Black Metal

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Skygge

10 Juli 2002
Blashyrkh
www.calaquendi.tk
I love Black Metal... the bands I listen to the most must be Immortal, Tåke, Helheim, Troll, Finntroll and Summoning... I quite enjoy forms of epic black metal like Troll alot and I love the epic atmospheric black metal Summoning creates with their evil vocals , war drums and tolkien inspierd lyrics.

The rules where cool... acording to these rules i'm "true" as hell... and yes, I'm really from Norway, i'm not just pretendig to, hehe. I'm also from Hordaland, and a few hours ago I ran around in the forest with sticks and a torch in the darkness just because it was grim. The Forest is My Trone

Svartsinn

W:O:A Metalhead
10 Apr. 2002
Trondheim, Norway
www.svartsinn.com
AH...good old black metal...nothing like it my dear forum-colleagues.

I'm listening to a self made BM "compilation" at work now with bands such as:

Dark Throne (demons of grimness)
Mayhem (The True originators of Norwegian BM, still not the best)
Thorns (the old demo stuff kicks ass!)
Emperor (such brilliance...)
Ulver (underrated band, too bad they wanted to be "hip")
Isengard (very norse...)
Burzum (lord of darkness...)
Dødheimsgard (they too wanted to be "hip" it seems, ugh!)
Troll (I wonder who many has heard of "Drep De Kristne"...hehe)
Covenant (The first album is unique...)
Hades (Also very unique first album)
Immortal (The first album is quite different from the others)
Enslaved (Hordanes Land...unique)
Aeternus (the first two releases is more BM than the latest...)

Well, that's a bunch of old BM folks - too bad you lived anywhere but Norway around the real underground BM-period - it sure was something Wicked!

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
I´ve been listening to black metal since the beginning of 1999 when I bought "A Blaze in the Northern Sky". Darkthrone is probably my favourite bm band...

Svartsinn

10 Apr. 2002
Trondheim, Norway
www.svartsinn.com
Well...

Korgull: I think Marduk is a fucking great band...BUT, they can't be compared to the Grimness that reigns in my favourite BM bands. That's my opinion. And CoF was actually great on their first album "Principle of evil made flesh" back in '94...and people that prefer Korn before CoF are perhaps a bit off when BM is the discussion.

I started listening to BM back when "A Blaze In The Northern Sky was released" in '91, cuz that's when I knew what BM was. I had been listening to bands like Bathory before that, believing it to be Thrash. I was also a big fan of Death Metal and DT's "Soulside Journey" was death metal...and I believed that when I bought "A blaze..." I was going home to listen to a DM-album...somehow I read an Interview with DT and learned that it was called Black Metal now, it was really weird cuz the sound and atmosphere was totally different - it took me some time but after that I was blown away!

Skygge

10 Juli 2002
Blashyrkh
www.calaquendi.tk
Troll (I wonder who many has heard of "Drep De Kristne"...hehe)

Listening to it right now... Kristenhat. Quite an epic majestic intro to that song... this is how every metal band should use their keyboard

Yes Norway was great in the early 90s but nothing from Norway have ever beaten Marduk(only Darkthrone is near) if you ask me.

Yeah, I do remember the early 90's here in Norway, especialy since I live just a few houses from Olve(Abbath) of Immortal. I remember something about a cave that had been found near the ruins of Lysekloster in my home town. The cave turned out to be a hiding place where Varg Vikernes had been keeping weapons and other items... I was to young at that time to remember any details but I do remember all the talk about satanism and black metal in Norway

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Sorts

4 März 2002
Estonia
www.metal.ee
I like black metal lot.
My fave album is Immortal "Battles In The North"
My favourite band is Immortal.
Though it's not the purest form of black metal any more. I like Abbath's work be it black or not so black metal.
Mostly I like older style black metal.
Darkthrone, Ulver (old), Burzum, Carpathian Forest, Dissection etc.
Also some of the so called new wave
black metal bands are good like Finntroll.
Thats sad that some old bands are crap nowdays. Good example is Ulver.
They were GREAT! But not any more.
Even though changes in music are welcome but not like that.

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
I agree with sorts. I REALLY love early Ulver and I don't care about their recent albums,

My favorite black metal bands are:

Enslaved
Thorns
Emperor
Mayhem
...In the Woods (but only the ealry stuff can be considered black metal)
Dodheimsgard
Limbonic Art
Nokturnal Mortum
Immortal

And I also love Finntroll!!!!!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Svartsinn

10 Apr. 2002
Trondheim, Norway
www.svartsinn.com
Lysitanno:

Same here, old BM is more or less the only BM for me...there are some newer releases that I can dig, but sometimes I really wouldn't call them BM anymore. Like Susperia, they call themselves BM...but ARE they? Many bands have changed their style lately, but in fear of loosing ground they still call it BM...somehow I can sympathize, but changing style is an honest thing - why not admit it to themselves...like Dark Throne once did, changing from Death to Black metal - and proud of it too. Ok, so the times are different, so what? I also think bands such as Ulver should change their name after changing from underground type BM to ultra fuck off techno/trance-whatever-shit-music they make now. It's a rip off to people that buys a record cuz of the band name (a lot of people do) - I mean Ulver released 3 AMAZING albums and then they totally changed...I imagine hundreds of people bought the next album trusting they followed the "right" path...but nooooo sir...they fucked the Metal Scene completely. *angry yell!*

S.