Concert reviews in brief

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Scorpions. Only stayed for two hours, so I didn't get to hear any of my (two) favourite songs. Rather boring, really.

Mambo Kurt. Too large crowd, so you couldn't really see the guy.

Danko Jones. Great entertainer, especially when he explained his wearing an eyepatch: "You know, I lost this eye by jerking off, and I'm gonna keep doing it until the other one goes out as well!"

In Extremo. Saw the first three songs, and got to hear "Spielmannsfluch", so I'm pretty satisfied. Largest crowd I've ever seen at Wacken. Took like 10 minutes to get out.

Carnivore. Good and funny concert. They were almost too good musicians to be the Real Carnivore, though. Best intro ever.

Celtic Frost. Heavy. Really Heavy. Heavy like a really heavy thing. And also satanic. Brilliant. Unh!

Ministry. In-your-fucking-face relentless from start to end. Magnificent. Best concert I've attended.

Motorhead. Run-of-the-mill Motorhead show. No "Orgasmatron", though. Shut the fuck up, Pete!

Huldran

29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
I guess, I'll never get that far as to edit my "long and emotional report" (that I mentioned in another thread) to an appropriate form... :o ...so I think I'll join this thread and make a summary too:

Transilvanian Beat Club: something I was looking forward to - and it was 100% worth! If you’re looking for some utterly crazy party music (German style, like Tankard), then TBC is the right choice! Crazy, and I mean crazy… and Yantit as a frontman is better than I had thought… oh well.

Wintersun: I could never get whether this band is an Ensiferum clone or not? So similar in style... not bad tho.

Legion of the Damned: solid - fast - aggressive. They rocked... too bad their set was 45 minutes only.

In Extremo: better than I had expected (being sort of disappointed with their later albums). During "Villeman", I couldn’t help wondering how different a song may sound, when performed by different bands! [I mean the more-known-to-me Storm version :)].

Carnivore: highly entertaining, and I didn't expect to hear the good ole "Jack Daniels and Pizza" thing!! High five! :p

Celtic Frost: another one I was looking forward to [since they had cancelled their appearance at RHOA this year]. Heavy - groovy - dark - GREAT!

Amon Amarth: best show of this WOA i.m.o. And the viking-show in the middle of their set... just WOW. BEST!!!!!

Victims of Madness: ...what can I say? You gotta SEE that to understand. The last "song" ("dedicated" to Tokio Hotel???) was just genial. All hail VoM!!! :D

Morbid Angel: yet another absolutely killer set. Fucking enormous... nothing more to say, really.

Suidakra: although they're Germans, they do not sound like your typical German power metal band – more like Finns, but that's just my impression. And even though Power isn’t exactly my cup of tea, this set was worth!

Whitesnake: in my outprint of the RO, I had put a question mark against it – but decided to go and see them anyway. And it gave me a strong nostalgic feeling… the 80’s. Enough said.

Emperor: an absolutely great reunion, impressive pyro-show, and a fucking fine set... ruined by the sound technicians :mad:. The sound sucked ass - plain and simple.

Motorhead: now THERE was the largest crowd I've seen @WOA. ;) Though I can only agree with Mugabe about the "run-of-the-mill show" thing.

Finntroll: ass-kicking, entertaining, funny... decent ending of a great event. :cool:

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
mugabe schrieb:
Scorpions. Only stayed for two hours, so I didn't get to hear any of my (two) favourite songs. Rather boring, really.

Mambo Kurt. Too large crowd, so you couldn't really see the guy.

Danko Jones. Great entertainer, especially when he explained his wearing an eyepatch: "You know, I lost this eye by jerking off, and I'm gonna keep doing it until the other one goes out as well!"

In Extremo. Saw the first three songs, and got to hear "Spielmannsfluch", so I'm pretty satisfied. Largest crowd I've ever seen at Wacken. Took like 10 minutes to get out.

Carnivore. Good and funny concert. They were almost too good musicians to be the Real Carnivore, though. Best intro ever.

Celtic Frost. Heavy. Really Heavy. Heavy like a really heavy thing. And also satanic. Brilliant. Unh!

Ministry. In-your-fucking-face relentless from start to end. Magnificent. Best concert I've attended.

Motorhead. Run-of-the-mill Motorhead show. No "Orgasmatron", though. Shut the fuck up, Pete!

nothing to add. Seems I've seen exactly the same bands, except Motörhead and In Extremo. :eek:
Oh, I've actually seen the forum band which was pretty funny, much better than expected. Bollzeck "Ozzy" & Jrisno on stage ruled so much :D

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Lucretia schrieb:
Oh, I've actually seen the forum band which was pretty funny, much better than expected. Bollzeck "Ozzy" & Jrisno on stage ruled so much :D
I would have gone to seen them, only the forum camp was so peaceful at the time that I didn't want to leave. After the gig all hell broke loose again.