Diamond Head @ Wacken info...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
I didn't see this anywhere else in the forum, so I thought I'd post it here, for all who are interested. This comes from www.blabbermouth.net:

DIAMOND HEAD, TYGERS OF PAN TANG Members To Team Up For Special WACKEN Performance - July 14, 2003

Members of DIAMOND HEAD and TYGERS OF PAN TANG will team up to perform a one-hour set at this year's Wacken Open Air festival, scheduled to take place Jul. 31-Aug. 2, 2003 in Wacken, Germany. The all-star quintet — consisting of Brian Tatler (guitar), Karl Wilcox (drums), Eddie Chaos (bass), Floyd Brennan (guitar), Jess Cox (vocals) — will play songs from both the DIAMOND HEAD and TYGERS OF PAN TANG repertoire and are due on the "True Metal" stage at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, August 1.

DIAMOND HEAD were originally announced as one of the bands appearing at this year's Wacken festival but ended up withdrawing from the event. "Unfortunately, the Wacken web site chose to advertise the band's appearance in advance of any confirmation," the group said in their official newsletter. "This has not changed and their web site continues to be misleading."

DIAMOND HEAD recently completed work on their first full album of new songs since 1993's "Death & Progress" and are currently looking to secure the right deal to ensure that the album is given the best marketing, promotion and distribution possible.

The as-yet-untitled CD — which was recorded at recorded at Mad Hat Studios in Wolverhampton, England with producer/engineer producer Andrew Scarth — is being described by vocalist Sean Harris as "the best time we have had in the studio since the first album, great songs all of equal quality, lots of love and attitude."

PsychicVeteran

Originally posted by Warthog
I didn't see this anywhere else in the forum, so I thought I'd post it here, for all who are interested. This comes from www.blabbermouth.net:

DIAMOND HEAD, TYGERS OF PAN TANG Members To Team Up For Special WACKEN Performance - July 14, 2003

Members of DIAMOND HEAD and TYGERS OF PAN TANG will team up to perform a one-hour set at this year's Wacken Open Air festival, scheduled to take place Jul. 31-Aug. 2, 2003 in Wacken, Germany. The all-star quintet — consisting of Brian Tatler (guitar), Karl Wilcox (drums), Eddie Chaos (bass), Floyd Brennan (guitar), Jess Cox (vocals) — will play songs from both the DIAMOND HEAD and TYGERS OF PAN TANG repertoire and are due on the "True Metal" stage at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, August 1.

DIAMOND HEAD were originally announced as one of the bands appearing at this year's Wacken festival but ended up withdrawing from the event. "Unfortunately, the Wacken web site chose to advertise the band's appearance in advance of any confirmation," the group said in their official newsletter. "This has not changed and their web site continues to be misleading."

DIAMOND HEAD recently completed work on their first full album of new songs since 1993's "Death & Progress" and are currently looking to secure the right deal to ensure that the album is given the best marketing, promotion and distribution possible.

The as-yet-untitled CD — which was recorded at recorded at Mad Hat Studios in Wolverhampton, England with producer/engineer producer Andrew Scarth — is being described by vocalist Sean Harris as "the best time we have had in the studio since the first album, great songs all of equal quality, lots of love and attitude."

It's in the German Forum and I'm pretty pleased about it - best of both worlds :D

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Originally posted by Schlossvippach
yet another band i don´t know, perhaps because i´m too young... but my brother told me that diamond head were one of james hetfields and lars ulrichs favors when they were young, is that true...

In fact, Metallica has recorded 4 Diamond Head covers: Helpless, The Prince, Am I Evil and It's Electric

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Sodomy&Lust
In fact, Metallica has recorded 4 Diamond Head covers: Helpless, The Prince, Am I Evil and It's Electric

As well as an early demo recording of "Sucking My Love" (just the first part without the gay "faster, faster" interlude :D). All they need now is "Sweet & Innocent" and "Lightning to the Nations" and they will have covered that whole album! :D

@Schloss - Diamond Head was the band that originally inspired Lars Ulrich to get a band going, after he spent some time in England hanging out with the band in '80 or '81, I think. They were a great band who petered out way too quickly... :(

Though that reunion album from a few years back was pretty smokin'!

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
I think it's interesting that Sean Harris isn't singing...why Jess Cox?

The past few years, the New Jersey Metalfest here has been importing NWOBHM bands to do reunion sets. The one year I went, they had Savage and Holocaust (who both slayed, actually). One year that Blitzkrieg played, Brian Ross sang some songs and Jess Cox sang others. WTF? I know he was behind the whole revival of Neat Records, and for that he has my gratitude, but he was never the most exciting singer...

PsychicVeteran

Originally posted by Warthog
I think it's interesting that Sean Harris isn't singing...why Jess Cox?

The past few years, the New Jersey Metalfest here has been importing NWOBHM bands to do reunion sets. The one year I went, they had Savage and Holocaust (who both slayed, actually). One year that Blitzkrieg played, Brian Ross sang some songs and Jess Cox sang others. WTF? I know he was behind the whole revival of Neat Records, and for that he has my gratitude, but he was never the most exciting singer...

I guess it's a connections thing - he might have been something to do with DH and Wacken getting together - the most charismatic guy on stage he isn't - but what the hell? ;)