Böhse Onkelz

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
8 März 2002
Reykjavik, Iceland
Website besuchen
so german dudes and dudettes... what's your opinion of this band?
I know they were skinheads in the 80's but they got a bit clearer in the head,

anyway I own the last 2 albums and Kneipenterroristen from '89 and I like them a lot, especially... ein böses Märcen
any more recommendations?

they played at WOA '98 or something, didn't they?

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
After seeing these guys' name pop up in half of the auctions on German eBay, I just had to check them out..."Terpentin" was the first song I got off Napster, and I was hooked. It's near impossible to find their CDs here (and even then, they go for the import price of $22 or worse), but I did get Ein Boses Marchen and Viva Los Tioz and thought they both rocked. I've since downloaded their whole discography (including the new one). With the exception of their skinhead stuff (which, like most WP/NS/fascist music I've heard, sounds like bad punk to me), I think they kick ass.

I understand they're huge in Germany, so I imagine that more than a few Deutschen are a little tired of hearing them!

Still, most of what little German I know, I've learned from B.O. lyrics!

Balrog

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Nov. 2001
Schaumburg o. FFM
Website besuchen
Well, these guys are actually my favs, although a wholelot of people don`t like them...but you should try to get some other songs and not those from the "Terpentin"-CD...this was the worst they ever did...;)

8 März 2002
Reykjavik, Iceland
Website besuchen
cool that an american digs BO( hmm... that abreviation has a strange connotation to it.. heheh)

I would just buy the albums in Germany( but actually this huge record store in Hamburg didn´t have them for some reason)

they are now in their forties and still rockin!

"Ich scheiss auf MTV un die anderen Sender auch!"

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
BO?!?!?

LOL! Yeah, BO's lack of popularity over here is probably due to the widespread availability of deodorant! :D

I was hoping to pick up some of their CDs at Wacken...as it was, the only ones I could find were the two I already had! urrgh!

One other American BO fan (heheh) I met called them the "German Metallica". Except I think the difference is that the Onkelz put out albums more than once every five years and their new stuff actually rocks! (god forbid..)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I heard that Böhse Onkelz sound sort of like Rammstein, is that correct?
Never heard them myself, but a friend of mine said he had some songs with them, are gonna copy them from him and give my opinion after :)

Wackianne

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Nov. 2001
Nijmegen
beam.to
Hmm, no, I don´t like Böhse Onkelz. In my eyes they praise themselves too much and in a too serious way; don´t know how to say it properly... Or they shout out how much they hate this or that :)
I wouldn´t compare them to Rammstein; I think, their music is quite different!

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
It seems I got it wrong, they didn't sound like Rammstien, thing was that they sang in German :)

I'm gonna listen to them anyways...
Get an opinion of my own :)