Best way to get to wacken? Help

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
To clarify - do you mean from Hamburg to/from ITZHOE? I don't remember seeing an actual train stop for the town of WACKEN. Perhaps I've missed something. I'm fairly transportation savvy tho. :D

Good information here though...I may switch our arrival in the "north country" of Germany a day earlier!

I was talking about buses! Trains do not call at Wacken as it has no railway station.

Edit Piaf zegt: See the 1st post of the THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO WACKEN!

25 Feb. 2008
Yeah basically all I want to find out is whether 8pm arrival at the festival site is too late to get a decent spot if I get the bus from remedy records to wacken or if it is better to get the train to itzelhoe and shuttle bus to the camp site early on the day before the festival to get a good spot

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Yeah basically all I want to find out is whether 8pm arrival at the festival site is too late to get a decent spot if I get the bus from remedy records to wacken or if it is better to get the train to itzelhoe and shuttle bus to the camp site early on the day before the festival to get a good spot

Dunno. I'm going on Tuesday, and pass the night at EDEKA's parking lot. We can't go in before 8:00 am anyways. (reserved spots)

The Rockit's

6 Jan. 2008
New England Sea Coast
I was talking about buses! Trains do not call at Wacken as it has no railway station.

Edit Piaf zegt: See the 1st post of the THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO WACKEN!
I was 99.999999% sure there were no trains that call to Wacken. I have the rail map etc. But the way that was written (as there was no word "bus") I was just confirming and/or thought it was like the mythical Hogwarts Express (i.e., invisible). I make transportation maps for a living!:D

It was late last eve when I was reading and I was tired.

Believe me, I've read thru the "difinitive guide" etc.

AH!! I just saw where I misread! I read RR to mean RailRoad (standard abbreivation) - as opposed to Remedy Records. See I'm far to deep in my transportation maps at work. :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
25 Feb. 2008
The problem with the official getting to wacken thread is that it does not answer the question I have which is, is it best to get there early to get a good spot to camp or does it not really matter

lifesadream

W:O:A Metalhead
14 Nov. 2007
Atlanta,GA
Going by from everything I have read and have heard if you want to camp you will be able to no matter when you arrive. I guess the later you arrive though the rurther away from the fest site you will be.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Going by from everything I have read and have heard if you want to camp you will be able to no matter when you arrive. I guess the later you arrive though the rurther away from the fest site you will be.

that's pretty much it

you'll always be allowed to camp for sure, but the later on in the festival you arrive and the bigger your tent, the longer you'll have to walk to find a good camp spot.