Camping information

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

fredhero

27 Juni 2004
Los Angeles
Website besuchen
I'm making my first trip wo Wacken this year and I wanted to know if the camping was seperated for people with vehicles and those without? How exactly set up? Any advise for the first timer? Is the party better in Itzehoe or amping at Wacken? I assume the later. Thanks for any help. Looking forward to WOA.

ozzyzak

27 März 2004
Hey man, no advice....I'm actually looking for some information on this as well. Do you basically just find a clear spot an drop there or what?

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
OK, second try. I'll make it a bit shorter this time.

- Yes, the campground is separated into an area for people without cars and an are for those who have cars etc.

- There must be a map of the whole festival/camping area somewhere on this website, I guess it's in the downloads section.

- Advice: DO NOT FORGET YOUR TICKET.
Just bring along the usual camping stuff, tent, mat, sleeping bag, clothes, food if possible/if you want to save money.
If you can't bring enough food with you, you can buy everything in one of the supermarkets in the village of Wacken and there's also a mini-market on the festival area.
You can get stuff like burgers, doner kebab (hello Dotti :D), chinese noodles, grilled meat etc on the festival area. But you have to pay that, of course. Might be a bit expensive.
BBQ is allowed on the campground.
Glass bottles are still allowed, too, as far as I know, but they don't really want you to bring them along. If you have glass with you, try not to break it or throw broken glass away immediately (you get large plastic bags for that) as they'd never be able to clean up the meadows completely. Do them a favour and try to keep the camping area clean. That's my opinion. Not everybody does that.
When you're not at the campground, leave important/expensive things inside your car if you have one. If you don't, you can use one of the lockers (new feature this year, don't know much about that yet, will cost some euros). Usually there are no thieves in Wacken, but you never know. You'd better not leave important stuff (flight tickets?!) in your tent when you're away.
Take enough money with you. You can get money at the bank in the village, but you'll have to wait for hours if you're not lucky.

- Why pay extra money for staying at a hotel in Itzehoe when camping in Wacken is included in the ticket price? Wacken is the place where you can party 24 hours a day, camping is free, you always meet nice people and it's directly at the festival area, whereas Itzehoe...well...just come to Wacken and camp there and you'll find out that it was a good decision.

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
Originally posted by ozzyzak
Hey man, no advice....I'm actually looking for some information on this as well. Do you basically just find a clear spot an drop there or what?
I've been there twice, and we always came there with our cars. I don't know how it works when you come without a car, but it can't be that different.
You drive to Wacken, and at the entrance to the camping/festival area they check that everybody in the car has their tickets. Next, you are directed to another checkpoint where you have to pay the parking fee (20 euro) for your car. You also get a sticker that you are supposed to put onto your car so that they know you have paid, but they never killed us for just leaving it inside the car under the windshield.
Then you are directed to one of the campgrounds that isn't full yet, you park your car there, get out your tents, open your first can/bottle of beer and that's it :)

Next, find out where the toilets closest to your campground are. And maybe the shower camp, if you want to be untrue :p

You should then go to the place where they exchange your tickets for the wristbands. This is close to the entrance to the actual festival area. Next to that place you can also have a look at the festival T-shirts, buy a festival program (there's a map of the whole area in it as well as information about the bands), buy some food or drinks,...and, as I said, this is directly at the entrance to the festival area, so, depending on when you arrive, keep in mind how to get to that point or just have a look at the festival area if it's already open (doors open Thursday afternoon or so).

If you have any problems, simply ask the staff or any of the visitors if they can help you.

LEX

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Juni 2004
Mpls. MN USA
www.myspace.com
there is an area where no cars are allowed otherwise it's all mixed. There are some areas reserved for groups but besides that you can camp anyplace you find a spot. It gets crowded but it's fun. Remember a flashlight because a lot of the campgrounds are very dark at night and they frown on fires.

Hammered_gods

W:O:A Metalmaster
5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
Hahaha you know what, I allways remmember in these threads, how I imagined my first Obscene festival. I thought that it is gonna be small czech boring festival and in the end I couldnt even talk with somebody cause my english was on school level (which means that you talk worse than small children) :D:D:DWell I am glad that I went one month after it to USA. But I dont know for sure if I learned something, cause when some annoying german idiot asked me, if I know something else than "fuck you" so I answered him "fuck you" :D:D:D

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Kate McGee
... buy a festival program (there's a map of the whole area in it as well as information about the bands)...

true - but don´t expect to be able to understand it, cos most info in those programs is only in German :rolleyes:

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
Originally posted by Lucretia
true - but don´t expect to be able to understand it, cos most info in those programs is only in German :rolleyes:
yeah, but the running order is kinda international
and if there's anything you don't understand but you feel that it might important: just ask somebody - most people at WOA have at least a fragmentary knowledge of English. I guess that will be OK.