bored and sober

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

szandekh

16 Apr. 2002
Dacula, GA, USA
www.geocities.com
damn, it seems like no one is here during my active hours!! :( :(

while im sitting here, i might as well take the opportunity to talk about blind guardians 'new' album.. i bought it a week or so ago, and i have to say that while i do like blind guardian, i couldnt help but say what the fuck?? all i heard about the cd was how cool it was, but apart from hansii's always-good vocals, the rest of the album was downright disappointing for me. compared to nightfall ,which i LOVE, this album is just sad.. nightfall flowed like a wonderful story, but this album just sounds like a thousand random guitar bends with some kind of goofy effect. i listened to the album about 5 times, and after that i just wanted to listen to gorgoroth and marduk for a while. the only good tracks, in my opinion, were number 10 (and then there was silence) and the bonus track (mies del dolor/harvest of sorrow). other than this, none of the tracks really had the groove down like 'mirror mirror' or 'blood tears'. i havent heard much older blind guardian, but i expected the new album to be an epic masterpiece, like nightfall. all in all a quite unpleasant disappointment.

anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
"A night at the opera" sucks :mad:
I won't see Blind Guardian at WOA, so I don't really care.

Poor Szandekh!! If you are bored here spam in the spamming threads of the german forum (forum spiel and forum spiel 2, you don't need to know german :) ), it's what I used to do some time ago.

Metal Pede

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Nov. 2001
Denmark
Hey!

I thought the new Blind Guardian was dissapointing too...BUT if you give it a few more listenings it starts to grow on you. It's a very complex album, and it's not the kind of album you sing along with after just two or three listenings but give it another chance.

By the way; I personally still prefer the four first albums. More speed-Metal and way more aggressive....

Nanostorm

30 Juni 2002
Trondheim, Norway
Website besuchen
Have to agree with metal-pede, the album definately grows on you (like a fungus , he he) and even if I was a bit dissapointed at first I enjoy it now, but hell.... it can't be easy following up a masterpiece like nightfall..

My meaning: "Somewhere far beyond" is still number one! (hey rhyme!!!)

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
"ond" and "one" is supposed to rhyme? how drunk are ya, brother? ;):D:D:D;)

*backslaps Nanostrom for being so fucking shitfaced* :D

*slaps him for becoming one of us*

but congrats, anyway ;):D

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
phew.... glad NOT to live in your world!!! I'd probably have to listen to the Blinde Gardinen there every day, huh? *shudders*

no thank you! I'll just rather slap ya around a lil :D:D:D

*slap slap slap* :)