Best Black Metal Band ?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Supercharger

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
Well thanks for the advice

I'm currenlty exploring progressive rock/metalbands like Porcupine tree, Treshold, Andromeda, Pain of Salvation, Dead soul tribe, Ark, Arena and several other bands. There are some great bands from England and Sweden outthere

Lord Horb

W:O:A Metalhead
25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
Emperor of course... and I like Absu and Vital Remains (are they black metal?)

man, I hate those categories where you just put bands in...

damnit, I like HEAVY FUCKING METAL! isn't that enough?
well, and some Grind too :D

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Not into genres that much, but I guess that these bands would go as black metal:

Immortal, Dimmu Borgir, Dark Funeral, Mörk Gryning.

Great stuff :)

^witchfinder^

@Pil :) nah i wasnt meaning that Rakoth were "Black Metal" just that was what i was listening to at the time of posting ...as in (NP) now playing Rakoth

actually i hate all these so called types of metal ...black , power , gothic , thrash , death , speed etc i like all types of metal ...with one exeption "nu metal"

i prefer more darker types of metal but i would never say i only like "black metal" haha guess i am not "true" enough for the evil black metal scene ;)

lol this thread was mainly started as a bit of a joke against the power metal thread :)

NP - Metallica - Master Of Puppets

Blackwizard69

22 Juli 2002
Roma
Website besuchen
@ Supercharger:

Porcupine Tree rulez! If you like them you should check out Opeth (Blackwater Park, their latest album, was produced by Steve Wilson, Porcupine Tree's singer/guitar player).

The old Mayhem (with Euronymous and Dead) were the first band to play so-called "True" Black Metal, and in my opinion remain the best black metal band of all time.

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Actually Bathory's first albums were released before Mayhem's debut, and influenced them. I would classify "The Return..." (1985) as the first true black metal album.

Oh, well,

/mug

Blackwizard69

22 Juli 2002
Roma
Website besuchen
@ Mugabe

I agree, as a matter of fact maybe we should count in Venom as well, since most if not all of these bands' major influences were Venom and Bathory (and Celtic frost). I've counted these bands out because I consider "true" black metal only those bands that were initially part of the Inner Circle in Norway, plus a few of the Swedish bands. Venom and Bathory made great music, but they weren't really into the worship satan/let's burn some churches thing. Having said that, in my opinion Bathory were a great band!