bird flu?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Red

17 Jan. 2006
I don't think that our WOA is in any danger.
Okay, some politicians are talking about canceling the Football Worldcup, but nobody will do that.
And so for the WOA.
But if this Epidemic is going to infect birds in whole Germany and if it effets any human.... Maybe we will all be dayly disinfected. ;)

Stay cool and let this discussions calm down.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Red schrieb:
I don't think that our WOA is in any danger.
Okay, some politicians are talking about canceling the Football Worldcup, but nobody will do that.
And so for the WOA.
But if this Epidemic is going to infect birds in whole Germany and if it effets any human.... Maybe we will all be dayly disinfected. ;)

Stay cool and let this discussions calm down.

well this bird flu is more dangerous than food and mouth disease and buy august it may have spred all over europe...

xantia

W:O:A Metalmaster
25 Nov. 2001
Graz (Austria)
ah ... i think you won't get infected except you like to snog swans and chicks ;)
those people who have died because of the bird flu, were people who lived together closely with their animals! when have you fondled a dove or a chick lately? ;)
the bird flu wont be any danger for the woa, I'm sure!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
xantia schrieb:
ah ... i think you won't get infected except you like to snog swans and chicks ;)
those people who have died because of the bird flu, were people who lived together closely with their animals! when have you fondled a dove or a chick lately? ;)
the bird flu wont be any danger for the woa, I'm sure!
Neither did the mouth and foot-desease end 90's and yet as AP mentioned, the D:O:A (Dynamo) was cancelled, as they were afraid that people would carry the desease with them everywhere they went to, and contaminating the rest of Europe (the world).

And notice that a breeded turkey has now officially been diagnozed with bird's flu in a farm in France. As everyone comes from everywhere, it is possible!

But you're also right in another sense, we shouldn't be panicking right now, and stop the organization of W:O:A. This flu may now be in Schleswig Holstein, but it is not said that it'll be there in half a year! So, let the orga's do their job now, and we'll see in 5 month's time what they'll do (or don't)

Mr Hyde

6 Sep. 2004
agresionpower schrieb:
well this bird flu is more dangerous than food and mouth disease and buy august it may have spred all over europe...

define what and for whom it is dangerous:

first of all both foot and mouth disease (FMD) and bird flu are animal diseases. FMD ONLY affects animals, and humans can (at this time) only be infected by bird flu when living together with chickens and stuff under one roof under very bad hygenic conditions. so the main concern at the moment is the commercial bird stock, not humans, as the danger of humans becoming infected is very very theoretical and abstract at the moment.

but unlike FMD the main carrier for the flu are the wildlife birds themselves, not humans or anything we carry with us. so the danger of humans spreading the flu-virus is much less than it is/was in the case of FMD.

and btw: in august there will be no bird migration. that happens only in late winter and early spring and autumn (to my knowledge) which is the main reason why i think bird flu wont be that an issue anymore in august.

because of this i dont think we will see the WOA being cancelled.