Bands 2014 Should I be worried?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
It's too late to get tickets anyways, unless you go to the ticket exchange.

Be that as it may, a laid back attitude from the Wacken organisation is not to be expected! After all, there's always a next year's edition.

nuclear_demon

W:O:A Metalhead
27 Mai 2013
Alpenrepublik
It's too late to get tickets anyways, unless you go to the ticket exchange.

Be that as it may, a laid back attitude from the Wacken organisation is not to be expected! After all, there's always a next year's edition.

That's not what I meant with my post. I know that they don't lay back. I meant that they don't have to hurry that much in announcing the complete line-up, as they are already sold-out.

And of course it's to late for tickets, but I mean 75000 people, including me, bought their tickets, without even knowing half of the billing. So it's obivous that we all did blind bargain.

I just think that a lot of people had expectations, which were to high, when they bought the tickets...

Death to Vatican

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Mai 2009
Torino, Italy (Juventusland!)
Your expectations.

:D Nice reply, but I have to partially disagree. My expectations were and still are higher. Do not misunderstand me, I'm not waiting for fancy headliners. I've always said and I'm still convinced that what makes a festival great is not what you see at 21:00 but rather what you get at 17:00.
Headliners normally go from good to great, but the backbone of a great metal festival is the middle of the bill.
So let the headliner be Amon Amarth, Motorhead and Emperor if you like, but give me some solid metal all day long!
As of today I've got 20 groups that make me fairly happy. Add a few more solid bands, let's say as many as 8, with the likes of Napalm Death, Grave Digger, Obituary, Kataklysm and stuff like this and I will not even care who the headliners are.

MasterChu19155

Moderatorin
6 Aug. 2003
Hamburg & Berlin
What I find missing in this 2014 bill is some good old pagan folk from The north. Some Turisas, Finntroll and Korpiklaani would definitely not be bad...

and some good old speed metal/traditional heavy metal...:uff:

Stuff like Sanctuary, Pretty Maids, Screamer, Skull Fist, Steelwing, Virgin Steele, Metal Church, Jag Panzer, Manilla Road, Persuader, Angel Dust, Warlord or whatever...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Hurrabärchi

nur zum Pöbeln hier
9 Okt. 2012
What I find missing in this 2014 bill is some good old pagan folk from The north. Some Turisas, Finntroll and Korpiklaani would definitely not be bad...

I know this "good old xy" is just some kind of rhetorical set phrase, yet this wording nearly confuses me as much as a friend of mine who talked about "old-school Korpiklaani" lately :confused:.

MasterChu19155

Moderatorin
6 Aug. 2003
Hamburg & Berlin
I know this "good old xy" is just some kind of rhetorical set phrase, yet this wording nearly confuses me as much as a friend of mine who talked about "old-school Korpiklaani" lately :confused:.

Yeah I'm a bit confused to read that Korpiklaani has beeing refered to as "old school xy". But it's funny. :D

In my world only the sound of the 80's is the "old school xy" stuff and everything from beginning of the 90's "mighty-rainbow-shiny-unicorn-power-metal-of light-and-glory" and the "pagan-viking-stuff" is more something "inbetween". :D

Highlander87

W:O:A Metalmaster
27 Jan. 2008
Nürnberg
www.musik-sammler.de

It seems "old" doesn't mean what I thought it meant anymore. :confused:

and some good old speed metal/traditional heavy metal...:uff:

Stuff like Sanctuary, Pretty Maids, Screamer, Skull Fist, Steelwing, Virgin Steele, Metal Church, Jag Panzer, Manilla Road, Persuader, Angel Dust, Warlord or whatever...

I'd gladly join every single festival you organize. :D

Which can ONLY be Freedom Call. :D

All Hail to Freedom Call!

*sing*
We are warriors,
born from the light!
An army for freedom,
defenders of life!

:D:D