Cheering for murder? (Emperor)

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von odog502, 04. Juni 2014.

1. odog502

odog502 Newbie

Does anyone else have a problem with Faust being back in Emperor for their Wacken performance? While I was at first looking forward to see Emperor perform I don't think I can cheer for a guy that killed a man simply because the victim was gay. Also, It seems contradictory to have "Metalheads Against Racism" emblazoned on the main Wacken page(preaching tolerance) and at the same time have a headliner that murdered a gay man on impulse.

While Im aware that Emperor as a whole have a colorful criminal history, I consider unprovoked murder to be on a different level as arson.

Is Faust getting special treatment in the eyes of the fans simply because he was on "Nightside Eclipse". Would everyone still be chanting "Em-per-or!" if they put Anders Behring Breivik on bass?

2. EvilJay

EvilJay W:O:A Metalmaster

In German forum we had this discussion, too.
    For me it would be a problem. But a lot of people used "but the music is great" as an argument, which is totally crap.

I really think that the people from woa do not care about it, because Emperor guarantees that many people visit the festival. It is all about the profits.

3. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

I say one name: Frei.Wild.
    I rest my case.

4. tempestas

tempestas W:O:A Metalhead

Please enlighten me: Have Frei.Wild band members ever killed someone?

Anyways, naming other bands appears as a distraction from the more than valid general question.

It indeed feels strange to have a convicted murderer on stage with thousands cheering. Appears not to be a very clever decision and it is totally contradictory to anything Wacken claims to be/stand for.

I rest my case.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 05. Juni 2014
  5. ThunderZtorm

ThunderZtorm Member

6. Zombi

Zombi W:O:A Metalmaster

eh I still see people wearing Burzum shirts/patches... some people just don't care I guess...

7. Milkie

Milkie W:O:A Metalmaster

But does it make you a bad person if you listen to a band that has a member that has murdered someone?

8. Zombi

Zombi W:O:A Metalmaster

eh, grey area? there's a difference between listening to a band/admiring their music and supporting them by going to shows, buying their stuff...

9. Milkie

Milkie W:O:A Metalmaster

Yeah. I don't really know what to think of that topic. But also I think if he still continued being nutcase he wouldn't be in Emperor anymore. I don't know.

10. Sire

Sire W:O:A Metalhead

Well I've got a Burzum Patch (Hvis Lyset Tar Oss) too, but i would never go to a show of them because of Varg Vikernes.
    I love the old burzum because of the music and atmosphere but i think that Varg is a dumbass.
    I don't glorify him or his views but respect the influence Burzum has on the Black metal scene.

Well that Faust is on Stage is a point i dont really like.
    Guess i should check out the german discussion too

11. decembersoul

decembersoul W:O:A Metalhead

the first convicted for murder who played at wacken was Dissection.

12. MetalWack

MetalWack Newbie

It´s a shame. They should not be allowed to play @ woa. It´s not "only" he killed a guy (which should be reason enough), he also represents a homophobic mind

Diese Seite empfehlen