Coming from USA

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
5 Feb. 2003
USA
Website besuchen
Me and a friend will be coming from the USA. Our first time to anywhere outside of USA (except for mexico:)) So do you guys have any tips for us? Like what to bring, what to expect? Also any information you guys can give about camping at Wacken will be very helpful!

THANKS!

5 Feb. 2003
USA
Website besuchen
hows the food situation? like are tere going to be places to buy food or a supermarket or anything nearby? I imagine there'd have to be like food stands and what not. But on average, how much money do you spend on food/drinks for the weekend?

Food situation: Good, if you like pizza, burgers, fries and those ugly german sausages :D:D:D
Places to buy food: Yes, plenty...
Supermarket: Yes, at the camp and several in a little city called Wacken :D
Food stands: Again... PLENTY :p
How much money do you spend on food/drinks for the weekend: :eek:WOAww... depends on how much you are planning to drink, eat and so on... There are loads of small shops at the festival area selling; jewellery, clothes, records and more or less useless things :D

Home page festival: http://www.wacken-open-air.de/
Home page city: http://wacken.de/

Check those pages... it will answer all your questions... probably :)

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Hell yeah! More Yanks at Wacken! I'm coming from Maryland (with two friends), and there's a few others on this board...LooseCannon's from Baltimore, szandekh's from Georgia, metal71 (I think?) is from Vegas, and I think there's others.

Anyhoodiddly, I'm working on this page, for Americans going to Wacken:

http://www.maccusweil.com/wacken

It's not done yet, but at least you get an idea of where I'm going. Soon to have a message board and other nifty stuff.

5 Feb. 2003
USA
Website besuchen
thanks for all the info. that website is good Warthog, I like the checklist. It had things I didnt even think about.

Heres another question for you guys. I dont know ANY german, how hard is the laguage barrier going to be for me? or do many people in wacken speak english as well?

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Not bad at all - almost all Germans seem to speak at least some English, and many speak it very well. Truth be told, I had an easier time understanding most Germans than some of the Brits and Scots I was hanging out with, lol.

I'd think about taking a quickie German course at a community college or something like that if you get the chance. I mean, if you're gonna be in Germany, it's only polite to try and learn some German, you know?

thanks for the comments about the site! Let me know if there's any other info you'd like to see there...I'm trying to build it up.

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Warthog

Anyhoodiddly, I'm working on this page, for Americans going to Wacken:

http://www.maccusweil.com/wacken

It's not done yet, but at least you get an idea of where I'm going. Soon to have a message board and other nifty stuff.

Cool idea!
But you are making me scared, I was already 6 times at Wacken and never brought all that stuff you are recommending *ggg* ;)

Morgenurin

25 Nov. 2001
SAARDIST
www.tbautz.de

Sista, your mailbox is full.
But I can say it here :)
None of them is into metal, but that's no prob because at WOA and the forum parties there will be no one picking on my nerves hehehehe

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Re:

Originally posted by Morgenurin
Sista, your mailbox is full.
But I can say it here :)
None of them is into metal, but that's no prob because at WOA and the forum parties there will be no one picking on my nerves hehehehe

who is not into metal? :confused:
And my mailbox is empty again :)