Discover new and exciting bands vs seeing the same (amazing) bands you've seen a number of times B4

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Discover new and exciting bands vs seeing the same (amazing) bands you've seen a number of times B4

• Watch bands you know are great and have seen before to be sure of an amazing time

Stimmen: 3 60,0%
  • Watch new & exciting bands, hoping to be amazed but knowingly skipping amazing bands you've seen B4

Stimmen: 2 40,0%

• Umfrageteilnehmer

PBear

17 Juli 2013
19:30 - 20:15 WOLFHEART
21:00 - 22:00 SERENITY
23:00 - 00:00 OMNIUM GATHERUM

These 3 bands, which are now scheduled for the Wackinger Stage om Saturday, really need to be moved to a different day or time-slot. There are too many amazing bands on the main stages at those times and I REALLY wanted to see these 3. Although I've seen Amon Amarth, Alice Cooper and Avantasia many times now, they still are fantastic Main Event acts which I look forward to see again.

However besides watching these great well-known artists perform on Wacken again, one of the other "Main Events" for me each year is discovering new bands and these 3 definitely are my 3 favourite new bands I've discovered thusfar.

I realise that they planned this probably so that Melodic Death Metal fans could go to see Wolfheart, then Amon Amarth and then Omnium as they follow each other very nicely. And that Power Metal / Rock fans could do the opposite with Alice, Serenity and Avantasia, but for me this is a disaster as I love both genres and wanted to see them all play live..

Since my please to have these time-slots moved will probably not result in any changes due to the fact that they are completely different genres, I'm afraid I will have to make even difficult choices again this year then in previous years..

I was just curious on how the majority here solves these kinds of problems... What do you guys mostly do? Watch bands you know are great and have seen before to be sure of an amazing time or go to watch new and exciting bands you have never seen before, hoping to be amazed but knowingly skipping amazing shows from bands you've seen a number of times before..

smi

W:O:A Metalhead
14 Juli 2011
Schleswig-Holstein
Set priorities:
- Not / seldom / often seen
- Love / Like
- How often are they in Germany/Europe?
- Is there an other gig (solo or festival) that a can see?
- How much cost a solo gig
- Special conditions: Reunion, Special show, Farewall tour

Highst prio: Bands i love!
Rest: Large bands, never seens artists and special shows.

smi