Der arme Beadi, jetzt wird er NOCH trauriger!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

TALKHEAVY

W:O:A Metalgod
We’d better put this out in the open before you hear it somewhere else.

The title of the new album is ”The Funeral Album”, and with it we, SENTENCED, are coming to the end of our road. This album will be our last one.

The decision is mutual, thoroughly thought over and final.

Metaphorically speaking, this is a mass suicide of 5, and the new album is the kind of note we want to leave behind. One last time around for good-byes.

The decision was made during 2004. The reasons are many, and I don’t feel any need to go into details here. I will say however, that everyone will walk away as friends. In my eyes we are even not splitting up, but ending our recording career together. And there is major difference between those two. Our wish was always to go out with style and at the peak of our so called success. I think with ”The Funeral Album” we will do exactly that.

Once the album is released, there will be an undefined number of farewell shows. When, where and how many, those are questions that at this point remain open. Intense and long touring, however, will unfortunately not follow, and most of these shows will take place on festivals where we can reach as much people as possible at one time. At the moment it seems that all of these funeral shows will be in Europe.

If everything goes as planned, we will also make a live-DVD out of those last shows and include a lot of stuff from the past on it. Not to mention all the music-videos we have done during the years. The working title for the DVD is ”Buried Alive”.

After that SENTENCED is no more.

And: THIS IS IT. There will not be a re-union, come-back, or any other pathetic and soap-operish circus that seems to be in fashion these days. SENTENCED will rest in peace.

We will make the most out of the band’s last year, and hope you will all join us.

See you on the last run.
/Lopakka & SENTENCED

Zum neuen Album:

SENTENCED (01-28-05) - http://http://www.sentenced.org

Finally details start to unfold about SENTENCED's upcoming, yet untitled album which will hit Europe end of May 2005. Guitarist Sami Lopakka took the time to summarize events from the recording and can reveal the following about their new masterpiece:

"After spending about 2 months in different studios the new album is finally finished. Its total running time is 49:53 and the following titles are included:

1. May Today Become the Day
2. Ever-Frost
3. We Are But Falling Leaves
4. Her Last 5 Minutes
5. Where Waters Fall Frozen
6. Despair-Ridden Hearts
7. Vengeance Is Mine
8. A Long Way To Nowhere
9. Consider Us Dead
10. Lower The Flags
11. Drain Me
12. Karu
13. End Of The Road.

The album was recorded mainly at Finnvox and Tonebox studios (both in Finland), and mixed & mastered at Finnvox. The man on the producer chair was again Hiili Hiilesmaa, who also produced our 2 previous albums Crimson and The Cold White Light.

What you can expect is a wide variation of different kinds of songs, and for sure some surprises. In addition to the traditional instruments we used everything from scissors, zippers, compressed air and spoons to harmonicas and a children choir... but do not worry: as far as I can tell we have managed to maintain a sense of style.

The general feel and overall sound are more aggressive than on our latest few albums, but there are also songs that are based more on emotion and atmosphere. Lyrical themes include death (surprise, surprise?), loss, love, unity, disappointment and revenge, but only to start with. Overall there's perhaps more depth in the lyrics, as well as in the music, than ever before. I think some, if not all songs will definitely take a dozen spins before fully "opening" to the listener.

Well, enough words. This was the most intense, stressful, emotional and rewarding album session I have ever gone through. We are proud of what we have done and eager to hand it over to you for listening. That will be in May.

Until then, take care."

Sami Lopakka/SENTENCED www.sentenced.org