camping out

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

bdcybergoth

17 Mai 2004
Canada
Website besuchen
hey... just wondering if anyone can give me a rough description of the camping situation. dude i know told me that it's really choatic and now i'm afraid. it's not that surprising that it'll be choatic but how choatic are we talking about?

LEX

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Juni 2004
Mpls. MN USA
www.myspace.com
it's a huge pasture filled with tents and cars. there is a little order as the field is split by fences/ roadways and assigned letters, but not much. every area has biffs (which are nasty and usually tp-less) and there are a couple areas with nice pay pottys and showers as well as snack/beer stands with a few picnick tables. There is not electricity for campers and few lights so bring a flashlight and if you remember where you put your tent after the show you'll be all good!
Oh yeah, the party goes ALL night so if you actually want to sleep or need somplace quiet you can find a spot in the quieter NO CAR section or WAY in the back

Fyodor

W:O:A Metalmaster
2 Juni 2003
If go have a car, and you leave the campground with the car during the festival for some reason (buying more beer than you can carry, e.g.) don't forget to to secure your parking space against new arrivals. The best is to have a friend waiting for you to return with an automatic shotgun by his hand. Otherwise you have to find another parking space. That's the only thing to worry about. Oh, and keep clear of the "roads". When they come with their trucks to empty the Dixies, your tent is in their way and you are not near by, they will put it by the side.... not very carefully.

It's not more or less chaotic than anywhere else on a huge campground. Remember where your tent is, that's the most important thing ;).

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
I mean this is totally useless, I never cared about camping. I dont even care how I will spend night in another city, when I miss the last bus/train home.... :D:D:D WellThe spirit is to sleep where your body fall :D My friends on obscene came just with sleeping bags...why the fuck should people care about tents ?:D:D:D

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Originally posted by bdcybergoth
hey... just wondering if anyone can give me a rough description of the camping situation. dude i know told me that it's really choatic and now i'm afraid. it's not that surprising that it'll be choatic but how choatic are we talking about?

actually. you know it is VERY Chaotic.. in fact, several people die each year fighting for good camping space. people are always taking shits/pissing on your tents and it's just one brutal punch up after the next, there's also people sacrificing lambs, having wild orgies on the roads and if you smile that's you pretty much fucked. and you're forced to drink whisky through a beer bong and snort cocain, if you don't, you get beaten up. oh..and it smells bad.

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
Re: Re: camping out

Originally posted by Zombi
actually. you know it is VERY Chaotic.. in fact, several people die each year fighting for good camping space. people are always taking shits/pissing on your tents and it's just one brutal punch up after the next, there's also people sacrificing lambs, having wild orgies on the roads and if you smile that's you pretty much fucked. and you're forced to drink whisky through a beer bong and snort cocain, if you don't, you get beaten up. oh..and it smells bad.
.....and a shortage of beer :(

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
Originally posted by Carpathian_Wolf
Are cybergoths actually allowed in wacken ????? beep beep music seems their liking
and kerry king announced to the wacken world he was gay, then on came Halford.....

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Originally posted by bdcybergoth

it's a bunch of drunkel metal heads, it can get a bit wild.

But haven't seen any real fighting, not to much puking on tents, no fires.

If you're sensitive to noise when you want to sleep, it might be a bit tricky, but hell, who needs to sleep at Wacken when there's beer?

Just try to avoid walking around in the dark without a flash light, you might fall down a huge ditch with mud, like my friend did...

Or trip over tent poles and crap.

Blizz

20 Juli 2004
Seattle, WA, USA
www.blizzardbeast.com
Camping is the only way to go at Wacken. This is my 5th year at Wacken. The first two years we camped in the main campground and the last two years we camped in the VIP campground.

This year we have this beer cooler that will hold 200 beers or maybe even more.

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Re: Re: camping out

Originally posted by Zombi

...and then poor little Zombi realized it was all a dream...