Beer trading

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

jadedmessiah

1 März 2014
kashechewan, Onatrio
if you know what hotel you're going to stay at you might just be able to send a package there and pick it up when you arrive at the hotel :p

I wonder how much it would cost to internationally ship a few cases of beer??? and more importantly would they last the pressure changes associated with flying?? I will look into this b/c I think it would be great to trade beer.

Darkfang

W:O:A Metalhead
I wonder how much it would cost to internationally ship a few cases of beer??? and more importantly would they last the pressure changes associated with flying?? I will look into this b/c I think it would be great to trade beer.

.. And can we shipped alcohol ? With all the gvnt taxes/restriction, i don't want to be accused of trafficking :rolleyes:

And shipping 3-4kg going to cost a lot to ship oversea.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

the pressure shouldn't be a problem. but you probably would want to wrap individual beers since the people of the post companies might not handle the packages very gentle.

benenaes

10 März 2014
Dutch beers are crap in general, there are a few exceptions though.

Hmm, not exactly sure if you have been tasting Dutch beer lately, maybe you're referring to Pilsner (which is only one of the many beer styles) ? You should definitely check out the beers from Emelisse, De Molen, Jopen, Het Ij, Eem, La Trappe etc.

benenaes

10 März 2014
"Good stuff" and "beer from Belgium and Netherlands" in one sentence is a borderline abomination.:ugly:

No good stuff ? If you're talking about the AB Inbev shit that is getting pushed to all ignorant Belgian beer drinkers, I'll admit you're right. On the other hand, think of the styles we have defined: Gueuze/Lambic/Kriek, Oud Bruin, Saison, Dubbel/Tripel/Quadrupel from the Trappist breweries. Not to mention my favourite: Orval ! And what about these really strong breweries: Struise Brouwers, Brouwers Verzet, Dochter van de Korenaar, Alvinne, De Ryck, etc? De Proefbrouwerij is renowned in the world for their constant quality and brewing techniques. Enough name dropping, but you can catch my drift: for a country of 10 million inhabitants, I think we're doing fine.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
No good stuff ? If you're talking about the AB Inbev shit that is getting pushed to all ignorant Belgian beer drinkers, I'll admit you're right. On the other hand, think of the styles we have defined: Gueuze/Lambic/Kriek, Oud Bruin, Saison, Dubbel/Tripel/Quadrupel from the Trappist breweries. Not to mention my favourite: Orval ! And what about these really strong breweries: Struise Brouwers, Brouwers Verzet, Dochter van de Korenaar, Alvinne, De Ryck, etc? De Proefbrouwerij is renowned in the world for their constant quality and brewing techniques. Enough name dropping, but you can catch my drift: for a country of 10 million inhabitants, I think we're doing fine.

Ter info/Pour l'info/FYI: Quadruple is, AFAIK, a Dutch brewery art of the La Trappe brewery. None of the Belgian trappist and Abby Brewers make Quadruple.
Unfortunately, none of the brewers make them in cans, so they're festival fit.

benenaes

10 März 2014
Ter info/Pour l'info/FYI: Quadruple is, AFAIK, a Dutch brewery art of the La Trappe brewery. None of the Belgian trappist and Abby Brewers make Quadruple.
Unfortunately, none of the brewers make them in cans, so they're festival fit.

Westvleteren 12, Rochefort 10, Chimay Blue and Achel Extra Bruin are all quadrupel beers, although they don't explicitly say so on the label. Unfortunately indeed, they don't make them in cans: it's a container type that is being looked down upon in Belgium, although I don't think that's justified ... Are barrels allowed on the camping ground ? ;)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Westvleteren 12, Rochefort 10, Chimay Blue and Achel Extra Bruin are all quadrupel beers, although they don't explicitly say so on the label. Unfortunately indeed, they don't make them in cans: it's a container type that is being looked down upon in Belgium, although I don't think that's justified ... Are barrels allowed on the camping ground ? ;)

Yep, as long as you take them back home.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Hmm, not exactly sure if you have been tasting Dutch beer lately, maybe you're referring to Pilsner (which is only one of the many beer styles) ? You should definitely check out the beers from Emelisse, De Molen, Jopen, Het Ij, Eem, La Trappe etc.

Those I would call the exceptions ;)
I love the beers from Jopen, even have been to the brewer before a dimmu borgir gig a few years back. it was just around the corner.