptation, Ozzy Osbourne, Manowar, Steve Vai,Def Leppard, Stryper, or extreme bands, it's the same ...you understand me...

There are thousand options, not only the same old bands...

Accept is a very good new for me, for example...

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
You definitely have a point. For instance, why does Timo Kotipelto subscribe to the billing? If you go to Wacken two years in a row, you're guaranteed to encounter 10-or-so of the bands again the following year. JBO, Kotipelto, Children of Bodom, Destruction, Saxon, Unleashed, Hypocrisy, Amon Amarth and Cannibal Corpse have all played twice the last three years, and probably a few more bands too.

It's not a huge problem, I'd say, but of course I'd rather they'd ditch a few of the staples for some fresh blood. Then, again, I really want to catch Sodom at WOA. Mainly it's Timo Kotipelto personally that I don't like.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
WACKY schrieb:
Hehe, I'm not talking about melodic hard rock only, as you suppose...

I'd like to see bands that never played in Wacken , i don't know, ...Flotsam and Jetsam, Queensryche, Hellfueled, Scanner , Lacrimosa, Shy, TNT ,
Alice Cooper, Shadow Gallery, Symphony X, TNT, Cinderella,Within Temptation, Ozzy Osbourne, Manowar, Steve Vai,Def Leppard, Stryper, or extreme bands, it's the same ...you understand me...

There are thousand options, not only the same old bands...

Accept is a very good new for me, for example...

I think a lot of those bands were just wishy washy in their day.. like Flotsam and Jetsam *yawn*, what have Cinderella done recently? Within Temptation - so don't fit the metal image and boring live IMO, Lacrimosa - gothic, don't fit Wacken and play festivals like Zillo and Mera Luna.

You forget that there are 30,000 people who go to wacken so maybe the change in format you describe will not be appreciated. It can't be that band if 30,000 show up every year from around the world.

Plus those 'same old bands' (they dont' play every year) play Wacken because they're still working, still producing NEW material and paying their dues touring rather than living off past glories. Most of the bands you have mentioned do not. :rolleyes:

Plus if metal fans want to see those bands, they can go to Sweden Rock and Bang Your Head... why should Wacken copy those festivals? Honestly, if you don't like its format, don't go. Very simple. Go to one of the other festivals.

yes, but see Mugabe for 50% of people who don't like Kotipelto, there are 50% who do...and that's what makes Wacken awesome IMO. I can hang out with people like you, but still enjoy the metal I like (Ok, so Kotipelto solo is not so metal, but he has Strato history).

WACKY

7 Nov. 2004
Bands that I say are still playing, but well ...I don't want a brutal change, only new names, not the same bands every years. Queensryche never played, Manowar neither , Def Leppard neither, Yngwie Malmsteen neither...they are all in " active".

Primal Fear have been playing in Wacken 4 times in 5-6 years , Saxon too , people who go to wacken need to see different bands, I think , not always the same.

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Brat schrieb:
yes, but see Mugabe for 50% of people who don't like Kotipelto, there are 50% who do...and that's what makes Wacken awesome IMO. I can hang out with people like you, but still enjoy the metal I like (Ok, so Kotipelto solo is not so metal, but he has Strato history).
I'm only half serious about the finn. Actually I'm a bit annoyed at missing him this year, since we had explicitly noted "Go laugh at Kotipelto" in our programmes. Hope he'll be back next year. :)

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
WACKY schrieb:
Bands that I say are still playing, but well ...I don't want a brutal change, only new names, not the same bands every years. Queensryche never played, Manowar neither , Def Leppard neither, Yngwie Malmsteen neither...they are all in " active".

Primal Fear have been playing in Wacken 4 times in 5-6 years , Saxon too , people who go to wacken need to see different bands, I think , not always the same.
and who is going to pay for Manowar and Queensryche? I guess Yngwie is quite expensive too. Can't say anything about Def Leppard (except that I am not sure if they "belong" to Wacken).
The tickets are getting more and more expensive each year anyway; I'm not sure if bands like Queensryche and Manowar wouldn't be the reason for another price change (legitimate or not).

Saxon came to WOA 2003 only for a promotional show, don't forget that...and their manager or whatever he is is also organising the WOA festival.

If you have any suggestions, just post them in the right forum section and hope that someone reads them...

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
mugabe schrieb:
I'm only half serious about the finn. Actually I'm a bit annoyed at missing him this year, since we had explicitly noted "Go laugh at Kotipelto" in our programmes. Hope he'll be back next year. :)

In my programm I had "Go laugh at Helloween" instead, and holy shit, it was a good laugh! :D

WACKY

7 Nov. 2004
Kate McGee schrieb:
and who is going to pay for Manowar and Queensryche? I guess Yngwie is quite expensive too. Can't say anything about Def Leppard (except that I am not sure if they "belong" to Wacken).
The tickets are getting more and more expensive each year anyway; I'm not sure if bands like Queensryche and Manowar wouldn't be the reason for another price change (legitimate or not).

Saxon came to WOA 2003 only for a promotional show, don't forget that...and their manager or whatever he is is also organising the WOA festival.

If you have any suggestions, just post them in the right forum section and hope that someone reads them...

I prefer to pay 100 euros , but with good names, as 70 with Saxon again...

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
I think this is what people expect from Wacken. It is meant to be true metal festival. Lots of people digs on it :D ....:D:D:D Sorry well I wanted to say that there are still people that likes soft metal, and bands like for example Libido airbag , which is grind+techno or Cock and Ball torture would rip their head off. You need openminded people to experiment with. :D